IGNORED

beats music/mog SOUND QUALITY/web format etc

have spent considerable time trying to decide on beats music for streaming.

i am a long time MOG subscriber.

i have over 250 playlists with 50-500 songs each.

i would like to see comments on how other 'MOGGERS' feel about BM,ie sound quality vs MOG etc.

i was initially flomoxed/outraged at their rollout especially in regard to their web browser accessability-they didnt have a way to signup/login/register unless you had an ipod/ipad/smartphone-i was finally able to get on with help from their support team.

next was no ability to create a playlists on a webbrowser.it seemed their whole thrust was aimed at teenyboppers milleniums boomphone users and not to older mature listeners especially those of us who just listen on/from their pc's/mac's

next was my A/B comparison of sound BM doesnt sound 'as good' yet is supposedly same 320kbps as MOG any one else feel same way-i use macmini usb out to schiit gungnir DAC rca's out my avr(which IMHO actually improves the SQ -the DAC that is)

i have left a lot of comments on BM's and MOG's support pages some very serious others very sarcastic-also left some comments after Chris's editorial last week on CA.

i must say their support team both on line and at their 800# is SUPERB-rapid,helpfull,AMERICAN,but very young-one kid i spoke to about the playlists THEY picked out for me included an 'introduction to grateful dead' that didnt include 'ripple'(OMG) yet he didnt know who the DEAD were!!(or PHISH for that matter)-need older audiophile types manning the phones and emails

the webbrowser BM leaves a lot to be desired BUT they claim we MOG subscribers will be able to transfer our MOG playlists to web browser format and other MOG features will be included.

ANY comments/suggestions by others about their interactions with BM

bobbmd/[email protected]

Might not be helpful, but I believe this is going to unfold gradually. We won't know how effective the transition will be for a few more weeks. And even then, it may take months to know what this new service will really have to offer. IMO, it's in beta for all practical purposes and they are playing catch-up and will continue to for some time. Not unusual. BTW, I'm a MOG user for over 2 years with lots of playlists. I don't think we'll ever overcome the fact that the market target is relatively young.

I tried the Beats Music trial and hated the audio quality . While it is supposed to be the same 320 bitrate as MOG ,I found it definitely inferior using either my Kef or B&W headphones .

i have been a subscriber to Spotify for about a year as I saw the shutdown of MOG as inevitable . Spotify's audio quality blows away Beats .

im not too impressed with Beats and would never subscribe just based on the audio quality . I have no idea why Beats doesn't sound as good but my ears ain't lying .

When I try to cancel Beats Music, it says that an error occurred and links me to the FAQ/WIKI. Nice.

Their phone "voice" is an enthusiastic hipster that I could not take for long.

I have gone from MOG to Spotify and will see...

"The main problem with communication is the illusion that it has been achieved"

Auralic Aries & Vega / Pass Labs XP-30 / DSPeaker 2.0 / Pass Labs XA160.5 / mbl 101E mk2

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't care for Beats' juvenile interface or associating with rappers, Ellen Degeneres or other reprobates......

You've just convinced me to go with Beats. Rappers, Ellen Degeneres and other reprobates- That sounds like my kind of place.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Doesn't sound like SLC! :)

Agreed :)

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

You've just convinced me to go with Beats. Rappers, Ellen Degeneres and other reprobates- That sounds like my kind of place.

"But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7

Now that assumes "sin", or "reprobate" behavior, which may or may not be the case from my perspective. Are you confident that all rappers are de facto reprobates? All gay and lesbian folk as well? I don't think you'll find a safe haven in Spotify. Also I think you would find that some great composers and musicians would fall into the category of reprobate ( think Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Liszt and others in the classical genre, which is just a beginning). There were many who were convinced that rock and roll is inherently evil. Do you determine your music listening through a moral litmus test?

"But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7

Now that assumes "sin", or "reprobate" behavior, which may or may not be the case from my perspective. Are you confident that all rappers are de facto reprobates? All gay and lesbian folk as well? I don't think you'll find a safe haven in Spotify. Also I think you would find that some great composers and musicians would fall into the category of reprobate ( think Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Liszt and others in the classical genre, which is just a beginning). There were many who were convinced that rock and roll is inherently evil. Do you determine your music listening through a moral litmus test?

Woah, wait..... hold on!!

Christopher.......Sorry, if my comment was unclear. It was intended to be tongue in cheek. I support gay people and gay marriage. I was quoting boatheelmusic's words with the "reprobate" reference.

In no way, shape or form do I personally view gay and lesbian people as sinners. In fact, that is 100% opposite to my personal view and that is actually why I responded with my comment. Ellen Degeneres is awesome. I love her. HENCE, I mentioned I wanted to join Beats if rappers, Ellen Generes and reprobates can be found on the site. :)

I love gay people.

I am not religious so any reference to "sin" is without any value to me, which is not to mean that I am anti-religion. I support all views. Whatever makes someone happy.

you missed one very important post right above the one that got you all upset...

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...

Some good MOG news:

[h=1]WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MOG SERVICE AND SUBSCRIBERS?[/h]The initial April 15 date we set for shutting down the MOG service has been extended for the time being to give us time to add and complete the features we think will ensure the smoothest, easiest transition from MOG to Beats Music as possible. Based on the feedback from MOG users, we’ve already completed a playlist conversion tool, available here, and are working on additional features that we’ll outline shortly. We will still offer all MOG subscribers a one-month free trial of Beats Music once we establish an end-date for MOG. In the meantime, please continue to enjoy the MOG service.

Lanna - Yesterday at 20:54

Woah, wait..... hold on!!

Christopher.......Sorry, if my comment was unclear. It was intended to be tongue in cheek. I support gay people and gay marriage. I was quoting boatheelmusic's words with the "reprobate" reference.

In no way, shape or form do I personally view gay and lesbian people as sinners. In fact, that is 100% opposite to my personal view and that is actually why I responded with my comment. Ellen Degeneres is awesome. I love her. HENCE, I mentioned I wanted to join Beats if rappers, Ellen Generes and reprobates can be found on the site. :)

I love gay people.

I am not religious so any reference to "sin" is without any value to me, which is not to mean that I am anti-religion. I support all views. Whatever makes someone happy.

Blake, total misunderstanding. I was responding to the quote in your post from boatheelmusic. And I wasn't angry. The post that you responded to struck me as a sweeping statement and perhaps intolerant. So it was meant to support your statement.

Very sorry for the dismay that this caused! Blake, I have a good deal of respect for you. Truly sorry for this misunderstanding that I caused.

And Bill this is not a game I like to play. It is completely sincere, wasn't aimed at Blake. Honestly, Bill, I'm surprised if you actually think I'm trolling! You definitely have the wrong impression.

I'll be sticking with Spotify and saying goodbye to Mog. Waiting for Qobuz to come to the USA with redbook streaming

Blake, total misunderstanding. I was responding to the quote in your post from boatheelmusic. And I wasn't angry. The post that you responded to struck me as a sweeping statement and perhaps intolerant. So it was meant to support your statement.

Very sorry for the dismay that this caused! Blake, I have a good deal of respect for you. Truly sorry for this misunderstanding that I caused.

And Bill this is not a game I like to play. It is completely sincere, wasn't aimed at Blake. Honestly, Bill, I'm surprised if you actually think I'm trolling! You definitely have the wrong impression.

I'll be sticking with Spotify and saying goodbye to Mog. Waiting for Qobuz to come to the USA with redbook streaming

I thought we could stream redbook for Qobus in the US. No?

• 1 month later...