IGNORED

Help my buy a sub?

The bigger the better. Not always, but it wouldn't hurt. Unless it far exceeds your price range.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

One more question: should I get the 10s or 8s?

I have 4" woffers on my monitors, so 8" sub makes sense right? The only problem is that the 10s is only $50 more expensive.

Would it be overpowering or can I just turn it down?

That's what the crossover control is for.

Just so I know, what was wrong with the Focusrite?

Are you using this to record music from an instrument (guitar, snyth., vocal)? That's what this product is intended for. If not, you could have bought a dedicated Dac for the same amount or even less that does one thing period, convert a digital signal to analog. This will still work but a dedicated Dac is what you want. A simple Audioquest Dragonfly would get you started. There are plenty of used Dacs that would do the the same thing. You would use a Y-divider to split the signals to your speakers and your future subwoofer. The sound quality from a dedicated Dac would most likely out perform the Focusrite. Not that theirs anything wrong with Focusrite but this is intended for just getting your instruments on to your computer and use a piece of DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) for editing/processing. Very cheap Dacs don't grow on trees but their out there, used of course. If you like what hear from Focusrite then your set. Don't over think it. If want something better in the future, up grade.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

That's what I basically understood. I don't really need the inputs, but why not? It wasn't very expensive, either.

Does the 192 kbps apply throughout? I mean, coming from my computer, I am limited to 192 kbps or that's what recording is limited to?

For examlpe, If you were to purchase a Dragonfly by Audioquest (Black $100, Red $200), then KRK 8" Sub $349. You would be set. The output from the Dragonfly goes into the Subwoofers unbalanced inputs and then from the subs output to your speakers. That's just one way of doing it. The Dragonfly requires a cable that goes from 3.5mm into L/R rca adaptors. There's plenty out there. Of course you can replace the Dac, the sub, anything you want with anything.

That's what I basically understood. I don't really need the inputs, but why not? It wasn't very expensive, either.

Does the 192 kbps apply throughout? I mean, coming from my computer, I am limited to 192 kbps or that's what recording is limited to?

That's kind of the point. Buying something cheap that's doing several things isn't necessary a good thing. Are you using this to record? If not you have been led down the wrong track.

You may find that a Dac may make your speakers sound far better than you thought and you might not need a sub.

Akoto, don't get discouraged or sidetracked from my comments. There's lots of ways of doing things here. My suggestion is just one way. Stick with your original plan, and adjust your components when needed. Buyers remorse can happen at any price point, especially when someone like me starts suggesting other, or so called better ways of doing things.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

No DAC in this universe will extend the low frequency response of a speaker.

True, but a good DAC will bring out the best your speakers have to offer. I didn't mean to imply that it would go lower. My bad.

The amp is the most important for getting the most out of the speakers.

The OP was talking about subs and DACs not amps, linear supply units or preamps. The DAC came from the other thread.

The OP was talking about subs and DACs not amps, linear supply units or preamps. The DAC came from the other thread.

He has active speakers so there's no separate amp. Hopefully the built-in amps are suited to the drivers, in which case any competent DAC will do. If not, there's nothing to be done about it. A better DAC will not help an inadequate amp drive a difficult load.