IGNORED

JPlay - a Player for Windows

yep

I notice in windows 7 WASAPI Direct link ( buffer of only 1 sample) is possible which was only possible before under KS ( kernel Streaming)

There is actually no reason anymore to belief MACs or Apples sound better than Windows 7. Windows plus JPlay equals now or is even better than Mac's or Apples in musical sound quality.

My DAC (Meitner) supports Class 2 USB audio, therefore it came with Kernal, ASIO & WASAPI drivers, which I downloaded. Currently I am using JRiver MC17 and using ASIO as my output mode, recommended by Meitner. When I switch the output mode to Kernal Streaming in JRiver, I don't get music.

My question to you is: Is your software usable for me? Of course I would prefer to keep using JRiver in conjunction with your product, but in the end it is all about the sound for me and nothing else. I am just curious whether or not I am out of luck here.

Thanks,

Bob

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Actually it doesn't give me a playback error at all....I simply get no sound whatsoever. I didn't try WASAPI....mainly because it doesn't appear to show up in my output mode selections. Is WASAPI 'Wave Out' in JRiver?

Bob

EDIT: I found WASAPI.....same thing, no sound, no error message.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

That's very encouraging! I'll give it a go. Should I just run it with JPlay....bypassing JRiver altogether?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob, is Meitner set as default device?

Go to ‘Playback devices’ (right-click on speaker icon in lower right corner of your desktop), select your DAC, right-click on it and set as default. Once you do that, double-click on the default device, go to ‘advanced’ tab and make sure that ‘Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device’ and ‘Give exclusive mode applications priority’ fields are ticked.

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

SoundQCar,

weird, and even more when Marcin seems to think it works with Jplay.

You can have both applications running at the same time.

But only one player will be able to output audio at a given time.

With the new version of Jplay, you can use one of these UIs :

-> iTunes

-> Foobar

-> Jplay own minimalistic UI

I suggest you just try with this one (also called Jplay mini if I am correct) for compatibility tests with your dac.

Elp

Set it up per Marcin's instructions. Should be good to go now.

I'll report back.

Thanks for all the help.

Bob

Along with an interface I like, the reason I use foobar more often than other players is that it has plugins that enable me to play almost every type of file I have. Do these work with JPLAY?

Auctioneer: How much do I hear?[br]Audience member: That\'s metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?[br] — The Firesign Theatre, [br] Don\'t Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

OK, at least they'll play without shutting down and/or making terrible noises. And you are working on the MLP, DSD, etc. support, right? Easiest thing in the world, right?

Auctioneer: How much do I hear?[br]Audience member: That\'s metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?[br] — The Firesign Theatre, [br] Don\'t Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

I think that more and more DACs will support it. They will probably learn how to do it without undue difficulty, and there's a good chance that it will eventually be a marketing necessity in some circles. If you can do on-the-fly conversion to PCM like Foobar, most DACs will support.

I also predict further increases in software availability from both legitimate and illegitimate sources.

To Confirm Marcin's "it should work" and comfort users, I have fully tested JPlay and also with the Apple Remote. It works perfectly with both iTunes (native Remote support) and foobar 1.1 (with Wintense component+Bonjour installed).

There is only one detail to raise: when the track is on pause, it does not display the current position but "0" (start) position. After you restart, it resumes at the correct position. This is a very minor drawback from the integration method.

Regards,

Musiq

Musiq Audiophile Blog

Music system: optimzed W7x64 dual core PC for audio, misc transports/dacs/cables, Vecteur amp, ProAc D28

Does JPlay work with any Android variants? I'd balk at purchasing it unless I could control it remotely.

Bob