IGNORED

Article: SOtM sMS-100 Mini Server Review

Hi Mike - I agree with you for the most part. The way I used the device it should be called the Renderer. However, there are many uses, one of which could be a server. I can't control what manufacturers name products, but it has a bit to do with marketing. Potential customers may have no clue what a renderer is and have at least some idea about servers.

Sure, let's educate them! The only reason I used that odd word is that it's apparently part of the UPnP/DLNA spec. Anyway, thanks again for some interesting work in this ever-evolving field.

Hi Guys !

In my opinion and experience much promising solution than SMS100 is XBMC (! Openelec ) with headless SQUEEZELITE implementation.

In this case we have high-grade AV (!not only audio ) UPnP-DLNA/Airplay device and audiophile SQUEEZEBOX simultaneously !!!

I made this one ,tested and very satisfied.

Moscow.Russia

• 5 months later...
The intent here is not to replace your computer, but rather to free it up. These are meant to work in combination with your existing computer. Also, the SotM mini server is preconfigured so there is nothing messy for you to deal with....

Jesus R

Hi Jesus,

Can you please help me? I have a problem with the setup in the SMS-100. In my browser I can see the IP from SM-100 but when I click on it, just appears a blank page, I can´t see any GUI or next step to switch modes (LMS, DLNA, etc...).

I think already tried everything, I have a macbook pro with Yosemite, the SMS-100 is connected directly to the Router via ethernet. I also tried with DAC connected and disconnected. I don´t know where is my mistake.

I saw a Post from other member with the same problem, I followed the thread but nobody posted an answer.

If you need more info about my problem please let me know.

Thank you,

Javier

PC AMD A4 3300 (Supply Power Fanless Seasonic) - V-DAC II Musical Fidelity (via usb Forest) - Marantz PM6003 (cable Strightwire) - Speakers T+A Criterion TS 350 - Headphones Beyerdynamic DT990 - Apple TV2 - Software Player Jriver 17.

• 1 year later...
Hi Jesus,

Can you please help me? I have a problem with the setup in the SMS-100. In my browser I can see the IP from SM-100 but when I click on it, just appears a blank page, I can´t see any GUI or next step to switch modes (LMS, DLNA, etc...).

I think already tried everything, I have a macbook pro with Yosemite, the SMS-100 is connected directly to the Router via ethernet. I also tried with DAC connected and disconnected. I don´t know where is my mistake.

I saw a Post from other member with the same problem, I followed the thread but nobody posted an answer.

If you need more info about my problem please let me know.

Thank you,

Javier

You can use different methods to get to the internet GUI of the SMS-100.

You can type in your browser "sonicorbiter.local", which brings you to the GUI, or "sonicorbiter.com.my", which gives a link of the IP adress. Try different browsers, as not all are working well. In my experience Safari on an iPad and Firefox on a Macbook work fine, but Chrome on the Macbook didn't show the SMS-100.

If this doens't work, log in into your router, and see if an ip adress is assigned to the SMS-100, and type the ip adress in explorer or a browser. Good luck.

• 5 years later...

Hi.  I restarted using my SMS-100 todate and found new apps not previously installed.  Currently using Airplay for Apple Lossless music.  Will the Drive Mounter enable me to attach external USB drives and play songs from there?

image.thumb.png.fb5caf371241d7d21d52792d81154260.png