IGNORED

how to search in ca

Guest Claude

Or fully correct, depending on what you exactly mean;

This time (this first link) PeterSt is the Thread Starter, and as we know *that* one works (as it is an officially selectable item in the left pane).

All the other links contain an in-text mentioned "PeterSt" again.

Once again compare with

+dutch +peterst +"CA Academy"

in Google; that shows a more correct list, seen by the "Submitted by PeterSt" texts ...

PeterSt (haha)

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

You're correct. The forum search isn't seeing nicknames in the context of submitter other than author. If PeterSt is not a mentioned word, then PeterSt will only be detected if that's the thread author.

Using Google to find threads where PeterSt is a submitter, and not only a mentioned word, try including +"submitted by peterst".

+dutch +"submitted by peterst" site:www.computeraudiophile.com

• 9 months later...

Now, what to do with the result ? It goes like this for maybe 6 months or so. Quite inconvenient when for example you need to search for an email address, which is about finding spammers. Chris will know. Try "[email protected]". 9000 results today, but I know none of them will be true because the email address doesn't exist.

Totally uninmportant, but it proves my point of it changing all the time. So, the above quote was my complaint about Google changing day per day, and the past weeks I noticed changes again. So, try the "[email protected]" again. Number of results ? 1 today (maybe that will change into 2 because of this post).

Throughout the thread I was pointed to the + thing :

So, the + even solves things like wanting samplerate (and not sample rate). Or the other way around.

Now, I just tried it with +176.4

That still isn't solved (you will get IP addresses as well). Any further hints ? Funnily enough it does solve the [email protected] thing.

Yeah ? well, try it today then. It now all works the exact other way around. So +"[email protected]" or [email protected] both now give 12,700 results.

Or this one :

Search key is :

+peterst +"CA Academy" +vinyl +resolution

Number of results : 9. Aha ...

9 results ? nope, today Google has one result only, and this is the one from this quote (in this thread). Here too, by the time we look at this the result may be 2 because of this post.

So ... Not really a big issue, but I find it useless to say the least when we rely on a means of finding things and interpreting the (number of the) results, while suddenly the behavior changes and you don't know this.

In addition to that, right now things just can't be found anymore, like in the last example.

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

As the site becomes more successful and continues to grow, this will become even more of a problem. A couple of thoughts I have are enhanced internal site search (e.g., an advanced internal search with various options to narrow things down, such as the commenter and date ranges as well as search phrases), and instructions on how to use that search included in the site FAQ.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Same here! Google is not working as it did when we discussed this last year. I've tried omitting some terms from your example query and various permutations of quoting/not quoting each word, prepending/not prepending words with +. The results are no longer as expected. Hopefully, there's a temporary glitch which will be resolved soon.

Now I wonder how many of my recent searches haven't revealed things which are out there on the web.

Yea, you could have been sooo much wiser by now eh ?

But it is true. Currently it is very hard to find something, either because no results are there, or because of too many trees to see the bush (which may be too much of dutch).

XXHighEnd (developer)

Try bing

Leaving out the +"CA Academy" since it appears in the left sidebar of most pages of the site.

bing gives 20 results which appear to be correct.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=%2Bpeterst+%2Bvinyl+%2Bresolution&go=&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=%2Bpeterst+%2Bvinyl+%2Bresolution&sc=1-27&sp=-1&sk=

Now make it site specific. 171 results which appear to be correct.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=%2Bpeterst+%2Bvinyl+%2Bresolution+site%3Awww.computeraudiophile.com&go=&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=%2Bpeterst+%2Bvinyl+%2Bresolution+site%3Awww.computeraudiophile.com&sc=0-27&sp=-1&sk=

I didn't try it with these examples, but if you let loose some to you known strings on it, you could be surprised about the results (for the better I'd say).

XXHighEnd (developer)

Just saying ... all now works as it should. Hard to explain, but let's say I can now find everyting easily (without Google I mean).

XXHighEnd (developer)