IGNORED

Amarra SQ+

I recently subscribed to Qobuz and therefore am evaluating Amarra SQ, so far I like what I hear.

Now I wanted to purchase and suddenly I see there is SQ+ now for $20 more.

Additional features are a parametric EQ, and an "Audio Conditioner" option. I've just downloaded the trial as well, but was curious if anybody had any experience.

Is that to give your music more body and shine? :D

Probably gets rid of dandruff too.

Joke apart, this is the description:

Use Audio Conditioner to clarify ANY and ALL audio on your Mac

- Remove noise from any audio source

- Reduce 'listening fatigue'; improve clarity and understanding

- Optimize the sound of Skype, YouTube, gaming, sporting events, recorded/online lectures, old movies, and more...

- Customized presets for music, video, and voice

I don't like the fact that Amarra came up with a Sq + when they could have updated Sq with the new software . Just a money ploy by Amarra imo .

And guess what , Amarra Sq still doesn't work properly with Tidal .

I will pass on all Amarra software from now on and will purchase HQ player if they make their interface easier to use and support Alac files .

I will pass on all Amarra software from now on and will purchase HQ player if they make their interface easier to use and support Alac files .
Jussi explained why he is not going with ALAC, seem to be reasonable. Interface is easy if you will to get along with it.

P.s.: Free XLD is turning any format to good for HQP in seconds.

You can use this link to get the discontinued Tidal Mac app and works well with Amarra sQ:

http://wimp.no/wweb/resources/wimp_f....2.3.16-WW.dmg

Now I see people complaining them coming out with sQ+, instead of upgrading sQ. Well what about the new software that's coming out next month, Tidal + Amarra integrated software. I have a feeling it's not going to be a free upgrade. I'd hope they'd refund or apply the difference on sQ, since it technically doesn't work with the lossless stream on Chrome. So if you paid $29 and then had to pay again just to get software that works is unfair.

In fact, when you ask how to fix the Chrome Tidal problem, they tell you to try the 320 bit stream. Why would you want to downgrade to lossy in order to use a sound improvement program.

But with all this said, I'm am looking forward to the new integrated program. I got sQ for free since I was a long time Amarra user. And the Tidal Mac app works well but the interface is completely outdated. I've been temped to just use Tidal Chrome without sQ but it's missing the sweetness Amarra sQ gives everything.

Actually, both SQ+ and SQ work well with the Qobuz desktop app, once I've figured out how to set it up.

I'm currently evaluating both and will probably only keep SQ only, as the "Conditioner" seems to be more relevant for people often listening to spoken word and youtube stuff. For good recordings, the conditioner only makes things worse, and I don't use EQ (not out of principle, but w/o measurements I wouldn't know what to correct).

In any case, I'm also looking forward to A+ Qobuz integration.

My feeling is that the jump to SQ+ is most justified if you make use of the custom equalization.

The Audio Conditioner is useful, but IMO not sufficient in itself to warrant the upgrade. The EQ controls and flexibility definitely is a reason to upgrade if that is your intended use.

Both the SQ and SQ+ have been very solid products for me.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

My feeling is that the jump to SQ+ is most justified if you make use of the custom equalization.

The Audio Conditioner is useful, but IMO not sufficient in itself to warrant the upgrade. The EQ controls and flexibility definitely is a reason to upgrade if that is your intended use.

Both the SQ and SQ+ have been very solid products for me.

Hi All,

I wanted to jump in here to clarify some of the information presented in this thread.

Why we have Amarra sQ and Amarra sQ+. This is simply a matter of ease so users can select presets and then, through our graphic UI, adjust the sound based on their personal preferences. Amarra sQ is the perfect solution for ease of use and simplicity.

Amarra sQ+ is for those customers who do understand the details of using EQ and want the ability to ‘dial in’ EQ settings. In Amarra sQ+ we have also included the Audio Conditioner which removes background noise and improves clarity. It’s a great solution for use with Skype, YouTube, gaming apps, old movies, sporting events and more.

