IGNORED

Light Harmonic Geek Pulse DAC Campaign LIVE!

It sounds like Larry Ho is working on an LPS with 9v and 5v rails. I think they are shooting to have this available during the campaign. My guess is that it isn't finished or close enough to being finalized to put a price on it yet. They are also trying to weigh how many of these they might sell, from their last comment they are thinking "not much" and the production numbers would also have an effect on price.

Being that it is a 9v/5v unit, I am also eyeing it for a mini power supply. I am not sure if their design would meet the required 3 amps or not..but watching development.

If you're interested in the LPS or the upgraded Pulse X, I would leave a comment on either Indiegogo or the lhlabs.com site. If they are still trying to get an idea interest it would likely help out.

The specification is:

110/120V or 220/240V input, and 12V @ 800mA output, 5V @ 500mA output.

Cheers,

---

Engineer, programmer, entrepreneur and music lover

Light Harmonic Labs

http://www.Lightharmonic.com

http://www.facebook.com/LightHarmonic

They have added the Linear Power Supply for $289.00..of which only 50 are available. After that it goes to $399, they seem to be going quickly.

Geek Pulse: A Digital Audio Awesomifier for Your Desktop | Indiegogo

Geek LPS (Linear Power Supply)

Where has the time gone? When we started this campaign, 53 days seemed like a very long time. But now we only have 10 days to go!

As we get closer to the end of the campaign, we're trying our best to release the options you want as part of your Geek Pulse system. One of the major requests has been for a linear power supply. Larry and his team of engineers has been hard at work engineering the circuit that will give you the quietest power at an affordable price, and have come up with something that I think is remarkable.

Right now, everything is in an engineering prototype 1 stage. But the final product will fit into the same chassis as Geek Pulse and Geek Blue, so it will be part of a matching system.

Benefits of a Linear Power Supply

• No switching power noise!

• Unlike a battery, no need to recharge.

• Unlike a battery, a LPS has excellent system grounding.

Specs of Geek Linear Power Supply

• 110V/120V or 220V/240V 50/60 Hz AC input.

• 12V DC, 800mA output (uses the notoriously good power supply technology inside Da Vinci DAC)

• 5V DC, 500mA output in front panel via USB-A connector (Can be used with Geek Out via split USB cable to reduce power noise from computer.)

• 47,000uF Reservoir Capacitor (4700uF * 10) with zero switching off noise Schottky diode

• 30VA High Quality Noise Shielded Transformer

Special note: If you live in a country where your power is not one of the ones specified (Japan or Brazil, for example), please don't buy Geek LPS. Also note that the 110V/120V and 220V/240V is NON-switchable (i.e. is set at the factory).

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Just snagged my Linear Power Supply for $289!

With the mass email from Indiegogo that just went out to all backers, I bet the 50 LPS units at this price will be sold out within the next hour....heck, they might be gone in the next 5 minutes.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Just snagged my Linear Power Supply for $289!

With the mass email from Indiegogo that just went out to all backers, I bet the 50 LPS units at this price will be sold out within the next hour....heck, they might be gone in the next 5 minutes.

Me too :D

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Larry Ho is taking a hands-up poll on an upgraded femto clock upgrade - check into their lhlabs.com site if you would like to be in the yes column

This should be final one I pick for the potential Geek Pulse 'clock' upgrade.

This mod is much more simpler, no new device, no new shipping cost. Just need to find the good components and tweak the power support for this two clocks.

It features a typical phase jitter of 82 femto Sec RMS at 100 MHz.

Hope I could have enough time to provide this option. Since it is customized parts, the numbers will be limited.

Lead time is 10 weeks. So I order before Christmas, we will get the parts in Mar. Price range: 2 clocks, should be lower than

$138.5... we order more, the price will go down more. Still negotiating.

If any one here likes this upgrade, reply here. So I will know if we have enough people.

Oh yeah! I am in! Brilliant idea.

Larry Ho for President!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Oh yeah! I am in! Brilliant idea.

Larry Ho for President!

He is really wringing everything out of this that he can....pretty cool!

All 300 Early Bird Geek LPS are GONE! Wonder if they will add more.

Also a new stretch goal if they get to $750k: Remote Control.

They added more, details are on lhlabs forum site

Gavin Fish posted an announcement 2 hours ago

Okay friends, after a final couple of conversations with Crystek, we can announce that we've released a Femto Clock perk on our campaign at 3:00PM Pacific time today.

Here are the specs:

1. Crystek special customized ultra-low jitter TCXO clocks x 2. (One at 90,316,8000 Hz, and one at 98,304,000 Hz) -- 85 Femto (85 * 10 ^-15) Second Jitter in 100M Hz region.

2. Sub 1.0uV voltage reference supported dedicated clock power shunt regulator

3. This is all internal to Geek Pulse and Geek Pulse X.

A "femto" clock is a super-duper-accurate clock. It's the abbreviated term for femtosecond, which is one quadrillionth of a second. If used properly in a circuit design (like we do!), it can greatly reduce or virtually eliminate periodic errors in interpreting a digital signal (aka 'jitter').

As you know, low jitter means a cleaner signal path, which results in a more natural listening experience. We're VERY excited about this great new perk! Thank you all for insisting we add it.

This would surely now have to be the lowest cost DAC on the market with Femto Clocks:

Femto clocks are almost sold out in 4 hours!

Light Harmonic has taken what started out as a desktop version of the mobile Geek Out and taken it to a dual-mono "X" version, with available linear power and femto clocks...for an amazing price.

They've almost raised $700k on this one, and with the Geek Out campaign they've raised a total of about $1m!

Anyone who is on the fence needs to get on over to the IndieGoGo campaign now and get in on this while you can!!! Only 8 days to go...

A Digital Audio Converter connected to my Home Computer taking me into the Future

I must admit this is a fun way to buy a piece of audio equipment. I'm $750 into a $300 DAC at this point, and I had never heard of a Femto clock before! I sure hope this thing sounds good.

I'm into it for $877, original DAC, balanced upgrade, Femto clock, the power supply (which hopefully I can also use for other equipment) and extra cable. Could have bought a Woo tube unit for about $1,000. Have to wait four or five months to get it. Of course, the only reason I bought it was their excellent reputation with their high end DAC. I don't have any headphones so this will give me time to get one. Stereophile came today and there are two articles about the campaign.

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

I dithered on the femtoclock and missed the first two rounds.

Larry and Gavin, if you have another round, I will not make that mistake again!

They just put 50 more up a few minutes ago.

They just put 50 more up a few minutes ago.

Thanks. I jumped on it this time. :-)

Now I have a Geek Pulse with femto upgrade and LPS coming next summer with free light speed jr. USB cable. And now it looks like the remote control goal has been achieved.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star