IGNORED

HQ Player

6 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

25Bits.thumb.png.4a7cbf970c4d3b32ceb8bfb7c2612ef8.png HQPlayer4Desktop.log.zip 5.04 MB · 5 downloads

@Miska

See the attached zipped log!

I changed to 25Bits and zipped a newer log...

HQPlayer4Desktop.log.zip 5.04 MB · 5 downloads

By the way, set your input backend to "[none]" if you are not using the input feature. Now HQPlayer keeps looking for input NAAs.

But as I suspected, the DAC says it has 32, 24 and 16 bit input format support. And the 24-bit one seems to be broken, and not the only product out there with such (buggy XMOS firmwares)... I need to figure out how to work around this.

At the moment, HQPlayer assumes using 24-bit format suffices if your output bits are >16 and <= 24. But it doesn't expect this DAC feature to be broken...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Let me guess, this happens with some extra long filters? Does it happen with something like poly-sinc-short-mp(-2s)?

How about using Qobuz with native HQPlayer without Roon?

Yes, I use gauss long. 

I use too many of Roon’s library management capabilities to move to native HQPlayer. 
1. full integration of local and streaming content to a unified library

2. favorites

3. Banned

4. tags

5. genres

I use these features to curate kind of my own dynamic radio stations. I never listen to a single album. I use the “focus” filter to create a queue and then shuffle through it. I save the “focus” settings as bookmarks which is kind of like creates my own radio stations 

I think it is great that you recently add Qobuz. 
Any plans to develop an integrated library - streaming + local? Is it very difficult? I think Roon are the only ones who enable that. No other player I know of has that.

10 hours ago, Miska said:

How about using Qobuz with native HQPlayer without Roon?

Jussi
but using desktop as embedded for qobuz management is a feasible thing?
by doing so, the client is bypassed and everything (perhaps) becomes easier in managing the streaming.
adopting a dlna or a UPnP .....🙄

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

7 hours ago, GMG said:

Any plans to develop an integrated library - streaming + local? Is it very difficult?

No plans, I don't think it's a good idea. That Roon feature annoys me a lot. For example it prefers lossy MQA tracks from Tidal over lossless Qobuz tracks. And they stack versions and then I always need to go through the "versions" tab to pick the version I want.

7 hours ago, GMG said:

I think Roon are the only ones who enable that. No other player I know of has that.

Large reason being that streaming services want to have their branding so that it is clear to the user which service hey are listening through. Services want to have certain things in a certain way. Maybe Roon has managed to negotiate special terms for their approach.

31 minutes ago, giordy60 said:

but using desktop as embedded for qobuz management is a feasible thing?
by doing so, the client is bypassed and everything (perhaps) becomes easier in managing the streaming.
adopting a dlna or a UPnP .....🙄

Not sure I understand. Client is the GUI for Desktop (and Embedded). Why would you want to bypass it?

Of course other control applications can also implement the HQPlayer control API.

6 minutes ago, Miska said:

No plans, I don't think it's a good idea. That Roon feature annoys me a lot. For example it prefers lossy MQA tracks from Tidal over lossless Qobuz tracks. And they stack versions and then I always need to go through the "versions" tab to pick the version I want.

Well - maybe you can create a better implementation then 😀

7 minutes ago, GMG said:

Well - maybe you can create a better implementation then 😀

I think I have, it lists and displays all the formats in cover flow. And I can easily search for example all DSD64 albums I have in my library with just "DSD64" as search term. Or same for example for "192/24".

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

Not sure I understand.

in other words .... can I use a UPnp app as a bubble for managing qobuz on desktop?

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

On 11/23/2021 at 9:35 PM, bogi said:

In the last time my attention took these devices:

1) https://www.kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-titanis-active-usb-processor/

It addresses both data wires and power wires. I found only positive reviews. It seems it is stronger in data wire noise elimination than in galvanic isolation. More expensive in Europe than in N.A.

2) https://hifigo.com/products/topping-hs01-usb-2-0-high-speed-audio-isolator

This is new thing and should address galvanic isolation only. No reviews yet.