Note that Amarra sQ and Amarra sQ+ are generalized apps designed to be used with any streaming audio signal. We are aware of issues with the Chrome browser when used with Amarra sQ/sQ+ for TIDAL streaming music. To address this our upcoming Amarra for TIDAL application will bypass the Chrome browser for an integrated solution for the best possible music streaming.

Amarra for TIDAL was demonstrated at the recent Munich High End Show and The Newport Show. Amarra for TIDAL will be available initially available on Mac OSX and followed by a Windows version. For sales related questions, please send email to [email protected]

Best

ralph

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Hi All,

I wanted to jump in here to clarify some of the information presented in this thread.

Why we have Amarra sQ and Amarra sQ+. This is simply a matter of ease so users can select presets and then, through our graphic UI, adjust the sound based on their personal preferences. Amarra sQ is the perfect solution for ease of use and simplicity.

Amarra sQ+ is for those customers who do understand the details of using EQ and want the ability to ‘dial in’ EQ settings. In Amarra sQ+ we have also included the Audio Conditioner which removes background noise and improves clarity. It’s a great solution for use with Skype, YouTube, gaming apps, old movies, sporting events and more.

Note that Amarra sQ and Amarra sQ+ are generalized apps designed to be used with any streaming audio signal. We are aware of issues with the Chrome browser when used with Amarra sQ/sQ+ for TIDAL streaming music. To address this our upcoming Amarra for TIDAL application will bypass the Chrome browser for an integrated solution for the best possible music streaming.

Amarra for TIDAL was demonstrated at the recent Munich High End Show and The Newport Show. Amarra for TIDAL will be available initially available on Mac OSX and followed by a Windows version. For sales related questions, please send email to [email protected]

Best

ralph

Ralph,

thanks for the clarification. I'll probably end up buying SQ w/o EQ then.

Hi All,

Best

ralph

So to get Tidal to work properly , I will have to buy Amarra for Tidal instead of you folks fixing Amarra SQ ?

Is that really gonna be the case ?

Checked the website 39.95 !!

I'll PASS !!

I see the pattern . Amarra SQ , add additional features call it Amarra SQ+ , additional charge .

Tidal won't work that well with Amarra SQ , make an app call Amarra for Tidal and charge again .

I bought Amarra SQ because it was supposed to work well with Tidal .

It doesn't .

Maybe we will see Amarra for Tidal +

In another 6 months !

Hi All,

Best

ralph

Ralph,

is there any way to save my preferred output (DAC) within sQ? So, far, every time I launch the program, it reverts to built in output.

Best

ralph

So I'll most likely go the integrated route but I have a couple questions. Is there a fix coming any time soon for Chrome Tidal (HiFi) with sQ? Is there a discount for those who already have sQ and want to use the integrated one? It's now June, do you have an exact release date?

And good thing Tidal has a 30 day trial period. I thought all the sound trouble I was having their fault until I tried Chrome without sQ. After some searching I found the old Mac app and haven't had any real issues.

So I'll most likely go the integrated route but I have a couple questions. Is there a fix coming any time soon for Chrome Tidal (HiFi) with sQ? Is there a discount for those who already have sQ and want to use the integrated one? It's now June, do you have an exact release date?

And good thing Tidal has a 30 day trial period. I thought all the sound trouble I was having their fault until I tried Chrome without sQ. After some searching I found the old Mac app and haven't had any real issues.

+1

Tidal has just release a new desktop app for Mac and Windows. So far it works great with Amarra sQ and the interface is almost exactly like the Chrome browser. So I guess Amarra doesn't need to fix the other issue and can just say to use app. So I'd think only advantage on the new app will be sound quality. Take one less link out of the chain. Can have the integrate app go directly to Dac instead of Sounstream first.

Forgot to mention, the app is just in the Download section of the Menu when you go to http://www.Tidal.com