IGNORED

Leonard Cohen

bgoc

Just to let you know ... there is an "official" CA.com thread about Leonard Cohen here -- http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f24-memoriam/leonard-norman-cohen-30500/

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

On another note, *I* thought he was a lousy song writer but, perhaps, a good poet
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but literally millions would disagree with you regarding his songs. Many are classics, which will live on for a very long time.

We have lost another great talent.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but literally millions would disagree with you regarding his songs. Many are classics, which will live on for a very long time.

We have lost another great talent.

That there are literally millions who would disagree with me is neither here nor there. Millions love Bob Dylan too, but, again, I'm not among them.

George

That there are literally millions who would disagree with me is neither here nor there. Millions love Bob Dylan too, but, again, I'm not among them.

Can you name a few "popular" songwriters that you admire, or don't you listen to the genre at all?

As a side note I don't classify someone good songwriter unless the music is as good as the lyrics...

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Can you name a few "popular" songwriters that you admire, or don't you listen to the genre at all?

Sure. George and Ira Gershwin, Cole Porter, Henry Mancini, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Brian Wilson...

As a side note I don't classify someone good songwriter unless the music is as good as the lyrics...

Me too. I've never liked Cohen's "tunes".

George

That there are literally millions who would disagree with me is neither here nor there.
It is to the millions who disagree with you. :)

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Good advice! I might enlarge that bit of wisdom by saying that one shouldn't argue with people who have no taste, either! :)
You needn't be so hard on yourself in public, George, even if it's true. :)