IGNORED

Lampizator Big 7 has landed

Lampizator may be waiting to list the Golden Atlantic until it's formally launched.

I received a quote later yesterday! Thanks go out to Kris in PL and Rob in USA. Others had ordered and there was a rumor from the top at Lampi that prices would be up on the website at the beginning of last week.

A fully loaded Golden puts the price in a league with some serious competition! It makes the decision to go with one blind (or deaf, as the case may be - never having heard one) a lot more difficult. [emoji13] My sailboat needs some work this season, too. [emoji41] First world problems.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I just wanted to point out that there might not be a reason to seek out only the double mica 5R4GY. I have an Atlantic Plus and a Brimar 5R4GY with double mica, ceramic spacers, 3-rib gray anodes, and double disk getters. I also have an RCA WWII JAN 5R4GY, and I like it more for its richer presentation.

When I look at ebay, there are usually a few of these for sale. Best of luck with your search. By the way, the Soviet 5C3S that came with my Atlantic sounded quite good.

Thanks for your impressions on the different recti tubes. I would love to hear an Atlantic. Where are you located?

Thanks for your impressions on the different recti tubes. I would love to hear an Atlantic. Where are you located?

I'm in the UK if that's of any use

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

I live in a suburb of Lansing, MI. PM if you are interested in visiting. One word of warning, though --- I'm not much of an audiophile. My amps and speakers are about 25 years old and will have to break before I even think of replacing them. But if you want to listen to some music, you are welcome.

I bought my Atlantic via Rob at Lampizator NA. He was very helpful, and I recommend them highly.

Anyone else using JRiver? Seems I've got it correctly configured with the Atlantic:

When playing DSD DIFF files (extracted from an SACD ISO file) JRiver

displays:

Audio Path: Direct

Input DSD 2.8 Mhz 1bit 2ch from source format DIFF

Changes: No changes are being made

Output: DSD 2.8 Mhz 1bit 2ch using ASIO (bitstreaming)

When playing SACD ISO files JRiver displays:

Audio Path: DirectInput DSD 2.8 Mhz 1 bit 2 ch from source format SACD

Changes: No changes are being made

Output: DSD 2.8 Mhz 1bit 2ch using ASIO (bitstreaming)

JRiver Settings:

Audio Device: Combo384 ASIO 1.03 [ASIO] (the other choice is Digital Output (Amanero Technologies USB Driver 1.0.57 [WASAPI])

Bitstreaming: Yes (DSD)

TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 60th Ann. (*2), Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-3, LCD-4
Mobile: AK240, Shure 846
Thanks for the generous offer! I've been looking for other folks to meet in the area.

I should have known to contact Rob first. Seems all of the Lampi people are solid.

I live in Philly, long time LampizatOr fan (owned 3 dacs) and now own the Atlantic - it's special. If you're in the area let me know, we can have a jam session.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

Thanks, sounds like it would be fun! Thankfully, ronfint has also offered and is only an hour drive. I sure would enjoy a real Philly cheese steak right about now!

Jim's, Pat's and Geno's are waiting for you, though a true Philly sandwich is a roast pork from John's or DiNic's Roast Pork.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

I received a quote later yesterday! Thanks go out to Kris in PL and Rob in USA. Others had ordered and there was a rumor from the top at Lampi that prices would be up on the website at the beginning of last week.

Did you get the quote for a Golden Atlantic? Can you share a ballpark figure on the price?

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Yes, I received the quote for a Golden Atlantic. Reports are that it is a big step up from the standard, and it should be as the price is also a step up! I spec'd balanced, PCM and DSD512 modules, tube recti, no volume control, all the superclocks, upgraded caps, etc., as listed on the Facebook page. It comes in at ~€10K. (Plus shipping and VAT if required)

Thanks Solstice380. Congratulations on a fantastic DAC!

I am guessing the SE version would be about ~€8K

Your guess is good more less ;-)

If you want the prices Nikhil, call me and I will tell you more. I dont think I should post the prices here before Lukasz does it officialy but I have all options listed by him since last week.

