[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Fellow Music Lovers,

My first love has always been music; I can't imagine my life without it. I'm a self-proclaimed music junkie obsessed with sound for as long as I can remember. My life has been enriched by music and I strive to make music more important in people's lives.

MOG, our little company based in Berkeley, California, was given birth by a bunch of folks who were saved by the power of music. MOG is our payback to the artists that have given us so much. Our mission has been simple: Perfect your music-listening experience. For the past four years, we've worked to give users access to the world's collection of music from virtually everywhere. MOG surpasses all other music services in its ease-of-use, discovery features and audio quality - now we're ready to begin the next chapter in MOG's journey.

We're thrilled to announce we are joining forces with Beats™ Electronics LLC, the company co-founded by legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre with Interscope, Geffen, A&M chairman, Jimmy Iovine.

When approached by Beats, we realized it's a company as obsessed with sound quality as we are. Both MOG and Beats share a common goal of creating a more premium sound experience and emotional connection with music in the digital era. To date, Beats has done just that through headphones, speakers, mobile phones, personal computers and automobile sound systems. The addition of MOG's music service to the Beats portfolio will provide a truly end-to-end music experience. Beats is investing in the talent, technology and shared vision the MOG team has built, so subscribers can expect continued excellence from the best music service in the market.

MOG will continue to operate as an independent company with no immediate changes to our music service; there will be no impact on you. You'll continue to have the same access to a vast catalog of unlimited, on-demand, high-quality music from virtually anywhere. Our talented music service team will remain intact, and I'll maintain my role as CEO of MOG. If you have more questions about your MOG subscription specifically, here are more details in our FAQ.I want to personally thank all of you for choosing MOG. Your continued support and feedback have given us the opportunity to share our passion and love for music. Building upon the solid foundation MOG has created, together with Beats, the possibilities around future innovation are endless.

Best Regards,

David Hyman, Founder and CEO, MOG

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Are these the folks that sell overpriced headphones in those shops at the airport you windup looking in when your departure is delayed for 3 hours?

I didn't know they were based in Berkeley. I wonder if I know any of them?

Beats are sold in Apple Stores too...

No electron left behind.

I also worry that HTC's majority ownership in Beats Electronics LLC may focus everything toward mobile with MOG.

I think that's a very likely scenario. Beats' focus is already on mobile in the larger sense (including automotive and laptop audio). The relationship with HP might help maintain a more "computeresque" connection, but it's iffy, IMO. Mobile's where the mass-market money is.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I also worry that HTC's majority ownership in Beats Electronics LLC may focus everything toward mobile with MOG.

As long as they don't screw up what they have now they can go mobile as much as they want. After all, it's probably good for everybody in the music listening arena if they make money.

-Chris

If I understand the history, Beats has the latest pop/rap superstars endorse a product line...like Gaga or Jay-zee...but no one said these guys, Jay-Zee or Gaga, were smart, excepting the obvious, that they make far way more dough than any of us can imagine...obscene amounts of money...

but I understand these products are bass heavy and the band around the top can break...just bullshit.

• 1 month later...

Pity, I was looking forward to try MOG if and when they arrive at Europe.

I don't like Beats be associated with Monster Cable, a company with questionable etics.

I don't like Beats be associated with Monster Cable, a company with questionable etics.

If it helps, Beats and Monster are supposed to be parting ways as of the end of the year. Does it make it better or worse that HTC now has a majority stake in Beats, or that Chrysler and HP also have an interest?

I guess it depends how you like headphones to sound, the kind of music you like, and how much value you assign to flashy cosmetics and branding, but I think you can probably do as well or better sonically, at any of Beats's price points.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

• 1 year later...

So what is the latest with this. I just started a 14 day trial of Mog (again), but now that they have a reasonable selection of classical music, it makes it more worthwhile. But if it just going to deteriorate into pop music and creepy smooth jazz, I'd rather hang on to my wallet.

So what is the latest with this. I just started a 14 day trial of Mog (again), but now that they have a reasonable selection of classical music, it makes it more worthwhile. But if it just going to deteriorate into pop music and creepy smooth jazz, I'd rather hang on to my wallet.

We are all wondering the same thing Bill. I got a few emails a month ago or so telling me that I needed to reserve my name in Beats Music, which MOG will become in January IIRC. Other than that, no one knows anything.

No electron left behind.

Well, I guess the 14 day trial will go beyond Jan 1st. I remembered that thread, but I couldn't find it with the search utility. Sorry.

Thanks. Merry Christmas. I got a bit overheated on today's Mountain bike ride to the ocean and back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9657[/ATTACH]

I also became overheated today when the woman who was volunteering with me started taking layers off as the kitchen warmed up... Sadly, she caught me turning up the thermostat so the layers stopped coming off at a certain point. ;)

We had a warm day, we made it to 24 ℉

you're welcome, merry christmas to you and your family as well. I bet that was a beautiful bike ride!

No electron left behind.