IGNORED

HD Tracks Hidden Files After Download?

First, I did search the net and found the following thread http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f13-audiophile-downloads/hdtracks-download-manager-3414/ I did not read all 285 posts, but did do some searches on key terms with no luck.

I downloaded a new album today from HD Tracks. The download manger opened fine and took some time to download the files. When it was done I went to the file location to move the files to my preferred directory and drive. The artist folder was there, but no album, and no songs. I am on Mac OS Mavericks. When I click get info on the artist folder it shows (1,788,175,160 bytes (1.79 GB on disk) for 1 item). When I drag the whole artist folder to my external drive where I store my music I could see it was moving something as it showed progress and took some time. Still I cannot see the album folder or any tracks.

I have tried opening the folder with Audirvana and it cannot find the files, but MusicBranz Picard can find them, lookup, and tag.

Has this happened to anyone before, and if yes, what is the fix?

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

I think I may have found out what is causing it. The album name is .5: The Gray Chapter, and therefore downloaded as a hidden file. I changed the terminal to show hidden files, renamed the folder, and set back and all is good.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Wow, what an unfortunate situation. In the digital age, musicians should consult an IT axpert before naming their album ;)

I sent a note to HD Tracks in case other Mac OS users download, they may have the same issue / question.