IGNORED

HQ Player

2 hours ago, Miska said:

There's no fixed number of albums shown, it depends on your screen DPI scaling.

Here's screenshot from my Mac Mini on 4K resolution display, with one level of enlargement scaling from macOS System Preferences:

1323645764_Screenshot2022-01-24at0_16_35.thumb.png.8b666e590a96927205188a600c402576.png

>> 🤔 How did Spice Girls get in there? 😉

Hello,

Im using Audiolinux and today I finally managed to add HQplayer embedded to it.

Anyone using a Denafrips Terminator II with Hqplayer embedded thru Audiolinux ?

Any suggestions on possible combinations that work nice with this DAC on your experience ?

Thank you Guys !

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

10 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

Im using Audiolinux and today I finally managed to add HQplayer embedded to it.

Anyone using a Denafrips Terminator II with Hqplayer embedded thru Audiolinux ?

Any suggestions on possible combinations that work nice with this DAC on your experience ?

Based on information I have, and the Ares II.

If you like to use PCM mode, remember to set DAC to NOS mode. Set DAC Bits to 16, preferably use 1.4/1.5M output rate or if not possible, at least 705.6/768k rate. Use LNS15, NS9 or NS5 noise-shaper. And filter of your choice.

If you like to DSD mode, use DSD256 or DSD512 output rate. ASDM7ECv2 modulator and filter of your choice.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

6 hours ago, bogi said:

The kitsunehifi product page I linked states "When the device connected to HS01 exceeds the current output capability, an external auxiliary power supply can be used." So it implies that VBUS is not interrupted on the dirty side. But it is not impossible that with external power the computer VBUS is not needed for correct operation. One would need to try. I know only about one person owning HS01 on head-fi:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/topping-d90.926531/post-16693194
That person really had ground loop issue and tried also Intona, so his experience is interesting. But if you don't face with ground loop issue, HS01 may bring no benefit. I would not buy it without easy possibility to return it.

Topping actually answered my email very fast, i will post what they said, maybe it helps you too, since it sounds promising :) (and maybe you can forward this to head-fi since i dont have a account over there)

Hello i have a few question about the Topping HS01

1. Is it a true galvanic isolator or does it work similarly to the ifi idefender 3.0 / + which is not a true isolator
2. 1kV Isolation (and not supporting USB1.0/1.1) suggest that it actually IS a galvanic isolation, are all lines (dataline +/-, vbus and ground) galvanic isolated?)
3. does the HS01 actually need vbus on the dirty side or can it be completly disconnected if power gets injected by the side port?
4. if data lines are isolated what kind of chip is used? (and what kind of isolator is used for vbus/ground?)

unfortunaly there is very little and unclear information floating around the web about this device, i hope to get some clear answers/understand of how it works and if its worth buying

Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting TOPPING support. We are happy to assist.

1, Truely galvanic isolated.
2, All pins at the output are isolated from the input side.
3, It needs Vbus to operate.
4, I'm sorry, this is a trade secret and I'm not authorized to disclose.

Hope the above will help you.

Best Regards

with this info im pretty sure the topping is the cheapest 2.0 high speed (galvanic) isolator -by far- and i will give it a go 

I think either on the HQPWV or HQP client, it would be nice to have a sort feature for recently imported albums. When you start building up your digital library, its easy to lose track of new albums you purchase recently (for me anyway. lol)

I just recently found out by scrolling through my library from A - Z that there were a few albums I purchased recently but never had a chance to listen to them. 

Cheers

Deric

22 hours ago, Miska said:

Yeah, entirely possible... Especially if the DAC has MQA support.

No MQA on DAC.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

18 hours ago, Miska said:

Based on information I have, and the Ares II.

If you like to use PCM mode, remember to set DAC to NOS mode. Set DAC Bits to 16, preferably use 1.4/1.5M output rate or if not possible, at least 705.6/768k rate. Use LNS15, NS9 or NS5 noise-shaper. And filter of your choice.

If you like to DSD mode, use DSD256 or DSD512 output rate. ASDM7ECv2 modulator and filter of your choice.

Thank you Miska !

For now Im using only PCM mode and I was using 24 bits, but apparently my CPU i7-10700K + ASUS ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO XIII Z590, are not enough to go 1.4/1.5 or even 705.6/768K, i have Hyperthreading & Turbo mode ON on BIOS except OC.

What could I been missing here ?

Again, Thanks !

image.thumb.png.8581e7b98e4ca897c0dedddf37f59ffb.png

IMG_0576.thumb.JPG.982e538f1e711b92bb0277953a63735d.JPGIMG_0577.thumb.JPG.bea97a21f5628366907a46dd10958fea.JPG

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

2 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

For now Im using only PCM mode and I was using 24 bits, but apparently my CPU i7-10700K + ASUS ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO XIII Z590, are not enough to go 1.4/1.5 or even 705.6/768K, i have Hyperthreading & Turbo mode ON on BIOS except OC.

What could I been missing here ?

Again, Thanks !

image.thumb.png.8581e7b98e4ca897c0dedddf37f59ffb.png

First, set PCM rate limit to 1536000. Then, also set some filter for Nx rates. And under ALSA backend, set DAC Bits to 16.

