IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

Hi nc1688,

As lmitche posted, the clock setting of your Brooklyn should be internal. WC only works when you have an external word clock connected to the DAC.

BTW, being able to change the settings of your Brooklyn will suggest there will be no problems with the DAC itself. The problem you have now is probably due to improper setting of your Mac.

The Brooklyn appears to be recognized as an output device on your Mac as I wrote before but AudioMIDI also recognizes it as an input device as evidenced by the microphone icon beside the speaker icon. This is unusual, though I don't know the Brooklyn has such an input function. You might want to reinstall the firmware or the control panel software or both, because your previous software installation appears to have been incomplete at some points.

You should be able to re-allocate the mic via audio midi, as you do with output.

Caveat - I don't own a Brooklyn, yet, just the 192dsd dac.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

You should be able to re-allocate the mic via audio midi, as you do with output.

Caveat - I don't own a Brooklyn, yet, just the 192dsd dac.

Yes I know that, though only possible via firewire in case of 192 DSD and Manhattan DACs. I don't think the USB port of Brooklyn can deal with both of input and output, though I'm not an owner of Brooklyn, too ;-).

Anyway this I/O capability, valid or not, should be the reason why a pop-up menu appears in the clock selection of AudioMIDI, in which nc1688 have to choose a proper clock device (presumably Brooklyn, I guess) instead of the default 'Device' menu.

In earlier pictures I saw INT and No Lock and clearly volume output on the display.

Marc

hi Marc:

At the time of the picture in the case of lock no, although the screen shows the amount of sound, it is because I play songs with jriver! But there was no sound at all at that time!2016-05-03 10.54.38.jpg

[/

Thanks twluke for a warm response

Twluke I try to reinstall the software and the update program with my other MAC air! But unfortunately there is the same problem! Really very distressed!

Brooklyn since the April 17th update, my MQA is able to use the! Such as photo A

However, from the beginning of May 3rd, Brooklyn has been the 2 kinds of problems:

1 some time Brooklyn can not boot, there has been unable to enter the circles on the screen such as a photo of B! "

2 Brooklyn could occasionally boot into the no lock, but the frequency of the screen! "Such as photo C

Wondering if anyone else is using the Brooklyn with the microrendu? I just received mine today and have started burning it in using my HDplex power supply for both. I'm currently sending upsampled DSD256 content to it via HQplayer. Effortless setup (but I've been a sonicorbiter user so I'm used to the configuration). More to report after a week or so of cooking.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

Effortless setup (but I've been a sonicorbiter user so I'm used to the configuration). More to report after a week or so of cooking.

Robert, when you're ready to report, please include some words about how the microRendu compares to the Sonicorbiter SE.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Robert, when you're ready to report, please include some words about how the microRendu compares to the Sonicorbiter SE.

--David

I'll certainly do that as the orbiter has been my principle way of playing music since I got my Brooklyn. i only have 2 hours on the microrendu so far, but I've notice a couple of things:

1. The interface is identical to the orbiter (2.1)
  2. There is a loud thump when beginning DSD playback on the microrendu (not the orbiter) using HQplayer. This is like starting playback on an IFI DAC with the orbiter...but I didn't notice a thump with the brooklyn/orbiter combo.
  3. It's immediately obvious that soundstage depth has increased. My main system has Aerial 6Ts which are sound stage machines...the soundstage is simply amazing with the microrendu.

More to come in a week or so.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

您好,1,這是一個固件2.05的Bug 2請重新布魯克林並重新安裝軟件並與Windows 7,8或10的固件我覺得十“無鎖”是一個MAC OS的問題。wolft [/引用]

Thank the friends who care about the forum:

In accordance with the instructions of the mytek I will set the MQA to DSBL, the lock was finally lifted!

But when I play the MQA file, the MQA lights go out!

Will you: MQA music I will be heavy this can not play the use of it?

The future will be how to solve it? I would like to ask you in the MQA is set to DSBL or ENBL

Thank you very much for Michal and mytek high quality and fast service!

Joe2016-05-10 22.11.47.jpg

???? 2016-05-10 ??10.13.18.png

It seems logical that when MQA is switched to DSBL there will be no MQA signal going out. If MQA is enabled (switched to ENBL) and there is no processing on the computer (volumechange, sample rate conversion or whatever) you will see the blue light (or green and not grey). So perhaps you should disable MQA when you switch off the Brooklyn to be able to start it without MQA and when it has started and the lock is on you can enable MQA for playing MQA albums.

Robert-Jan

Has anyone had a chance to listen to a Brooklyn compared to a Lampizator DAC? I had almost made up my mind on the Mytek, but then my lust after a Lampizator popped up again. I was thinking about the Euforia and just upsampling all my PCM to DSD in software since I'd only be using it from my PC.

Has anyone had a chance to listen to a Brooklyn compared to a Lampizator DAC? I had almost made up my mind on the Mytek, but then my lust after a Lampizator popped up again. I was thinking about the Euforia and just upsampling all my PCM to DSD in software since I'd only be using it from my PC.

I'd also be really interested to hear about this comparison. I recently had the opportunity to hear Edward's (eurodriver) T+A at Larry's (lmitche) house. DSD512 on a pure DSD circuit was a real revelation. The Brooklyn has really great sound...but not in the same league as what I heard that day. Personally I never listen to PCM anymore on my Brooklyn...everything is upsampled to DSD256 in HQplayer...so the DSD512 module on the Lamp Euforia looks like an interesting possibility...also cheaper and easier to get than the T+A in the US. What I would really like to hear is a T+A vs Euforia DSD512 shootout.

Robert

Shame you didn't get to compare pcm (even a quick five minute test) during your recent meet up. Would have been helpful for those interested in pcm performance of both dacs. Yes, some of us still exist ;)

Maybe Larry did, while he had the dac...DSD was the reason we were all interested in the T+A because it is chipless like the Lampi DSD products. I'm guessing PCM is probably very similar to the Brooklyn. Honestly once you have heard DSD256 done well I find there is no going back to PCM...but then again I'm a vinyl listener. That said DSD512 is a whole different animal...a major step forward on the T+A...at least from what we heard that day.

Robert

You could be right about pcm being similar on the Mytek and T&A, but forum feedback I've read hasn't been unanimously positive regarding the recently replaced, older T+A Dac 8. Guessing that pcm performance is roughly similar with the newer model?

Anyhow, listening to the Brooklyn now and it's sounding dynamic and exciting with pcm. No complaints so far..

No doubt DSD is better but requires more powerful hardware too. Should hopefully update my pc later this year.

You could be right about pcm being similar on the Mytek and T&A, but forum feedback I've read hasn't been unanimously positive regarding the recently replaced, older T+A Dac 8. Guessing that pcm performance is roughly similar with the newer model?

Anyhow, listening to the Brooklyn now and it's sounding dynamic and exciting with pcm. No complaints so far..

No doubt DSD is better but requires more powerful hardware too. Should hopefully update my pc later this year.

I'm upsampling to DSD256 with 5 to 10 year old multi-core macs...and a 3 year old multi-core windows machine that I bought recently for about $1000. However, when you upgrade go for a 4ghz i7 Skylake...that will get you all the way to DSD512 with no problem. The new T+A is an entirely different beast that the old one...but once again that's mainly because of the way it handles DSD.

Robert