IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Thanks, I have the same settings. I can play one frequency/bitdepth without issue but once it switches I can't get anything else to play, even after power cycling. Pretty confusing at this point since people seem to have had success with all these UAC2 devices.

Has anyone else tried to make this work with the Wavelink HS?

I am using the Pi2 as a UPnP renderer, pushing the music to it with JRiver. I should mention that.

It works well. I haven't tried Moode as the server.

Can you determine that it is a problem with the software, and not an issue with the Wavelink that somehow makes it incompatible with the Pi's?

Can you get Moode to properly resample everything to 16/44.1? See if you can get that working, both HD and 16/44.1 to determine it isn't an issue with the files coming int the Pi.

---Michael

Server ---> Rpi ---> Audiophilleo2 ---> Metrum Octave ---> Audio Horizons Pre ---> Pass Labs XA30.5 ---> Sonus Faber Liuto Towers

Computer ---> Audio Hardware ---> Air ---> Ears ---> Brain

Tim,

Could you share a little bit more info about MoodeOS and it's purpose? Is it going to replace Moode?

You were asking for ideas: It would be good to introduce resampling to DSD but I'm not sure if Raspberry 2 or 3 processor can handle it...

Tim,

Could you share a little bit more info about MoodeOS and it's purpose? Is it going to replace Moode?

You were asking for ideas: It would be good to introduce resampling to DSD but I'm not sure if Raspberry 2 or 3 processor can handle it...

Hi,

moodeOS is new operating system platform for Moode Audio Player based on Raspbian Jessie-Lite (J-Lite). The goals for moodeOS are stability, security, performance, maintability and DIY friendly.

So far its looking solid :-)

-Tim

Sorry, this info is probably on here somewhere, but I cant find it.

Does the RPI facilitate streaming directly from an external HDD that is plugged into one of its USB ports or does it take the data from the HDD into its internal memory before streaming it?

Sorry, this info is probably on here somewhere, but I cant find it.

Does the RPI facilitate streaming directly from an external HDD that is plugged into one of its USB ports or does it take the data from the HDD into its internal memory before streaming it?

Hi,

Not exactly sure what you mean by "streaming" but Moode does not support RAM Play where an entire song file is read into memory prior to play back. Moode just uses standard MPD audio buffer which stores a small portion of song file in memory as its being played.

Yes, USB attached HDD is supported, and virtually all I-O including disk I-O in operating system is buffered into memory.

-Tim

Hi,

Not exactly sure what you mean by "streaming" but Moode does not support RAM Play where an entire song file is read into memory prior to play back. Moode just uses standard MPD audio buffer which stores a small portion of song file in memory as its being played.

Yes, USB attached HDD is supported, and virtually all I-O including disk I-O in operating system is buffered into memory.

-Tim

Thanks Tim, you have answered my question - that the RPI takes a small amount of the track into its memory which it then streams. Are there any (audible) downsides to making the buffer larger so it always has a surplus of data to stream.

Thanks Tim, you have answered my question - that the RPI takes a small amount of the track into its memory which it then streams. Are there any (audible) downsides to making the buffer larger so it always has a surplus of data to stream.

Hi,

I just leave buffer settings at default values and have not experienced any issues or audio glitches.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

just a quick question around the expansion of SDCARD. I have tried several different cards, and when I click on this option, I have no idea whether the card is expanded or not as the button always reverts back to its original setting.

Any ideas around this?

Thanks and Regards

Mark

Hi Tim,

just a quick question around the expansion of SDCARD. I have tried several different cards, and when I click on this option, I have no idea whether the card is expanded or not as the button always reverts back to its original setting.

Any ideas around this?

Thanks and Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

SD Card expansion is a one time operation, although it can be repeated with no adverse effect, so the button returns to its "No" setting.

U can ssh root@moode (pwd=moode) and run the command fdisk -l. It will show the size of the root partition.

-Tim

Hi Tim

Hard work in progress ! I can't see what will really be the output but I am pretty sure you have a clear target in mind.

