IGNORED

Best Hi-Res Audiophile Releases 2014.

But, sorry to go on about this, I do believe that a majority of their releases are what they say they are;

HX030911413026_185.jpg is

and

030911109325_185.jpgis

and

HD602537805259_185.jpg is

They have to clean up what has been provided to them. And I do believe they are trying to do so. But they do have a huge collection, and thank god for that.

If I had to rely on i.e. Sound Liaison with only 2 or 3 releases per year and a catalog of ...let me count...12 albums including the sampler, however great the sound is, I would be left music hungry...:)

But we can help each other and HD tracks here on the forum with recommendations.

Confused: I do not remember the bit depth/sampling rate info on the Copland album to have been changed (always was RBCD, still is RBCD), nor on the Jarrett/Haden album (the McLeod I don't know) - these are not meant to be examples of HDtracks "cleaning up", correct?

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

don't know if anyone has already mentioned it yet but imo, Opeth's Pale Communion was my top album of the year last year. there's a 96/24 release on HDTracks and has smokin dynamics. Super engaging prog rock.

impressive for that kind of music;

[TABLE=class: table table-bordered table-striped, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Opeth[/TD]

[TD]Pale Communion[/TD]

[TD]2014[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]lossless[/TD]

[TD]CD[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

HD016861754402_185.jpgPale Communion | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

Good drummer!

The Batik album is more dynamic but that is a whole different type of music;

[TABLE=class: table table-bordered table-striped, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]Artist[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]Album[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]Year[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]DR[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]DR

min[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]DR

max[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]Codec[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]Source[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Batik[/TD]

[TD]The Old Man And The Sea [24/96] (Sound Liaison download)

i

[/TD]

[TD]2014[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]lossless[/TD]

[TD]Download[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Batik Hoes 300 shadow v2.png Sound Liaison Music Shop

[video=youtube;u35c-p-tSqU]

• 2 weeks later...
But, sorry to go on about this, I do believe that a majority of their releases are what they say they are;

HX030911413026_185.jpg is and 030911109325_185.jpgis and HD602537805259_185.jpg is

They have to clean up what has been provided to them. And I do believe they are trying to do so. But they do have a huge collection, and thank god for that.

If I had to rely on i.e. Sound Liaison with only 2 or 3 releases per year and a catalog of ...let me count...12 albums including the sampler, however great the sound is, I would be left music hungry...:)

But we can help each other and HD tracks here on the forum with recommendations.

Confused: I do not remember the bit depth/sampling rate info on the Copland album to have been changed (always was RBCD, still is RBCD), nor on the Jarrett/Haden album (the McLeod I don't know) - these are not meant to be examples of HDtracks "cleaning up", correct?

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

I do think that those albums were recorded in a higher format than RBCD, most recordings are.

I do think that those albums were recorded in a higher format than RBCD, most recordings are.

+1

Since I remember the standard original recordings are,

Ref Recordings 24/176

ECM 24/88

Sound Liaison 24/96

The 'commercial' way they are released could be another different history through the different comercial DL channels, like HD Tracks, Qobuz, HR Audio, etc.

For example, Ref. Recordings, before DL were common, 24/176 only by expensive physical DVDs

Roch

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24899[/ATTACH]

This title was released in Summer 2014; I reviewed it here:

SA-CD.net - Ravel: Orchestral & virtuoso piano - Larderet

Review says it all. Stunning release.

This is from the current incarnation of the above site:

HRAudio.net - Ravel: Orchestral & virtuoso piano - Larderet

Good review, thanks.

My pleasure.

As soon as they get their current problems sorted, this will be the first recording that will be transferred to multi-channel DSD.

• 2 months later...