IGNORED

Audioquest Jitterbug vs Uptone Regen?

I are happy to chime in on Richard's comments to the T

the 2 x AQJB seems to amplify the improvement which the Supra + Amber brings

Amazing results with my tweaked mobo doing 16/44 to DSD 256 with HQ Player

just in time for the Bonn Audio Show October 3-4 where Geoffrey Armstrong is going to debut the Sound Galleries Munich 2015 Music Server :-)

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

I are happy to chime in on Richard's comments to the T

the 2 x AQJB seems to amplify the improvement which the Supra + Amber brings

Amazing results with my tweaked mobo doing 16/44 to DSD 256 with HQ Player

just in time for the Bonn Audio Show October 3-4 where Geoffrey Armstrong is going to debut the Sound Galleries Munich 2015 Music Server :-)

Hello EuroDriver,

?, enjoy the music,

Richard

If I am reading the other threads correctly, the Regen is designed to reduce noise and improve data on the Dac. The Jitterbug (from what little info there is) is designed to reduce noise on the USB bus of your computer feeding the Dac. You would thus think that they could actually work in tandem, where the Jitterbug could provide further enhancement.

Any thoughts?

I have not read this thread fully, so apologies if this has already been mentioned, but after reading this comparative review on AudioStream I decided to buy the Jitterbug (on a side note apparently it will take a few weeks before MusicDirect will ship).

I will start with the AudioQuest tool, also considering the small 50$ price tag and I will add eventually the Regen to verify also on my system what the Audiostream reviews reports like this about the combination of devices: "...the best results were delivered by combining the REGEN and JitterBug..."

Given the experiences posted by those who have both the Jitterbug and the REGEN, I was eager to try this combination myself in my main system (see sig). Unfortunately, I could not get it to work on a Vortexbox Appliance running Squeezelite. When I insert the Jitterbug in the chain, the player configuration menu in the Logitech Media Server (LMS) no longer shows the Benchmark DAC2 in the system, and of course there is no sound.

Hi everyone,

I experience the same thing, Regen Amber and AQJB on their own work fine, but in series my WS2012 can't see my dac. Does somebody has a workaround at hand?

System is WS2012 with JRMC19, upsampling to DSD128 via Miskas Asio Proxy to Lampi DSD only.

I also tried the original Lampi driver with native dsd files with no luck.

Doublechecked with W8.1 - again no sound.

@EuroDriver: Your Munich room was excellent, nice to hear it in Bonn again!

Consultant to Taiko Audio

I simply try to keep one foot planted in each camp. I tested JPLAY + Fidelizer. No big change. Read Archimagos measurements which confirm no change in freq. response. I'm curious if folks feel freq. response or jitter measurements matter anymore. Obviously you have some starting; one doesn't go and buy "high jitter DAC". So we are deferring to science and measurements when we build our systems but I find it interesting where we stop using or asking for some data as at least a signpost. It's a little vague to say better impedance and lower jitter when you can actually measure these things. No? I did not know there is a return period. Great. I would like to try and see if a better clock can improve the master clock in an async USB implementation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"JRMC19" & "Archimago", 2 keywords explain everything you said.

Archimago's tests are like child's play, they represent nothing. If he can come up with something like TotalDac's:

http://www.totaldac.com/D1-digital-eng.htm

would be more convincing...

But if you have been truly honest about you can't really hear a difference, I think it could be the "Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)" that you are using, which is an interesting option to isolate noise and some useful applications, would try it in future.

I tried a Jitterbug in combo with a Regen. Even after two days burning in (more for the Regen), the Jitterbug didn't have a wholly positive effect for my system.

The sound was a little warmer and images were more boldly defined, but at the cost of fine atmospheric detail. I prefer my system with the Regen and without the Jitterbug.

I tried the Jitterbug in line with my usb cable and also tried it on different empty usb ports on my Mac Mini.

I didn't find the Jitterbug helpful in combination with the Regen, at least in my config, which already includes LH Labs split USB cable and their LPS - maybe too much of a "good" thing?

I wound up putting the Jitterbug in the 2nd USB port (i.e., attached to / in line with nothing) and imagine I can hear *some* small difference - if not, there's certainly no diminution of sound in this configuration, and it gives me a place to to store the Jitterbug ;)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

In a Macbook Air which only has 2 USB ports (one for the DAC and the other to the hard disk ) where you put the AQ Jiterbug ?

Listen and compare. You'll probably end up putting one in each.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Has anyone had problems with the Jitterbug messing up their USB drivers ? I am not 100% sur of what is going on, but when I plug it on a spare port of my Cubox, after a short while my DAC (connected through the Regen on the other USB port)stops being recognized by the Cubox and the sound card is no longer detected... Really weird... Am afraid to perform more tests...