IGNORED

Get rid of that old circuit breaker

Per the recommendation of my electrician neighbor, I replaced my old breaker.  And, of course, I got better sound.  Especially noticeable with the vinyl rig.

Maybe I just had a really old or bad breaker, but for a few bucks might be worth a try for others.

Assuming I am not imaging all this, I am curious as to how a breaker change makes a difference.  Must involve carbon.

Old breakers have quite a few connections including a thermal element. Over many years, the connections degrade due to spiked voltages in excess of the device’s rated voltage. 
This creates a breakdown in the conductors and insulation of the device, forming a noise source, created from a small spark. The conduction drops, device heats up, so all round, time to replace the breaker. 

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

On 5/16/2024 at 12:13 PM, bobfa said:

If you have the old breaker, try putting it back and just tightening the screw on the wire appropriately.  It is an enlightening experience to tighten all the connections in the breaker panel.   Take proper electrical safety measures!!!  Follow all local regulations.

(the emphasis is added by me)

In Japan, electrician license is necessary to unscrew/screw the terminal screw of ECB on the home electrical panel. the fastening torque should be managed and within specification range, if it is too weak it generates heat and it is too tight the insulating plastic will easily crack (it is fragile, special material with thermosetting property, urea formaldehyde resin) https://www.meti.go.jp/policy/safety_security/industrial_safety/sangyo/electric/files/1-3keibi.pdf

Sunday programmer since 1985

Developer of PlayPcmWin