IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

2 hours ago, Peter_T said:

I am trying to use Qobuz with the MPD/DLNA section of my SMS-200 (v4.7). In it's config you can see :

Knipsel1.thumb.JPG.e8aee03a86cc81c4a499cacc85bff191.JPG

I fill this out with my Qobuz user/pw and save it. Because Qobuz itself does not communicate directly with DLNA streamers I had to use the controller app Kazoo on my Ipad. There I can see the SMS-200 as "server" :

Knipsel2.JPG.e50e4bf6903e3ab86c1823bddcd41e54.JPG

Going to Kazoo "rooms" or renderer page I see :

Knipsel3.JPG.c9db1f5a6a3e8291a26240aae18c753a.JPG

Nice : This might work, but if I click on Qobuz I get an error message :

Knipsel4.JPG.695fed649fac2bcd4a86aabaac1d801e.JPG

Apparently the Qobuz login data stored in the SMS-200 are not reaching Qobuz.

Has anybody used this method with success? 

What does work is the control app MConnectHD (7 €) on my Ipad which has a special Qobuz login procedure. But it would be nice if I could use the SMS-200 DLNA directly, then the choice of control apps would be much broader.

I was facing your problem a couple of months ago

I contacted May, she is in the Marketing department of SOtM ([email protected]), and after more or less a week of suggestions and trials she gave me the solution to use MConnect to stream Qobuz to my SOtM sms 200. 
she also told me that “some day” the problem would have been addressed....

After some investigations about MPD and UPNP, I discovered that there is a problem in UPNP protocol due to OpenHome configuration

You can read yourself here https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/upmpdcli-manual.html#UPMPDCLI-RENDERER-FORMATS in this chapter Accessing the streaming services with OpenHome from Kazoo

I suspect that this could be the real problem and the solution seems ... remote

I didn’t try another solution as my Qobuz trial period expired, you could install Bubbleupnp server on SOtM, you can find it in Eunhasu UI and configure it here the instructions to configure https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver2/)

It works on top of MPD/UPNP and could give the access to Qobuz

Hope this can help you

Stefano

My audio system

14 minutes ago, Peter_T said:

Thank you for your answer,

I also notified May from SOtM, maybe she has an update? Anyway : BubbleUpNp did not solve this question. Mconnect maybe working but it has a huge omission : for classical music it does not list the tag "composer"  which is a persistent problem for us : the minority classical music listener.  If you are lucky the composer is a few clicks away, but not in Mconnect. So one day I probably would have to embrace Roon, which is still bit expensive for me.

You could try to use MinimServer, it is fantastic for classical music. It is very easy to install and very lightweight. In MConnect you could browse MinimServer folders, actually they are the tags ... give it a try. You can install it more or less everywhere (pc windows, Linux, nas, raspberry  ....) with the only prerequisite of java installed on the same server. It is very interesting his “Intelligent Browsing” capability... in few words you can browse starting from any tag and you’ll have all the others available ... you just need to have all your files full tagged.....

Stefano

My audio system

3 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

You could try to use MinimServer, it is fantastic for classical music. It is very easy to install and very lightweight. In MConnect you could browse MinimServer folders, actually they are the tags ... give it a try. You can install it more or less everywhere (pc windows, Linux, nas, raspberry  ....) with the only prerequisite of java installed on the same server. It is very interesting his “Intelligent Browsing” capability... in few words you can browse starting from any tag and you’ll have all the others available ... you just need to have all your files full tagged.....

Just to give you an idea ... I’m using LUMIN app and this is the first level of my library....

450BFEA8-6CDF-4B54-9C7E-9C9B0C474743.png

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 weeks later...

@Peter_T & @Cebolla

just an update ...

I installed Bubbleupnpserver on a NUC/Ubuntu and defined my SOtM SMS 200 as an OpenHome render

then I selected it in LUMIN app and I could see Qobuz and Tidal icons in the raw where you can select Artists, Genres, Composers .....

I selected Qobuz icon and the login windows appeared and I filled it what my credentials

.... and it worked!

Now I can navigate and stream in Qobuz

.... just to let you know, maybe something has changed ....

