IGNORED

Yes Tales 24/192 $10 on Pono

I'm new to Pono since getting Deja Vu in 24/192 (really good) and spotted Tales from Topographic Oceans in 24/192 for $10. Quite a good deal since it's $27 at HDT. Listening now and better than all my CD sources. Still hoping Steven Wilson pops this one out though I've read that is not to be.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Great deal if you like the album - but I don't. I did see the tour for that album back in the day. Hopefully Pono will come up with some great discount on a triple album I like :).

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Thanks for making me aware of this. I was able to grab it for $10.00 and am very happy to have it. The sound quality is the best I've heard for Tales.

Firedog, while I will easily agree that this is hardly one of the finest efforts by Yes, if you give the second half of the entire suite a chance, it's worthwhile.

JC

• 1 month later...

And now from Yes. Steven Wilson's versions will be released.

Started in 2013 and finally completed in April this year (so that's 3 years in the making folks), my remix of the double album "Tales from Topographic Oceans" by Yes (official) will be released later this year. More information soon.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

I'm new to Pono since getting Deja Vu in 24/192 (really good) and spotted Tales from Topographic Oceans in 24/192 for $10. Quite a good deal since it's $27 at HDT. Listening now and better than all my CD sources. Still hoping Steven Wilson pops this one out though I've read that is not to be.

This is probably the best version you can get until Mr. Wilson's remix is released. I'm quite happy with it.

This is probably the best version you can get until Mr. Wilson's remix is released. I'm quite happy with it.

I have the original UK vinyl in the mint condition with (I think) the earliest matrix numbers. It's stunningly good.

A few years ago I recorded it to DSD using a Korg MR2000s. I easily prefer that to the HDTracks version in 24/192, which is thinner and harder sounding.

Hopefully all that goodness is still on the tapes Wilson got his hands on.

Wilson's Fragile blows away my original UK pressing.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I have the original UK vinyl in the mint condition with (I think) the earliest matrix numbers. It's stunningly good.

A few years ago I recorded it to DSD using a Korg MR2000s. I easily prefer that to the HDTracks version in 24/192, which is thinner and harder sounding.

Hopefully all that goodness is still on the tapes Wilson got his hands on.

Wilson's Fragile blows away my original UK pressing.

Agreed on how great his version of Fragile sounds. THE reference for Yes fans!

JC