Oh, im at the exactly same standpoint right now.... i also have a ifi isilencer+ and im happy with what it does, also read the (very) positive reviews of the holo audio titanis and im curious how the topping hs01 performs since its basicly the first "cheap" usb 2.0 isolator (all cheap ones are just usb 1.1)

im specially curious of the topping device since even the holo could be added afterwards but galvanic isolation sounds too good to ignore (specially with main-pc setups)

i also wonder if ground/vbus needs to be connected on the dirty side of the topping hs01, or will it use the clean injected side-port-power? (since i plan to have a diy usb cable with preferably vbus and ground completely disconnected)

does anyone have something to say about these two devices?

3 hours ago, Miska said:

No, UPnP Renderer functionality is only in HQPlayer Embedded...

pity not being able to have the UPnp render functionality on desktop versions .....🤷‍♂️

sistema:

15 hours ago, Miska said:

OK, the problem is here. Leave Adaptive rate set to grayed. Uncheck 48k DSD and set Bit rate to 44.1k x256. You'll get constant 44.1k x256 output rate and no output rate switching regardless of source.

Respectfully, that doesn't address the problem with DSD512 playback, no change.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

1 hour ago, Miska said:

It is on my TODO-list, but I don't have schedule for it. Same goes for playlist save for Qobuz/HRA.

Another fine feature would be adjust size or auto fit (number of rows and columns) of the album covers in the client app.

For example, the screen attached would show 18 (6 x 3) or 32 (8 x 4) covers instead of only 8!

BTW, why in the album view we see the play view in the background?

Sem Título.png

5 hours ago, Ghoostknight said:

i also wonder if ground/vbus needs to be connected on the dirty side of the topping hs01, or will it use the clean injected side-port-power?

The kitsunehifi product page I linked states "When the device connected to HS01 exceeds the current output capability, an external auxiliary power supply can be used." So it implies that VBUS is not interrupted on the dirty side. But it is not impossible that with external power the computer VBUS is not needed for correct operation. One would need to try. I know only about one person owning HS01 on head-fi:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/topping-d90.926531/post-16693194
That person really had ground loop issue and tried also Intona, so his experience is interesting. But if you don't face with ground loop issue, HS01 may bring no benefit. I would not buy it without easy possibility to return it.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
1 hour ago, MemoryPlayer said:

Another fine feature would be adjust size or auto fit (number of rows and columns) of the album covers in the client app.

For example, the screen attached would show 18 (6 x 3) or 32 (8 x 4) covers instead of only 8!

There's no fixed number of albums shown, it depends on your screen DPI scaling.

Here's screenshot from my Mac Mini on 4K resolution display, with one level of enlargement scaling from macOS System Preferences:

1323645764_Screenshot2022-01-24at0_16_35.thumb.png.8b666e590a96927205188a600c402576.png

1 hour ago, MemoryPlayer said:

BTW, why in the album view we see the play view in the background?

It is my GUI design, the control interface is three screens wide layer floating on top of current cover image. You can swipe/drag the GUI left-right across, while the current cover stays static in the background.

Background of each side view is semi-transparent gray, so you notice the cover appears dimmer in the background when covered by these views.

2 hours ago, bogi said:

The kitsunehifi product page I linked states "When the device connected to HS01 exceeds the current output capability, an external auxiliary power supply can be used." So it implies that VBUS is not interrupted on the dirty side. But it is not impossible that with external power the computer VBUS is not needed for correct operation. One would need to try. I know only about one person owning HS01 on head-fi:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/topping-d90.926531/post-16693194
That person really had ground loop issue and tried also Intona, so his experience is interesting. But if you don't face with ground loop issue, HS01 may bring no benefit. I would not buy it without easy possibility to return it.

Thanks for the link, unfortunaly it tells us the topping hs01 is not an actual galvanic isolator, it probably was/is too good to be true

im still asking myself why it doesnt support usb 1.1 (product page says it JUST supports usb 2.0) for example, i would guess it acts similarly to the ifi idefender+ but its still somewhat unclear what it "exactly" does, but its kinda suspecious that it just gets advertised as "ground loop killer" but if it doesnt support usb 1.1 something is still happening with the datalines i guess??

Edit: tho it says 1k V isolation which clearly indicates galvanic isolation isnt it? or does that mean datalines go through a isolation chips but ground/vbus isnt? kinda wondering if adding a 1:1 transformator would make it true galvanic isolated for cheap then

Or the support answer told on head-fi is just a misunderstand of the question by the support....

EditEdit: i just wrote a email to topping in hopes of getting a clear(er) answer