IGNORED

Any audiophiles here into Electronica

I am keen to see if there are any electronica fans on this forum, if so would love to start a thread on well recorded electronica music. Artists such as Burial, Apex Twin, Boards of Canada would certainly fit this mold. I assume audiophiles who listen to these genres are the exception rather than the norm but was keen to throw it out there.

Mac Mini 2012 SSD 8 GB Ram running Audirvana 2.1 > Music Library - Firewire 800 Lacie Rugged 2 TB External HDD > IFi iUsb > Gemini and Mercury Digital Cables > Lampizator Big 5 Dueland Cast Caps > New Audio Frontiers Supreme Special Edition 300b Integrated Amp > Bastanis Matterhorn Speakers > Antipodes Komako Speaker Cables and Interconnects > Home made power cords with Furutech sockets and IEC Connectors > Primacoustic Absorption panels

Blake is big into that; I like some of it. Was just listening to "old-timey" electronica (Laurie Anderson) this afternoon.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I am keen to see if there are any electronica fans on this forum, if so would love to start a thread on well recorded electronica music. Artists such as Burial, Apex Twin, Boards of Canada would certainly fit this mold. I assume audiophiles who listen to these genres are the exception rather than the norm but was keen to throw it out there.

Yes. Moby, Daft Punk, AIR, etc etc

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Good stuff keep it coming. Son Lux, Mount Kimbie, Benga, Massive attack also great stuff. John darko from digital audio review is a big fan and has a few good threads on very well recorded EDM.

Mac Mini 2012 SSD 8 GB Ram running Audirvana 2.1 > Music Library - Firewire 800 Lacie Rugged 2 TB External HDD > IFi iUsb > Gemini and Mercury Digital Cables > Lampizator Big 5 Dueland Cast Caps > New Audio Frontiers Supreme Special Edition 300b Integrated Amp > Bastanis Matterhorn Speakers > Antipodes Komako Speaker Cables and Interconnects > Home made power cords with Furutech sockets and IEC Connectors > Primacoustic Absorption panels

Infected Mushroom. Great for testing dynamics of a system.

Burial! Excellent choice. If you like Burial, you should also check out Broadway Project, and my personal favorite, Murcof.

I love electronic music and it's absolutely compatible with being an audiophile.

Yello is of course a big one, although I think their earlier records weren't great production quality but everything since Pocket Universe is top notch...

Some more audiophile-quality artists: Vector Lovers, Monolake, Lorn.

g-audio thanks for the suggestion :) I often wondered where when many audiophiles strive for an analog sound how digital music factors among us. Jon Hopkins - immunity is a great album. Both James Blake albums are excellent.

Monolake is a great choice :)

Younger Brother - Flock of bleeps

Phutureprimitive - Subconscious

Microfilm - Journey to the 75th.

Carbon based Lifeforms - Interloper

PS Audio DirectStream DSD Bridge -> Classe CA-2200 - >B&W 803-D2, Nordost Tyr cabled. Synology NAS, MinimServer, BubbleDS.

Tiësto

Armin van Buuren

Nicky Romero

Ferry Corsten

Afrojack

Martin Garrix

Hardwell

Fedde le Grand

Showtek

Sander van Doorn

Dash Berlin

Headhunterz

Oliver Heldens

Ryan Marciano

Sunnery James

Yellow Claw

To name a few Dutchies.

Other enjoyable EDM artists:

Deadmau5

David Guetta

Steve Aoki

Calvin Harris

Paul van Dyk

Kaskade

BT

Above & Beyond

DJ Ram

To start....

Cheers

Orbital

Leftfield

Chemical Brothers

Prodigy

Portishead

Schpongle

Sohn

Flume

Carl Cox

SBTRKT

XXYYXX

Bonobo

Vex'd

Noisia

Kosheen

Goldfrapp

Orbital

Leftfield

Chemical Brothers

Prodigy

Portishead

Schpongle

Sohn

Flume

Carl Cox

SBTRKT

XXYYXX

Bonobo

Vex'd

Noisia

Kosheen

Goldfrapp

Excellent choice, here are my suggestions:

Ah! kosmos

Actress

Andy Stott

Ben Frost

Brian Eno

Caribou

Christian Loeffler

Darkside

Dillon

DJ Koze

Extrawelt

Flying Lotus

Four Tet

Laurel Halo

Lorn

John Talabot

Machinedrum

Matthew Dear

Martyn

Moderat

Modeselektor

Mount Kimbie

Nicholas Jaar

Oneohtrix Point Never

Pantha du Prince

Robag Whrume

Shackleton

Stubborn Heart

Tim Hecker

Untold

Valentin stip

Zomby

Hello there

Great thread.

I am more into the laid back stuff, Massive Attack, Portishead, Moby, Zero 7 and some Everything But the Girl can fall into this as well.

An Electronica thread would be a great idea, and a great way to find new artist that you don't know.

You will find that people on here listen to a wide a varied types of music. I know a lot of people think audiophiles only listen to Jazz and classical, and 70's prog rock but its not the case, most are music lovers of many types.

Cheers Frank

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> White Bird Amplification VIRTUS-01> Sennheiser HD650 headphones

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> Cyrus 6VS> Dali Zensor 1

HTRK - Psychic 9-5 club

Thievery Corporation - I love all their albums

Baths - Obsidian

Biome - Lost Dubs

Boards of Canada - Geogaddi

Caribou - Our Love

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Dylan Stark - Heartland

Efterklang - Pirimida

Emika - DVA

FKA Twigs - LP1

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

Hanz Zimmer - Interstella

Rustie - Glass Swords

Magnetic Man

The Knife - Deep Cuts

The XX

Tipper - Forward Escape

Chase and Status - No more Idols

Zomby - With Love

Alt - J - An awesome wave

So much good stuff around :)

Great thread. This is primarily what I listen to. Many of my favorites have already been named.

A few more:

Actress

Clark

Fennesz

Dntel

The Field

Gas

The Haxan Cloak

Holden

Jurgen Muller

Loscil

Pantha du Prince

Windy and Carl

Kiwicol -- I'm surprised that you like electronic music, but use a tube dac. I've been thinking about adding a tube to my system (perhaps a dac or preamp) but have been concerned that electronic music will lose detail, particularly in the bass. What has your experience been?

Ah yes, forgot about all the tasty lounge. All the Hôtel Costes stuff by Stéphane Pompougnac

Kruder & Dorfmeister

St. Germain

Morcheeba

Era

Cafe del Mar stuff

Punta del Este stuff

Buddha Bar stuff

Supperclub stuff

So much goodness...

Great thread. This is primarily what I listen to. Many of my favorites have already been named.

A few more:

Actress

Clark

Fennesz

Dntel

The Field

Gas

The Haxan Cloak

Holden

Jurgen Muller

Loscil

Pantha du Prince

Windy and Carl

Kiwicol -- I'm surprised that you like electronic music, but use a tube dac. I've been thinking about adding a tube to my system (perhaps a dac or preamp) but have been concerned that electronic music will lose detail, particularly in the bass. What has your experience been?

You are spot on it has been a challenge to combine my love of tubes with electronic music. It boiled down to the right amp design. The naf is push pull dual mono with huge dynamics coupled with 100 db efficient speakers. Tube warmth without the woolly bass.