IGNORED

Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty – The Digital Hub

2 hours ago, Clyde2 said:

I really hope this forum doesn’t devolve and become unreadable like some of the others have recently. 

Honestly, what kind of an answer are you looking for? The update only fixed one issue, i.e., Roon certification. I'm still using the Q firmware since I don't use Roon, no need to update. This is a pretty minor and specific update.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

5 hours ago, Axiom05 said:

Honestly, what kind of an answer are you looking for? The update only fixed one issue, i.e., Roon certification. I'm still using the Q firmware since I don't use Roon, no need to update. This is a pretty minor and specific update.

Honestly, I was looking for exactly what I asked. If you don’t recall, there was an issue with an update recently. I’m merely inquiring if those who have installed the newest version experienced any negatives. I didn’t think my post was outside the norm. Perhaps I was mistaken. 

3 minutes ago, Clyde2 said:

Honestly, I was looking for exactly what I asked. If you don’t recall, there was an issue with an update recently. I’m merely inquiring if those who have installed the newest version experienced any negatives. I didn’t think my post was outside the norm. Perhaps I was mistaken. 

Your post and question was perfectly fine; but I think a small joke should be fine as well. Let's just respect each others contributions, and not judge them. 

6 hours ago, HifiVoice said:

Your post and question was perfectly fine; but I think a small joke should be fine as well. Let's just respect each others contributions, and not judge them. 

I believe a single emoji is no longer sufficient to prove that a post is a sincere attempt at humor with no ulterior motives. The time is also coming when you will come across as stuck up if you insist on using punctuation marks.

On 3/6/2023 at 12:08 PM, scottsol said:

I believe a single emoji is no longer sufficient to prove that a post is a sincere attempt at humor with no ulterior motives. The time is also coming when you will come across as stuck up if you insist on using punctuation marks.

I would agree that some members of this QX-5 forum are totally not supportive when others raise questions or find issues on QX5. Just because they don't use such inputs, so they don't care at all.

In December 2021, i have shared that firmware N has the issue that i could not play DSD file on AES/SPDIF/TOS inputs, which is the totally new issue since firmware N.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Does anyone have any long term thoughts on whether the Net2 board is worth the scratch?

Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty -> Ayre Acoutics AX-5 Twenty -> Bowers and Wilkins 802D3 Loudspeakers | Transparent Balanced Reference XL (Gen 5) - Transparent Power Isolator Reference | Transparent Reference Powercords (Gen 5)| Transparent Reference Speaker Cable (MM2)| Transparent Ethernet/USB| Vicoustics] HD6xx/Grado PS1000s

On 3/8/2023 at 7:45 AM, ufoerp said:

I would agree that some members of this QX-5 forum are totally not supportive when others raise questions or find issues on QX5. Just because they don't use such inputs, so they don't care at all.

In December 2021, i have shared that firmware N has the issue that i could not play DSD file on AES/SPDIF/TOS inputs, which is the totally new issue since firmware N.

I was not unsupportive, just pointing out that Aurender was also part of the "problem" and that there were temporary workarounds available. However, I did not anticipate that it would have taken Ayre as long as it did to correct the problem, if I had I would not have made the comment. The time required was, IMHO, unacceptable.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

2 hours ago, GrubTheHedgehog said:

Does anyone have any long term thoughts on whether the Net2 board is worth the scratch?

For me that cost was completely worth it, in my system the USB2 upgrade was transformative. Before that I was using the AES input because I couldn't stand the USB input for extended periods of listening. Since the upgrade I have not used anything but the USB.

3 hours ago, GrubTheHedgehog said:

Duh! Apologies, for some reason I read Net2 as USB2. My QX-5/20 does not have the network board.

2 hours ago, Axiom05 said:

Duh! Apologies, for some reason I read Net2 as USB2. My QX-5/20 does not have the network board.

Yeah, no worries. I have the USB2 board already. I agree it works well. Cheers!

Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty -> Ayre Acoutics AX-5 Twenty -> Bowers and Wilkins 802D3 Loudspeakers | Transparent Balanced Reference XL (Gen 5) - Transparent Power Isolator Reference | Transparent Reference Powercords (Gen 5)| Transparent Reference Speaker Cable (MM2)| Transparent Ethernet/USB| Vicoustics] HD6xx/Grado PS1000s

On 3/15/2023 at 3:29 PM, Axiom05 said:

The Net2 is worth the scratch. I found the sonic performance of the Net 2 sounded even better to me than the Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical feeding the USB2.

Steve Plaskin

55 minutes ago, Mercman said:

The Net2 is worth the scratch. I found the sonic performance of the Net 2 sounded even better to me than the Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical feeding the USB2.

Hi, thanks for posting your impressions.  I just received the brand new Lumin U2 on Wednesday.  I too am utilizing fiber as I converted my LAN a few years back.  

I also placed an order for a QX-5 Twenty about two weeks ago and opted for the USB2 and NET2 options.  Although it will be shipped with the original Net card since the new Net cards are backordered for around 3 months.  Ayre will mail it out once available.  I only ordered the NET2 board for resale value, but after reading your post, it sounds like it's definitely worth comparing it to the Lumin.  I would be amazed if it could do better than the U2 but you have piqued my interest!  Fun stuff.

Ayre KX-5/VX-5/QX-5 Twenty; Lumin U2 streamer w/ fiber input; Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1; LHY SW-10, SW-6, FMC; D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 for ctr, surr. & Atmos; VPI Classic w/3D Arm; Pass Labs XP-17 phono pre; Audioquest Niagara 5000; Legacy speakers: Focus SE mains, Classic surrounds; SS II center; Studio HD (x4) Atmos, Rythmik GP25 sub; All cabling by Audio Sensibility

46 minutes ago, Mercman said:

The Lumin looks gorgeous !

I’m using a Roon Nucleus +.

Thank you.  And it sounds far better than it looks!  Ironically, this is the first piece of gear in my rack from a non-US company and it is 100% staying.  Well, unless the QX-5 net bridge somehow betters it's performance :)

Ayre KX-5/VX-5/QX-5 Twenty; Lumin U2 streamer w/ fiber input; Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1; LHY SW-10, SW-6, FMC; D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 for ctr, surr. & Atmos; VPI Classic w/3D Arm; Pass Labs XP-17 phono pre; Audioquest Niagara 5000; Legacy speakers: Focus SE mains, Classic surrounds; SS II center; Studio HD (x4) Atmos, Rythmik GP25 sub; All cabling by Audio Sensibility

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard any chatter about new Ayre products? It is almost Axpona time!

4 hours ago, GrubTheHedgehog said:

Has anyone heard any chatter about new Ayre products?

I only know about the VX-8 amplifier, they are keeping hush about anything else.

From what they circulated there will be one new analog product and one new digital product, perhaps? Should be interesting.

Looks like the the new pre gets variable gain? I wonder how it stacks against the KX-5 Twenty/AX-5.

• 1 month later...

Are any of you guys running windows having random issues with WASAPI or Roon lately? 

1 hour ago, GrubTheHedgehog said:

Are any of you guys running windows having random issues with WASAPI or Roon lately? 

This won’t help but I can’t even run Roon on my QX-5, via Ethernet. It’s Roon Uncertified. Ayre has no idea of how to fix. I’ll have to wait for the Net2 boards. 

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

I have an issue where WASAPI just disappears as an option. I’ve had to reinstall Roon twice this week.

I’d try a clean reinstall of Roon. I actually had the uncertified issue over the years. I think it was firmware.

1 hour ago, GrubTheHedgehog said:

I have an issue where WASAPI just disappears as an option. I’ve had to reinstall Roon twice this week.

I’d try a clean reinstall of Roon. I actually had the uncertified issue over the years. I think it was firmware.

I’ve tried net and general resets, and re-updating the QX-5 firmware. I did wipe out Roon Core and re-install from backup. But do you mean installing Roon not from backup? Thanks. 

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.