IGNORED

HDTracks.com Malware Detected

rgd2012

Anyone having trouble accessing HDTracks?

I tried logging in after reading your post, before the home page even finished loading, My AVAST! anti virus shield popped up and blocked the URL.

I am hoping it isn't related to the Java exploit.

I have two downloads in queue, I hope this isn't trouble.

I tried via Google and got a warning.

I then tried the direct URL and Norton Security didn't have any problems with it.

I have also upgraded to the latest Oracle software.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I tried via Google and got a warning.

I then tried the direct URL and Norton Security didn't have any problems with it.

I have also upgraded to the latest Oracle software.

Alex

I cleared my cache and History and tried opening the site again, again, the anti virus shield popped up with a malware warning.

Infection Details

URL: http://myradia.com:1342/t/9f7d520fd2a44a...

Process: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox...

Infection: URL:Mal

Don't click the link!

Seems like their site was hacked, usual deal nowadays. Give them a day or two to restore/clean up.

Perhaps someone was trying to help them delete non hires on their site.

If someone's got the time to compose one of those Hitler themed video clips where he discovers his download was not hires ... E.g the xbox live one:

Not really significant. Google and security software often give this warning. Many of them are false positives due to some kind of programming intentionally running within the HTML code of the page; some of these warnings mean the site has been hacked.

If it's a hack, it commonly means someone inserted some kind of code into one of the pages (probably the home page) that hijacks the URL request to another site. They just have to find the offending code and clean it up. It takes longer to do when it happens over the weekend of course.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Not really significant. Google and security software often give this warning. Many of them are false positives due to some kind of programming intentionally running within the HTML code of the page; some of these warnings mean the site has been hacked.

If it's a hack, it commonly means someone inserted some kind of code into one of the pages (probably the home page) that hijacks the URL request to another site. They just have to find the offending code and clean it up. It takes longer to do when it happens over the weekend of course.

I contacted Stephan at HD Tracks and alerted him to the problem.

Somebody injected code at hdtracks.com which redirects to a German server , which in turn seems to execute code from newradia.com. I did not follow up further, but it looks extremely fishy and I would stay away from hdtracks until they fixed their landing page.

Primary ::= Nabla music server | Mutec MC-3+USB w/ Temex LPFRS-01 RB clock | WLM Gamma Reference DAC; Secondary ::= Nabla music server | WaveIO | PrismSound Lyra

Virus or simply something off...I told my machine to ignore the warning and then did a deep sweep of my PC and found nothing wrong or off...

Likewise. A complete scan with Norton after finding the site seemed normal.

Alex

P.S.

It is obvious from the later more detailed Google warning that HDtracks is best avoided until HDtracks can advise C.A. members that it is now safe.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

We want to apologize for the trouble you have had accessing the HDtracks store. There was an attempt to hack the site which caused the warning page to appear. The issue was very much contained and addressed immediately with the apparent vulnerability being only via our banner images. No customer info was compromised. This was a minor issue that was resolved safely and with due diligence by our IT team. We want to stress again that customer info was not compromised, content was not compromised. Credit card info is not stored on the site regardless. If you have any continued questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

If you are still seeing the warning when trying to access the site simply refreshing your browser should alleviate the issue.

Thanks For Listening! [br]The HDTracks Team[br]

We want to apologize for the trouble you have had accessing the HDtracks store. There was an attempt to hack the site which caused the warning page to appear. The issue was very much contained and addressed immediately with the apparent vulnerability being only via our banner images. No customer info was compromised. This was a minor issue that was resolved safely and with due diligence by our IT team. We want to stress again that customer info was not compromised, content was not compromised. Credit card info is not stored on the site regardless. If you have any continued questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

If you are still seeing the warning when trying to access the site simply refreshing your browser should alleviate the issue.

Thanks, your customer service team is excellent.