IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

My Oppo 203 arrived yesterday and I'll install it tomorrow. I already ripped my SACDs but will experiment and see if the script works. I should get to soon unless someone knows that it won't work.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

It won't. Already been tested.

So to Oppo 203 has a chip set that won't allo SACD ripping?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Étienne said:

Biggest bummer with forums is the info is scattered. Is there a site with info organized on this topic? List of units that work, links to the files needed to make this work. Current step by step instructions. There are 82 pages here with some over a year old. Technology marches on and things have likely changed.

I'm very interested in getting my SACD collection onto my NAS and available to JRiver Media Center for listening without digging for a disc. At the moment considering purchasing a Pioneer Elite BDP-80FD. My assumption is that each unit requires a unique setup. I found SACD-extract-BDP160.zip but assume it only works with a Pioneer BDP-160. Do I assume correctly?

Rather than a web site (which is a tedious task) why not use sticky threads that contain the basic?

It seems that a few novices over at Steve Hoffman's forum are having problems http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/anyone-tried-this-sacd-ripping-service.494748/page-6#post-16456012 using this technique.

Since I ripped my SACDs using a PS3, I can't help them. If anyone feels like assisting, some of them will be grateful. I pointed them to this thread but it has grown so much as to be daunting to a novice.

It would be nice if a procedures sticky were added to this tread. :x

Thanks and please don't flame me >:(

14 hours ago, ted_b said:

I wish I could, but the OP (me in this case) on any thread has no more rights to edit than any poster.

We have a nice post a couple pages back that list all the working players.  Now, if someone who uses them (I don't) could point me to the best of the posts that summarize the easiest instructions I would be happy to start a new summary thread (or article for that matter).

Is there anyway to post stickies (permanent posts at the top of the thread) or does the administrator have to do that?

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Hep said:

Hi, I have just bought the Oppo UDP-205 that uses the Mediatek 8581 platform.  Does anybody know if the ripping process can be used on said machine. I have a huge collection of SACD  and would very much like your advice on how to convert them to Iso SACD. 

I thank you very much for this wonderful thread

Best regards

Henry 

No, but I would try it anyway.

• 4 months later...

If

16 hours ago, David Fell said:

I feel so close; I can almost taste it...

I've been reading this tread with great excitement, and today laid my hands on a Pioneer BDP-80FD. The instructions seem pretty clear to me. I'm on a Mac. Disabled autoplay as told. Created a static IP address on my router for the Pioneer, which can see the network. 

Inserted the USB stick, drawer opened, I put in SACD, closed it, and ran Sonore ISO2DSD. 

immediately get:

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? SOOO looking forward to putting my SACDs in my nice new car stereo!

If this were a PS3 rip, I would suggest that this "192.168.1.12:2002" might not be correct. When using the PS3 I sometimes have to correct the port number. Is there any way you can tell what the ISO2DSD is looking for and what the actual setting is on the BDP-80F are? Just speculating.

• The Computer Audiophile changed the title to SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!
  • 4 months later...
14 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

Post # 4426, updated compiles graciously provided by @Nexus3 last March.

Is this version better than Mr. Wicked's last version? I do all of my ripping using my venerable but slow PS3. 

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

It is, but I'm not referring in any way to use of it with a PS3, I only rip SACD using Blu-ray players.

I don't have any idea if any of the components in this package are compatible with PS3.

Understood and thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

What and where is the latest version of SACD extract? 

Thanks