IGNORED

Lampizator Big 7 has landed

How does the EML 5U4G mesh compare to the EML 274B mesh?

I have the latter but I prefer the Haltron 5R4GY over it.

The standard Atlantic recti is not bad, but the two above are both better by quite a margin.

Well the 274B mesh I had in Big 5 and never felt like making a comparison. The 5U4G mesh I had in Big 7.

The Haltron for me generated slow presentation with less air but we all know how system dependable this is...

I am not sure what am I going to get with the Golden Atlantic from Lukasz but I will report after weekend.

I hope there will be a choice as I usually had when collecting my Lampis...

What do you mean by standard Atlantic rectifier?

Well the 274B mesh I had in Big 5 and never felt like making a comparison. The 5U4G mesh I had in Big 7.

The Haltron for me generated slow presentation with less air but we all know how system dependable this is...

I am not sure what am I going to get with the Golden Atlantic from Lukasz but I will report after weekend.

I hope there will be a choice as I usually had when collecting my Lampis...

What do you mean by standard Atlantic rectifier?

Standard recti is a Russian one. Not bad but bit of a treble cut was the consensus.

Recti in Atlantic circuit not same as in B7/GG.

Rikard,

Lets wait and see what the Golden does vs maxed out Atlantic with tube recti.

A friend of mine has Atlantic balanced with tube recti. My plan is to compare them both after they settle with idetical set of tubes.

To make it right I am going to need a few guys that are very down to earth and dont fall for jewlery ;-)

Also your Atlantic just needs to get tube recti to be maxed. You already have clocks upgrade covered.

From experience comparing the GG to Big 7 my cocnlusion is that ofcourse GG is more refined but you need one hell of a system to justify this extra expense.

On the other hand nobody with bad system gets a DAC that buys you a car right? :-)

Beauty of the Lampi owner situation is that you can upgrade step by step so no need to spend ton of cash at first shot.

Sorry, but separate DSD512 engine for me is a must. it destroys the r2R DSD. Once you hear it at any DSD rate, you can't go back.

While I'm waiting for my rectified Atlantic to be delivered. I'm getting antsy because my old dac crapped out on me.

I've been wondering if any Lampizator owners have experimented with rectifier tube rolling? It appears there are many types of tubes that can be tried as opposed to the heater tubes.

If you've experimented with rolling or have some thoughts or ideas on it I'd appreciate you sharing.

Thanks

Atlantic DAC - Incoming - Page 24

Guys - I'm going to be honest...if we start with the whole tube rolling thing with the Atlantic DAC, we are guaranteed to scare many people away. If people want to roll tubes, Lampi offers many other options. The Atlantic DAC is meant to be a complete turn key solution at a price point that will attract first time Lampi buyers. If we start with "try this tube, try that tube", they will roll their eyes on move on. Trust me.

But, it's a free world...just giving my two cents.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Guys - I'm going to be honest...if we start with the whole tube rolling thing with the Atlantic DAC, we are guaranteed to scare many people away. If people want to roll tubes, Lampi offers many other options. The Atlantic DAC is meant to be a complete turn key solution at a price point that will attract first time Lampi buyers. If we start with "try this tube, try that tube", they will roll their eyes on move on. Trust me.

But, it's a free world...just giving my two cents.

T-ram

I hear ya. The only reason I bring this up is because in the Atlantic manual on line it discusses that there is no need to roll any tube but if you wanted to you could roll the rectifier tube. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried it.

Hi Miszny

I "thought" the EML 274B mesh has to be better than the Haltron, so I stuck the EML when I took the Atlantic to a firend for a demo. I wanted to show the Atlantic as good as possible.

After 2 days, I wanted the EML back and brought my friend the original 5Y3 and the Haltron 5R4GY. We inserted the original 5Y3 and like expected, it was no contest at all, the EML mesh being better in every aspect, but when we inserted the Haltron, we listened for maybe 10 seconds and then stared at each other, being quite shocked as we both thought that the haltron sounded even better than the EML. Logically we re-inserted the EML and yes, we both preferred the Haltron by quite a margin.

