IGNORED

How Many High Resolution Album Downloads Have You Purchased

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I am a lawyer...

and I am purchasing all of the hi-res music to enhance my client's enjoyment in the "waiting room." Can I write this off too! I hope so."

Maybe you can write off 15 minutes worth for each of the clients who are simultaneously listening in the waiting room?

about 40+ albums from HD Tracks, small amount from Blue coast, 40 tracks from AIX.

All have been very enjoyable to listen to, especially the Warner material of late (Jun 2011) from HD tracks. The Stones albums are a collection just waiting for the remainder to be released to complete.

Albums I would have heard on the radio, never really motivated to buy at the time, but as time goes by, tastes change, some nostalgia in there as well of course.

Downloading, and especially high rez is very convenient and simple. Some albums I buy to compare the high rez and the CD, for example Deep Purple 'Machine head' is night and day to the CD, completely different mix and sound quality.

I don't understand the controversy about upsampling cd material, just listen, it's radically different, cleaner, dynamics all that in the soup, you cannot get that ambience by upsampling, not possible!!

You need to get to the master tapes (or a copy of them) and start over.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Cat 6

Places from I have downloaded the most:

1.- eClassical

2.- HDTracks

At a distance,

3.- Channel Classics

4.- Linn Records

5.- Qobuz

Digital Sources: Linn Klimax DS and Audio Note CDT3 + Audio Note DAC 4.1x balanced.[br] Analog Source: Clearaudio Innovation + SME V tonearm + Benz Micro LP S cartridge.[br]Plinius Tautoro Preamp. - Plinius SA Reference Amp.[br]Dynaudio Sapphire Speakers + Velodyne Ultra Subwoofer.[br]Powercords: Elrod Statement Gold.[br]Interconnects and Speaker cables: Kubala-Sosna Elation.[br]Dedicated Power lines for HiFi Stuff.