6B16F71D-F4F8-4DE9-87AB-97C772DCA5C8.png

93CE1D37-31D9-4065-B7E3-613E3CE29659.png

Stefano

My audio system

19 minutes ago, Peter_T said:

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for your advice :

I was trying to see if the id/pw for Qobuz that one can enter into the settings of the SOTM200 DLNA section could work. It did not and still does not work even if you use BubbleUPNP openhome servers/renderer. What you show is that Lumiin has its own connection to Tidal and Qobuz, like some other control apps e.g. Mconnect. You use the SOTM here as openhome renderer only. But what I see is that the Lumiin app is better for Qobuz than the Mconnect app (Ipad). I emailed @May from SOTM about it and Qobuz. May confirmed that entering id/pw in the SOTM DLNA section does not work. She recommended Mconnect and Lumiin. But it might work in the future. @Cebolla is right : Qobuz stopped the beta version that used DLNA. But they said that they are still working on it. They have not abandoned it.

... you are right ...

I have another renderer, moOde installed on a raspberry pi 4, and just configured it as an openhome renderer in Bubbleupnpserver and it works too

I didn’t realized that the connection to Qobuz was done by Lumïn app ....

anyway it seems better than mconnect and you can shutdown the app (Lumïn) and the streaming will not stop as happens with mconnect 

The conclusion seems to be that Bubbleupnpserver enables the streaming from Qobuz with any UPNP renderer and control points like Lumïn, Linn Kazoo .... 

and Lumïn has a wonderful interface ...

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, BPED said:

Hi Stefano, thanks.

Yes I connected the hard disk to the USB1 plug (not audio USB). My issue is that when I try to save and close the Library configuration page it keeps thinking and it doesn't close.

Checking on my mac Finder I see Eunhasu with the two USB1 and USB2 folders with a red round sign (like street sign no access).

Btw, do you tick Samba like I explained above or not in your system?

thanks!

I tried a couple of years ago and I had to .... rediscover the trick ....

MPD cannot find the music itself, an upnp server is needed, then you have to install Minimserver on your SMS-200

Then you must configure it and you need to install on any computer you have on hand MinimWatch (here the link to MinimWatch installing instructions https://minimserver.com/installing.html ). Follow all the instructions, you'll need to install Java too if not already installed ... you'll find the links in the above installation guide

Once you have installed MinimWatch you'll be able to configure MinimServer on SMS-200. Launch it and you should find an icon (red the first time) like a music note, click on it and the configuration window will show

To start you just need to define the path to your music files in the contentDir field in the configuration window of MinimWatch that is (must be) /mw/data/music

Then you can find in your control point the music server which name is "MinimServer[eunhasu]"

Once you have selected it you should have all you music available in your control point

In my configuration, as in your, the USB content is not available as a share (even if Samba is checked), I can see the same icon you described

hope this can help you

Stefano

My audio system

• 4 weeks later...

@5-pot-fan ... really strange...

change log information should not depend on version ....

here attached you can find what can be seen ...

I do not find any change in SQ ... and according to change log I shouldn’t...

... I think could be a good idea to flash again the sd card with the 4.7 version and retry the update

here the link to eunhasu guide to burn the sd card

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

at the bottom of the page you’ll find the link to download ver 4.7

494313AA-BBDE-4CB2-B09B-BF978B1B4D7A.png

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 weeks later...

If your sotm is working the update is available OTA (on the air).

Under System Setup icon on the eunhasu configuration page you should find a yellow arrow that inform about available updates

If you need tu burn a new card there is non 4.81 download available, afaik, but from here (chapter 1.3)

https://www.docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

you can download the 4.70 version then you can update to 4.81 as described before

Stefano

My audio system

The change log for 4.81 version report that Qobuz id/pwd issue was finally solved.

I therefore tried to enter my login credentials in MPD configuration settings but sadly nothing changed, it is still not possible to login to Qobuz through sms-200.

I checked it with several apps like Lumin app, Linn app and Kazoo on iOS devices.

To be noticed that Tidal login works fine.

Do not consider MConnect as this app manage by itself (for Tidal and Qobuz) login information and playing music too, discovered this as if you play something using MConnect and then you shut down the device Wi-Fi connection music playing stops.

Is anyone here facing this same issue?