Back home, I did the same with my GG and there, the difference between the EML and the Haltron wasn't as huge and clear in every aspect as in the Atlantic but I still prefer the Haltron over the EML in the GG as well.

@t-ram

You don't have to roll rectis with the Atlantic. Without a comparison, we would have liked the original 5Y3 good enough, but in direct comparison with the other rectis, the difference was very obvious.

So obvious, that I bought the Haltron immediately because I don't want to listen without it anymore.

Rolling tubes is extremely interesting and part of the fun for me, but no-one is obliged to indulge ;)

Hi Miszny

I "thought" the EML 274B mesh has to be better than the Haltron, so I stuck the EML when I took the Atlantic to a firend for a demo. I wanted to show the Atlantic as good as possible.

After 2 days, I wanted the EML back and brought my friend the original 5Y3 and the Haltron 5R4GY. We inserted the original 5Y3 and like expected, it was no contest at all, the EML mesh being better in every aspect, but when we inserted the Haltron, we listened for maybe 10 seconds and then stared at each other, being quite shocked as we both thought that the haltron sounded even better than the EML. Logically we re-inserted the EML and yes, we both preferred the Haltron by quite a margin.

Back home, I did the same with my GG and there, the difference between the EML and the Haltron wasn't as huge and clear in every aspect as in the Atlantic but I still prefer the Haltron over the EML in the GG as well.

@t-ram

You don't have to roll rectis with the Atlantic. Without a comparison, we would have liked the original 5Y3 good enough, but in direct comparison with the other rectis, the difference was very obvious.

So obvious, that I bought the Haltron immediately because I don't want to listen without it anymore.

Rolling tubes is extremely interesting and part of the fun for me, but no-one is obliged to indulge ;)

Its personal preference and you just confirmed it. With audio for me its a very subjective thing to say that one thing is better sounding vs the other. I know people that like systems that are crazy bright for me and some that have way to much bass for my taste.

This is why there are so many manufacturers on the market I guess :-)

Also these EML mesh rectis take a lot of time to settle I'd say 200+ hours. Another thing with tube gear is that swapping tubes and comparing dead cold ones to others that few seconds ago were running warm at optimal working temperature has impact.

Tube rolling is good fun, but its not a must.

I will visit Lukasz on Moday to collecy my DAC, I will ask him for options and prices if website is not updated by then and post them here.

For sure recti will be upgraded like in case of Big 7 vs Golden Gate. This I can already tell you because Lukasz was asking me for preferred tube.

T-ram

I hear ya. The only reason I bring this up is because in the Atlantic manual on line it discusses that there is no need to roll any tube but if you wanted to you could roll the rectifier tube. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried it.

I was just having a little fun there with my post. It's actually a direct quote from someone on the same forum wisnon linked you. I thought it was funny because wisnon completely agreed with the post and that the Atlantic should be kept simple and not to be compared to the B7/GG let alone any talk of rolling the rectifier. But then...it became obvious how good the Atlantic is when tube rolling the recti.

I'm an early adopter of the Atlantic when Lukasz said there were to be no upgrade options and certainly no tube rectifier and so I ordered thinking these other options would never be available. Should have just waited knowing things change fast in the Lampi world. When I ordered an L4/G5 back in 15' there was an extra charge for dsd. Then just a month or so later it was freely added. I apparently just have bad timing...

Now of course the pendulum has swung to the other extreme and a GG Atlantic is on the table. Granted, I'm pretty happy with my "stock" Atlantic but it would have been nice to have been afforded some options. Maybe I'm just a little jealous or envious of you guys.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

I was just having a little fun there with my post. It's actually a direct quote from someone on the same forum wisnon linked you. I thought it was funny because wisnon completely agreed with the post and that the Atlantic should be kept simple and not to be compared to the B7/GG let alone any talk of rolling the rectifier. But then...it became obvious how good the Atlantic is when tube rolling the recti.

I'm an early adopter of the Atlantic when Lukasz said there were to be no upgrade options and certainly no tube rectifier and so I ordered thinking these other options would never be available. Should have just waited knowing things change fast in the Lampi world. When I ordered an L4/G5 back in 15' there was an extra charge for dsd. Then just a month or so later it was freely added. I apparently just have bad timing...