In regards of new functionalities, not a lot things to propose since I am really happy so far. I would only suggest to change the Library tab to ease songs selection having in mind the Pane view in Foobar or Jriver. One could choose how many columns to display (1 to 5 max for instance) and choose which field to be displayed in each column (Style, Year, Album artist, Album, Rating ...). By choosing values in each column (one ore many values, or none i.e. All), a list of songs sorted by Artist and Album would be displayed. All or one songs would then be the new Playlist.

Honnestly, to me, this is the only missing functionnality.

Hope you will hear my request And feel free to ask for more inputs if needed.

Regards

Phil

GentooPlayer (Roon+HQPlayer) ==> exaSound Gamma+e68 ==> Audiophonics Eigentakt / Accuphase A46 / Audiophonics Eigentakt ==> Jensen Supravox / Arai Radian / Fostex

Installed 2.5 on RPi2 and now am listening to NPR All Songs 24/7 stream - sounds good. I am using a Schiit Modi usb dac and an Edimax EW-781Un Wifi usb dongle.

I had a few problems to overcome:

1. Had to rename my router ssid to remove spaces between words (also removed # charachter from password)

2. Always have to refer to RPi by IP address browser did not recognize "moode"

3. Have to resample if no resampling just get static

4. Copying files to \\moode\usb is really slow

On another board it was suggested running off a powerbank and edit the asound.conf file to bypasses the volume mixer for even better sound.

Next, I would love to be able to stream Spotify premium.

Installed 2.5 on RPi2 and now am listening to NPR All Songs 24/7 stream - sounds good. I am using a Schiit Modi usb dac and an Edimax EW-781Un Wifi usb dongle.

I had a few problems to overcome:

1. Had to rename my router ssid to remove spaces between words (also removed # charachter from password)

2. Always have to refer to RPi by IP address browser did not recognize "moode"

3. Have to resample if no resampling just get static

4. Copying files to \\moode\usb is really slow

On another board it was suggested running off a powerbank and edit the asound.conf file to bypasses the volume mixer for even better sound.

Next, I would love to be able to stream Spotify premium.

Hi,

#2 try http://moode.local.'>http://moode.local. If this does not work then Router DHCP is (a) not allowing IP multicast which mDNS (.local) requires and (b) not automatically updating its DNS with host name moode which would allow http://moode.

#3 Try the USB (UAC2) fix listed under PLAYER FIXES at moodeaudio.org

"edit the asound.conf file to bypasses the volume mixer for even better sound"

- MPD config screen allows Volume control = "disabled" setting if u want to use an external analog or digital volume control.

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

moodeOS Milestone #3 is complete. All components including core and non-core installed and configured. Moode Audio Player working perfectly so far on custom J-Lite. Performance is outstanding :-)

moodeOS is based on most recent 2016-03-18 J-Lite (4.1.19 Linux kernel). It includes custom compiled components and stock components at their latest releases under Jessie. Many of the new component releases required configuration changes and changes to Moode software. Looking ahead to Milestone #4, the focus will be on optimization, evaluating replacement components, additional code changes to take advantage of certain features in J-Lite and stress testing for stability and robustness.

When complete, moodeOS will provide a solid, forward-looking OS platform for running Moode Audio Player, fully support the entire family of Raspberry Pi boards from Pi-0 through latest Pi-3, and offer a familiar configuration to Raspbian community making it easy to DIY :-)

Regards,

Tim

moodeos-logotype-v1-black.png

moodeos10-about.png

moodeos10-ssh.png

Hi all,

Can I Install MoodeOS on Raspberry Pi 3 ? Works fine?

Hi,

Moode 2.6 + moodeOS 1.0 full support for Pi-3

Current Moode 2.5 and its underlying OS do not support Pi-3, however user created a Pi-3 compatible image based on kernel transplant procedure I provided. Refer to diyAudio post below

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi - Page 219 - diyAudio

-Tim