Thanks

Stefano

My audio system

2 hours ago, Peter_T said:

Hi Stefano,

I had the same trouble before with V4.7 of eunhasu. I reported about that in dec 2019 : see :

I tried it again with V8.1 recently : same experience as you reported above. Still does not work. You will have to use Mconnect (Ipad) or BubbleUpNp app (android). The problem lies with the Qobuz API. Qobuz promised me in Dec 2019 that they are still working on it, but apparently it has no priority for them. But I do not understand why SOTM wrote that it will work now with V8.1. Did did they really test it?? 

Thank you Peter for confirming this.

I know that the “workaround” is to use MConnect or Bubbleupnp but I was wondering Like you why SOtM announced to have solved the problem.

I asked May of SOtM and she answered that it was working using Bubbleupnp... it seems she doesn’t know what Bubbleupnp is really doing ... but when I told her to use an iOS app she admitted she was facing the same issue using Kazoo and suggested me to contact the app developer .... I don’t really understand this let me say not very professional behavior.

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, tedwoods said:

A new version is available which updates a bunch of stuff!

Installed flawlessly (fw ver. 4.9) .... MPD/DLNA is working fine!

Change log:

Version : V0.4.9
  - Date : 04-28-2020
  - Upgraded Roonready to the version 1.1.38
  - Upgraded GNU C library with needed few tools for OS system to the version 2.28-9
  - Fixed up Eunhasu version information display method in system config page
  - Upgraded below apps by uninstall and install in Eunhasu
  - Logitech Media Server to the version 7.9.3
  - MPD to the version 0.21.21
  - Upmpdcli(DLNA renderer) to the version 1.4.7
  - HQplayer NAA to the version 4.1.1
  - Shairport to the version 3.3.5
  - LibreSpot to the version 1.1.0
  - BubbleUPnP Server to the version 0.9.update37

Stefano

My audio system

3 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

I asked May Park when the Kernel update should be done. Turns out it doesn't matter:

"Thanks for your request, actually it doesn’t matter when it has to be done, the kernel update is about to update the capable DAC information for the native dsd playback."
Best regards, May

.... “kernel” is then a little bit misleading ..... good to know, thank you!

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

When I installed 4.7 firmware, I could not have sMS200 reboot.  I waited for 1 hr.  Since then, through 4.8 and 4.9 upgrade, I never could reboot the sMS 200.  I have to power-off my MacBook.  Upgrades appeared work just fine though.

anyone can reports how long for rebooting the sMS 200 at the end of installation?

No more then 5 minutes .... on sms-200 neo

Stefano

My audio system

On 4/15/2020 at 10:20 AM, stefano_mbp said:

If you need tu burn a new card there is non 4.90 download available, afaik, but from here (chapter 1.3)

https://www.docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

you can download the 4.70 version then you can update to 4.90

@Mahler and Bach on Computer if you are still facing too long reboot it could be better to burn a new microsd card. 

Stefano

My audio system

1 minute ago, audiobomber said:

According to the update log, you don't need uninstall/install the individual programs yourself. It is done automatically as part of the update.

System config page
– Upgraded below apps by uninstalling and installing in Eunhasu
-> Logitech Media Server to the version 7.9.3
-> MPD to the version 0.21.21
-> Upmpdcli(DLNA renderer) to the version 1.4.7
-> HQplayer NAA to the version 4.1.1
-> Shairport to the version 3.3.5
-> LibreSpot to the version 1.1.0
-> BubbleUPnP Server to the version 0.9.update37

After the update to 4.91 I checked the MPD version that was still 0.21.15

Uninstalled manually MPD and reinstalled and then the MPD version was 0.21.21

Therefore it seems the services upgrade must be done manually

Stefano

My audio system

2 hours ago, audiobomber said:

Sorry, you and 5-pot-fan are correct, MPD has not been updated. I assume we can expect 4.92 shortly.

How did you know you needed to do this? Did you check the version? It's never been required before and should have been done with 4.91. Roon Ready updated properly, MPD & DLNA did not.

After reading @5-pot-fan post I checked MPD version and change log again, I’m using MPD on my sms-200.

I agree with you that this is the first time we had to do this manually, but.... there is always a first time ..... what really matters is that everything is running fine.

Stefano

My audio system