He is now all over his speaker project so I guess this is the cause of delay on Golden Atlantic.

Also Lukasz told me that bigger batch of copper cases will be ready on Jan 30th. I am guessing this is also why he is not in a hurry.

OK so I am listening to my Golden Atlantic for a week now and I must say that it is REALLY good but it does take time to burn in, I feel its still not done at around 110 hours.

The refinement of the sound is unquestionable so it really is fluid but also very alive and has nice slam with micro details.

Blind test on my wife was a success ;-) She said that it sounds better right after first listen and she really does not care about my audio. She asked what did I change not knowing that I did anything at all.

So yes, there is a difference.

I will try to write more soon.

First, a very big thanks to Ron for graciously allowing me to come listen to his standard Atlantic. Great person, lovely home and a very musical system. All tooooobs! I thought the music was very engaging, soundstage depth was there and the music from his system was lively and pretty neutral. He thinks there is maybe a little too much bass, but I didn't really feel that - but I love a good bottom...end! He attributes a good part of the sound to the Atlantic, and his previous DAC was no slouch (sorry I don't remember what it was.) I should add that most of his digital music he ripped from LP and is using the ADC in his prior unit to do that. He's done really well getting great sound from his LP rips!

Unfortunately, we were not able to wrestle his MacBook Pro into feeding my McIntosh D150. 2 guys with advanced university degrees in mathematics and engineering looking at each other, dumbfounded! We tried every combo of Audirvana, JRiver, and even iTunes. Different power up and reboot sequences, etc. I ran the D150 from a Mac Mini for a while before I Bootcamped it to use as a Win 10 / ASIO NAA but that was 2 years ago. You Mac / OS X guys have forgotten more than I ever knew. We didn't want to brick his MacBook or mess up his fine NAS / MBP / Lampi setup. Good news is that we didn't blow anything up! C'est la vie! We enjoyed the music and traded "small world" stories.

At this point I am still undecided about the Golden. For the same feature specs, the GA is ~€3000 more than the standard. Can the GA be that much "more better"? For the difference, I can buy a Holo Spring KTE, also. Or almost a T+A DAC 8 DSD. Hmmmm, good dilemma to have! Thanks to all for the info and insights you have shared. I'll keep everyone updated which direction I go.

First, a very big thanks to Ron for graciously allowing me to come listen to his standard Atlantic.

Thanks to Jay for his kind comments. It was a pleasure to have him visit.

This is probably not the right place for the following comment, but as long as Jay mentioned digitizing LPs, I'd like to put in a plug for the Metric Halo ULN-8, which is a fantastic tool for that job. It plus Izotope RX 5 (I probably should write 'n') Advanced are more or less all one needs to get really good results transferring vinyl to digital.

First, a very big thanks to Ron for graciously allowing me to come listen to his standard Atlantic. Great person, lovely home and a very musical system. All tooooobs! I thought the music was very engaging, soundstage depth was there and the music from his system was lively and pretty neutral. He thinks there is maybe a little too much bass, but I didn't really feel that - but I love a good bottom...end! He attributes a good part of the sound to the Atlantic, and his previous DAC was no slouch (sorry I don't remember what it was.) I should add that most of his digital music he ripped from LP and is using the ADC in his prior unit to do that. He's done really well getting great sound from his LP rips!

Unfortunately, we were not able to wrestle his MacBook Pro into feeding my McIntosh D150. 2 guys with advanced university degrees in mathematics and engineering looking at each other, dumbfounded! We tried every combo of Audirvana, JRiver, and even iTunes. Different power up and reboot sequences, etc. I ran the D150 from a Mac Mini for a while before I Bootcamped it to use as a Win 10 / ASIO NAA but that was 2 years ago. You Mac / OS X guys have forgotten more than I ever knew. We didn't want to brick his MacBook or mess up his fine NAS / MBP / Lampi setup. Good news is that we didn't blow anything up! C'est la vie! We enjoyed the music and traded "small world" stories.

At this point I am still undecided about the Golden. For the same feature specs, the GA is ~€3000 more than the standard. Can the GA be that much "more better"? For the difference, I can buy a Holo Spring KTE, also. Or almost a T+A DAC 8 DSD. Hmmmm, good dilemma to have! Thanks to all for the info and insights you have shared. I'll keep everyone updated which direction I go.

Hi

For me the difference between Golden Atlantic and Atlantic is more obvious then Golden Gate and Big 7.

I am writing this after one week of using Golden Atlantic.

Hope this helps you out.

System to compare the GG vs B7 (Both balanced + identical tubes: EML 5u4g mesh + KR 45) was:

Accuphase A70 + Accuphase C2800 + Dynaudio C4 Signature (factory stock).

System to compare GA vs A (Both SE + identical tubes: stock 4P1L + KR Lampi limited 5u4g) was:

Line Magnetix 219IA + Dynaudio Focus 360 (not stock XOs on Path Audio resistors + Mundorf Supreme Caps + Jupiter internal wiring)

For the record LM amp had upgraded tubes (Mullard ECC83 + OTK 10J12S(310A) + KR 300B + Psvane WE 845)

Good luck!

Winson, did you hear the difference between standalone DSD x256 module vs standalone DSD x512 module?

I did hear the diff between the R2R dsd256 in the Atlantic plus and the separate DSD512 engine playing natively. The 512 trounced the R2R DSD engine...much better!

I'm always wary when people say "trounced" when describing audio at this level. I'd be more inclined to believe "subtle difference in certain areas". New to this forum, but been on various audio forums for a very long time. Sorry to be skeptical. Perhaps there are issues with the DSD256 engine, as I'm doubtful the human ear can hear the difference between a DSD256 and a DSD512 music file.

I definitely noticed differences between my existing McIntosh D100 DAC and the Atlantic, and even though I much prefer the sound of the Atlantic I'm not sure I would use the word "trounced" (even though the Atlantic is 3* the cost of the D100).

TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 60th Ann. (*2), Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-3, LCD-4

Well, in some systems the difference can be pretty obvious. I saw that especially when we had different DACs on different inputs and were playing the same piece from the same second (as much as possible) and switched between sources to see the difference.

I also hear an instant difference between R2R PCM based DSD and standalone DSD x256/x512.

The only difference I don't hear is between standalone x256 and x512, but this can be due to these two being identical.

Computing power is what is different between these two.

I'm always wary when people say "trounced" when describing audio at this level. I'd be more inclined to believe "subtle difference in certain areas". New to this forum, but been on various audio forums for a very long time. Sorry to be skeptical. Perhaps there are issues with the DSD256 engine, as I'm doubtful the human ear can hear the difference between a DSD256 and a DSD512 music file.

I definitely noticed differences between my existing McIntosh D100 DAC and the Atlantic, and even though I much prefer the sound of the Atlantic I'm not sure I would use the word "trounced" (even though the Atlantic is 3* the cost of the D100).

I would not believe it myself, but 4 of us agreed, though it went against me own expectations.

The separate engine is just that much better, we could blind select it. Christoph can confirm

Well, in some systems the difference can be pretty obvious. I saw that especially when we had different DACs on different inputs and were playing the same piece from the same second (as much as possible) and switched between sources to see the difference.

I also hear an instant difference between R2R PCM based DSD and standalone DSD x256/x512.

The only difference I don't hear is between standalone x256 and x512, but this can be due to these two being identical.

Computing power is what is different between these two.

My preamp accepts multiple inputs, so I was doing the same when comparing the Atlantic to the D100. With the press of a button on the preamp remote I could switch between the two. It's easier to identify the differences then. I also had my turntable plugged into a third input playing the same music (but obviously on vinyl).

I don't do any upsampling. If playing a PCM file I allow it to bitstream to the DAC to play as PCM. My DSD files are SACD rips and are all DSD64. Are you guys upsampling? As I understand it there aren't many native DSD512 sources. I've tried upsampling, and it does sound "different", but I tend to prefer the native format.