IGNORED

Any audiophiles here into Electronica

@ Distinctive: If you like those things, probably you also like the Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble:

Thanks, Lightstream - This was something refreshing and new!

Cool minimalism beat :)

Could be evolving a bit further though, e.g. into broken beat.

It reminds me a little of Zen funk which I like a lot:

Do yourselves a favor and check this clip out. I have all Nik's albums and their live performances are awesome.

The energy and timing are out of this world!

Thank you for posting Nik Bärtsch. He's really great, though I wouldn't regard him – and not Brandt Brauer Frick either – as typical electronica-artists. ;-)

100 % electronica and close to the recently mentioned style is Akufen from Canada. Maybe he was already mentioned here. His album "My way" is something really special. This track is called "Installation":

Go where you feel most alive.

@ Distinctive: If you like those things, probably you also like the Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble:

Never heard this before. Love the jazzy piano chords, gives a nice & warm deep house feel. Unique video too. Thanks for posting!

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers

+1: dig the Frick!

On a very different note, this is has been one of my favourite pieces of downbeat electronica:

Baxter Dury's Len's Memorial Lift. 'Beneath the Underdog'

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

I am keen to see if there are any electronica fans on this forum, if so would love to start a thread on well recorded electronica music. Artists such as Burial, Apex Twin, Boards of Canada would certainly fit this mold. I assume audiophiles who listen to these genres are the exception rather than the norm but was keen to throw it out there.

How about PAN AMERICAN with their album Quiet City? The track I like best is "Hey Volk":

… and all the stuff of Carbon Based Lifeforms:

…and not to forget LOSCIL:

Go where you feel most alive.

• 4 weeks later...
Inch time, Applescal, Submotion Orchestra

Thanks for the suggestion of Inch Time - streaming on Tidal now and enjoying it. I recently purchased some Scann-Tec and I Awake, which I found indirectly by following up on other suggestions here. I also purchased the most recent two albums by Danny McCaslin though that is Jazz/electronica fusion...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Martin Gore: MG

Love it!

True return to form, you can detect Martin's synth work and chord progressions as well as his melodies just like in some of Depeche's finest works.

I was a bit apprehensive after hearing VCMG, his collaboration with Vince, and which has a more 'techno' bent, but which doesn't sound so good although I am a big fan of both.

Just hearing the first preview of Europa Hymn was fantastic. A bit reminiscent of the work done on "Agent Orange" in 'Music For The Masses'.

Fantastic.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I particularly Air "10,000Hz Legend" both musically and as demo/show off material. "Sex Born Poison" pushes the soundstage well beyond the left and right speakers and "Caramel" Prisoner" shows off the ability of the system to be both delicate and powerful at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Nvidia ION running JRiver 21 on Win 7

- USB to Firestone Audio Bravo USB to SPDIF Converter. Optical to miniDSP NanoDigi eq/crossover. SPDIF to 2 Cambridge Audio DacMagics. Analogue to Audio Refinement Pre-5 to 2 M&K V-75 powered subwoofers & Audio Refinement Multi-2 power amp to Focal Chorus 716s.

- Intel NUC on Win 10 as JRiver 21 DLNA renderer. USB to Breeze Audio DU-U8 USB to SPDIF converter. SPDIF to Anthem MRX-520. Mirage OMD-5: left, right & surrounds. Mirage OMD-C1: center. SVS-SB-2000: subwoofer.

- Raspberry Pi2 with HifiBerry Dac+Pro on Volumio DLNA renderer to Rega Mira 3 to Dali Zensor 1s.

- Raspberry Pi2 with HifiBerry Dac+Standard on Volumio DLNA renderer to NAD 312 to PSB Alphas.

I particularly Air "10,000Hz Legend" both musically and as demo/show off material. "Sex Born Poison" pushes the soundstage well beyond the left and right speakers and "Caramel" Prisoner" shows off the ability of the system to be both delicate and powerful at the same time.

Thank you for your suggestion: it's a very good album!

MacBook Pro with Audirvana - Qobuz Studio

M2Tech Young DSD MKIII - PSU M2Tech Van Der Graaf MKII

Cambridge Audio Edge A

Harbeth C7ES-3

PS Audio Powerplant Stelllar P3