IGNORED

Question about XLD

bflatfinesse

So far, I have ripped close to 50 albums using XLD. I have found that almost 100% of the time an error occurs on the disk, it is on the last track. Is there some kind of explanation for this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14624[/ATTACH]

That's why I don't suffer with XLD and go all the time with the plain iTunes ripper, error correction and clean CDs.

Before this, when I got XLD "errors", then ripped with iTunes with no problems and no sonic degradation was present.

XLD compare your rip with others rips, who can ensure you the others are OK?

Anyway, if the CD is damaged (mainly in the directory) there is no way to fix it.

Roch

I don't see any green ink. This has happened on at least 15 albums, all with errors on the last track.

It was a joke. Audiophools used to think if you put green ink on the edge of a CD, it would improve the sound.

CDs play from the inside toward the outside. The outside track is the most prone to damage from scratches, etc. If I ever have problems ripping, it is almost always on the last track for this reason. I have found cleaning and polishing with a cloth and a little bit of water can help.

By the way, the penultimate line of what you posted says "No errors occurred." It just looks like it took a few tries to get it right.

Like Roch, I just rip stuff with iTunes usually.

So far, I have ripped close to 50 albums using XLD. I have found that almost 100% of the time an error occurs on the disk, it is on the last track. Is there some kind of explanation for this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14624[/ATTACH]

I have this same issue, and spoke with the developer. He didn't seem too interested in making updates to possibly correct it, unfortunately.

I'm currently testing dbPowerAmp for Mac (which also has AccurateRip support), and get *no* errors on any track - so I think it's an XLD bug, not an issue with my CDs.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I have this same issue, and spoke with the developer. He didn't seem too interested in making updates to possibly correct it, unfortunately.

I'm currently testing dbPowerAmp for Mac (which also has AccurateRip support), and get *no* errors on any track - so I think it's an XLD bug, not an issue with my CDs.

Good to now there is dbPowerAmp for Mac?

It's fast? Because when I used it on Windows was so slow...!

Roch

Good to now there is dbPowerAmp for Mac?

It's fast? Because when I used it on Windows was so slow...!

Roch

It doesn't seem excessively slow to me, but I'm not really in a hurry when I'm ripping CDs. I put in a CD, check the metadata matches my personal "standard", then click "Rip". When it's done, it's done ;)

It's certainly not as fast as iTunes, but at the end of the day, I appreciate that AccurateRip match / quality check more than pure speed.

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Is dbPoweramp for Mac available? I went to their site and could not find it.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

Have you done comparison rips between XLD and dbPoweramp for Mac? I'm wondering about the quality of the rips, time to rip and basic form and function of performing the rip. Any comparison, pluses or minuses would be helpful and interesting.

Frank Zappa
Is dbPoweramp for Mac available? I went to their site and could not find it.

dBpoweramp Music Converter Apple OS X R1

Have you done comparison rips between XLD and dbPoweramp for Mac? I'm wondering about the quality of the rips, time to rip and basic form and function of performing the rip. Any comparison, pluses or minuses would be helpful and interesting.

Pros

dBpoweramp does metadata lookups against multiple sites and presents the "best" amalgam of the data. It supports AccurateRip db lookup, and falls back to secure / ultra-secure ripping if the CD is not yet in the database. It allows saving to multiple formats at the same time. It does not consistently cause AccurateRip errors on the last track of the CD. Currently in beta, it is "free" until complete.

Cons

It will apparently cost $39 when complete.

I used XLD for several years, but dBpoweramp does everything XLD does + more. I've been using dBpoweramp for several months now, and I have yet to be disappointed. I'll be buying it when it comes out of beta.

Pros

dBpoweramp does metadata lookups against multiple sites and presents the "best" amalgam of the data. It supports AccurateRip db lookup, and falls back to secure / ultra-secure ripping if the CD is not yet in the database. It allows saving to multiple formats at the same time. It does not consistently cause AccurateRip errors on the last track of the CD. Currently in beta, it is "free" until complete.

Cons

It will apparently cost $39 when complete.

I used XLD for several years, but dBpoweramp does everything XLD does + more. I've been using dBpoweramp for several months now, and I have yet to be disappointed. I'll be buying it when it comes out of beta.

Wow. I just did my first rip with it as a test. It looks like the real deal. I didn't rip into my music library but into a test folder. I notice it allows selection of multiple artwork but can that be displayed by any of the library management softwares (iTunes etc)?

Frank Zappa