Now of course the pendulum has swung to the other extreme and a GG Atlantic is on the table. Granted, I'm pretty happy with my "stock" Atlantic but it would have been nice to have been afforded some options. Maybe I'm just a little jealous or envious of you guys.

:-)

I was the first person that bought Atlantic DAC from Lukasz. I listened to this DAC when there was no name for it and ordered on the spot.

You can upgrade with tube recti, change pcm r2r to dsd x512, add clocks... The biggest issue with mods is going from SE to BAL but other then that sky is the limit ;-)

:-)You can upgrade with tube recti, change pcm r2r to dsd x512, add clocks... The biggest issue with mods is going from SE to BAL but other then that sky is the limit ;-)

True. But I'm on the hook for shipping both ways. I've thought of sending it in for clocks,tube recti, and volume control but still not sure if its worth it or not.

BTW, I'm wondering if that's my L4 I traded in that you have for sale here in the trading post. I had a single ended pcm only L4 with Amperex bugle boys 81,82 with a Sylvania rectifier. It was a damn good dac and sometimes I wish I still had it.

Forums are a a double edged sword. You'll learn a few things, but you'll also get people telling you "this is so much better than that". If you're happy with what you've got then try and ignore. I only got the Atlantic with a tube rectifier because it was ready to go/ship in that config. Really, it's a bit of a PITA with that big tube sticking out - and remember all that a rectifier does is control the voltage drop. Plus you can end up going down a tube rolling rabbit hole.

TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 60th Ann. (*2), Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-3, LCD-4
Mobile: AK240, Shure 846

From the Lampi Facebook page

Lampis.png

TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 60th Ann. (*2), Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-3, LCD-4

I went with those options (my headphone amp really likes a balanced connection and my preamp is balanced throughout). You've got some nice gear there. I'm going to be interested to hear how this: "MCT450 to D150" compares to this: "MCT450 to Atlantic".

I also have a VPI Scoutmaster Signature (+ Dynavector 20*2L MC cart + Audia Flight Phono) and I'm going to be very interested in how that compares to the Atlantic...

OK guys I just came back from Lukasz and here is what I know:

There will be all versions of Atlantic available in Golden treatment, this includes Single Ended with two tubes + rectifier as standard in this case.

Lukasz promissed to put prices on the website tomorrow the latest so I am going to keep you waiting for just a bit ;-)

I have my DAC but no golden case ready for Single Ended so I got mine with standard black just so I can take it home and enjoy before he calls me to come back for metal change ;-)

This means no photos today, sorry.

Thank you Mizny for that valuable info.

I just ordered a regular Atlantic before reading this.

I guess I will have to wait for the Golden Atlantic prices to finalize the order or to upgrade to Golden Atlantic...

Have you already been able to comprae the regular with the golden Atlantic?

Does the Golden Atlantic sound considerably better than the regular Arlantic?

Which recti tube did you choose for your new Golden Atlantic?

On the Web site I see the Atlantic supports the following rectifiers:

5C3S or 5Y3 or 274B

Any others? I have a bunch of 5U4G, 53KU, 5AR4, GZ32/33/34/37 and U52 rectifiers. These are all supported in the rectifier slot of an amp I have (along with 274B and 5Y3).

Does anyone have a good idea what the configuration of the Gold Atlantic will be? I've pieced together a little bit from the threads, but... will the recti be upgraded from the standard, etc.? Nothing on the L website. Thanks in advance.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/lampizator-golden-atlantic-digital-analogue-converter-31125/#post619056

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Thanks! I'm guessing that you saw leftside's posting of the comparison shortly after I asked. :-) Supposedly, Lukasz will have pricing on the website soon. I'm drooling and clutching my wallet already! The GA sounds like a really good piece for me for my CA setup.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

On the Web site I see the Atlantic supports the following rectifiers:

5C3S or 5Y3 or 274B

Any others? I have a bunch of 5U4G, 53KU, 5AR4, GZ32/33/34/37 and U52 rectifiers. These are all supported in the rectifier slot of an amp I have (along with 274B and 5Y3).

The 5U4G is supposed to sound really good. I may opt for that with the GA.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile