IGNORED

Help my buy a sub?

My speakers have XLR in, but my DAC only has TRS

And yes it needs to be stereo.

To be clear, your DAC has two balanced TRS outputs. You can get cables with TRS plugs on one end and XLR on the other. Same signal, different connector. Not to be confused with single-ended stereo through a single TRS connector (headphones).

You could try Canuck Audio Mart. Search subwoofers, then hit the asking price twice. The first one will show high to low prices. Second hit will show lower to higher prices.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

You could try Canuck Audio Mart. Search subwoofers, then hit the asking price twice. The first one will show high to low prices. Second hit will show lower to higher prices.

Thanks! I am going through all that now.

What do you guys thing of this one?

https://www.amazon.ca/Cerwin-Vega-Active-Studio-Subwoofer/dp/B00IKNHDIQ/ref=sr_1_9?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1481657080&sr=1-9&keywords=subwoofer

Some guy chewed me out for wanting it but he's probably just an idiot. Either way I would like to hear what you have to say.

That sub is more or less for a simple computer set up. It's not going to blow you away or seamlessly integrate with your powered speakers. From your other thread you have already sold yourself short by buying the Focusrite. There's nothing wrong with the product but it's a recording interface. A dedicated dac/pre would have been your ideal setup. Unless your recording music as your primary use. Is there a Craigslist site in Canada? Then you could buy local and bargin shop.

Thanks! I am going through all that now.

What do you guys thing of this one?

https://www.amazon.ca/Cerwin-Vega-Active-Studio-Subwoofer/dp/B00IKNHDIQ/ref=sr_1_9?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1481657080&sr=1-9&keywords=subwoofer

Some guy chewed me out for wanting it but he's probably just an idiot. Either way I would like to hear what you have to say.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

That sub is more or less for a simple computer set up. It's not going to blow you away or seamlessly integrate with your powered speakers. From your other thread you have already sold yourself short by buying the Focusrite. There's nothing wrong with the product but it's a recording interface. A dedicated dac/pre would have been your ideal setup. Unless your recording music as your primary use. Is there a Craigslist site in Canada? Then you could buy local and bargin shop.

So I'd be better off paying the extra cash for a KRK sub?

Brand new is just $50 more than what you were willing to pay. $300 vs $350. I know it can seem a lot but this is under a $100 difference, plus your getting a product from the same company that made your speakers. I think that's a better route. If there are any guitar shops in your area they may carry it or use Amazon. Also try pawn shops in your area. If it was purchased from a guitar store, items always find there way to the pawn shops.

Brand new is just $50 more than what you were willing to pay. $300 vs $350. I know it can seem a lot but this is under a $100 difference, plus your getting a product from the same company that made your speakers. I think that's a better route. If there are any guitar shops in your area they may carry it or use Amazon. Also try pawn shops in your area. If it was purchased from a guitar store, items always find there way to the pawn shops.

Which product are you referring to specifically?

Which product are you referring to specifically?

/www.amazon.com/KRK-8S2-Powered-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B01I46H3FQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481740754&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=KRK+8S+v2+8"+109w+Powered+Studio+Subwoofer+w%2FClass+D+Amplifier+In+MDF+Enclosure

But the used one here Used KRK 10S Subwoofer | Guitar Center is an upgrade. It's 10" instead of 8

That's a used a Sub and an older model. That's a choice you'll have to make. The Amazon one is a newer version, thus the S2 at the end of the model number. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Always best to take your time. witchdoctor, recommended a great adapter and two quality subs to look at. It can be frustration and fun at the same time. Good luck.