32 minutes ago, Miska said:

First, set PCM rate limit to 1536000. Then, also set some filter for Nx rates. And under ALSA backend, set DAC Bits to 16.

Done, but nothing happens it actually stays there like the music playback is in pause :

image.thumb.png.2cc54db04bf33baa5717b41c0f408baa.png

23 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

Done, but nothing happens it actually stays there like the music playback is in pause :

image.thumb.png.2cc54db04bf33baa5717b41c0f408baa.png

Update the dac drivers, you are using 

an outdated version.

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

54 minutes ago, giordy60 said:

Update the dac drivers, you are using 

an outdated version.

It has the latest version

V3.12.0 (Current latest version)

- Date 29th Nov 2021 

- Compatible with macOS / winOS / Linux  

- Improved low level STM MCU32 USB handshake with host

- Supports PCM1536 / DSD1024

Miska,

I have tried all the Sample rate without success, only in 44 or auto and in "Rate Limit" I can not pass 256000, just as it is in the attached pic

image.thumb.png.6e995328e664841834582ddec0a16aa6.png

Miska,

I have 2 DACs.  Both are ESS chip DACs:

One is an ESS9018 capable of PCM 32-384 and DSD128.

One is an ESS9038PRO capable of PCM 32-768 and DSD512.

I've seen you post that PCM DAC Bit should be 32 for ESS chips, but what might be the recommended Dither and Sample rate limit for PCM, as well as Modulator and Bit rate limit for SDM?  I'm assuming these ESS chip DACs are engineered rather similarly.

22 minutes ago, Miska said:

Not sure I understand:

image_2022-01-25_015851.png.02833e54337cc1735e21455793f9f875.png

Just like that and the player in Roon goes "fast Forward in the seconds", so only if I go below 352800, meaning I can only play music when it is at 256000 with 44/16 files, when it is 48 or 96 it also fails to play

17 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

Just like that and the player in Roon goes "fast Forward in the seconds", so only if I go below 352800, meaning I can only play music when it is at 256000 with 44/16 files, when it is 48 or 96 it also fails to play

Miska,

This is what I meant by "Fast forwarding" when I go above 256000:

And when it does this there is no sound at all.

2 hours ago, TJHUB said:

I have 2 DACs.  Both are ESS chip DACs:

One is an ESS9018 capable of PCM 32-384 and DSD128.

One is an ESS9038PRO capable of PCM 32-768 and DSD512.

I've seen you post that PCM DAC Bit should be 32 for ESS chips, but what might be the recommended Dither and Sample rate limit for PCM, as well as Modulator and Bit rate limit for SDM?  I'm assuming these ESS chip DACs are engineered rather similarly.

For DSD output, ASDM5ECv2 modulator is good for these.

Without knowing the particular models, 9018 is likely not going to be problematic. Leave DSD filter set to 50 kHz (re DSD64). I have couple of problematic 9038PRO implementations that have issues at 705.6/768k and DSD512 (same data rate as 705.6/768) rates. So safest to stick to 352.8/384k and DSD256 speeds. And also stick with only 44.1k-base DSD rates. For PCM outputs, 32-bit with TPDF or Gauss1 dither are fine. You can also experiment with NS9 and NS5 noise-shapers.

2 hours ago, mikicasellas said:

Miska,

This is what I meant by "Fast forwarding" when I go above 256000:

And when it does this there is no sound at all.

IMG_0578.mov 13.94 MB · 0 downloads  

That's really strange behavior. Can you email me log file of HQPlayer playback session when this happens? From start of HQPlayer to the playback. If there would be an hints. If you have Roon on the same computer, please make sure your DAC is not enabled as audio output in Roon Settings -> Audio.

44 minutes ago, Miska said:

For DSD output, ASDM5ECv2 modulator is good for these.

Without knowing the particular models, 9018 is likely not going to be problematic. Leave DSD filter set to 50 kHz (re DSD64). I have couple of problematic 9038PRO implementations that have issues at 705.6/768k and DSD512 (same data rate as 705.6/768) rates. So safest to stick to 352.8/384k and DSD256 speeds. And also stick with only 44.1k-base DSD rates. For PCM outputs, 32-bit with TPDF or Gauss1 dither are fine. You can also experiment with NS9 and NS5 noise-shapers.

Thank you!  I was already using ASDM5 versions as they sounded better to me over the ASDM7 versions.  For the PCM side, I keep finding NS5 as sounding "right," but I will run through the others again.  I was already on the right track, but this is very helpful.  I am very happy with HQPlayer!  I should have done this years ago.

11 hours ago, mikicasellas said:

It has the latest version

V3.12.0 (Current latest version)

- Date 29th Nov 2021 

- Compatible with macOS / winOS / Linux  

- Improved low level STM MCU32 USB handshake with host

- Supports PCM1536 / DSD1024

what you have installed is the usb firmware.
this....

https://www.denafrips.com/usb-mcu-firmware-update-mac

i mean thesycon asio drivers
these....

https://www.denafrips.com/win-os

here are the last ones...

https://www.denafrips.com/support

Schermata 2022-01-25 alle 11.54.36.png

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

if instead you use the image of Miska on NAA ....
.... you don't actually need the terminator drivers 🤷‍♂️

sistema: