IGNORED

Introducing the Sonore opticalRendu Deluxe

6 minutes ago, sandston said:

WOW!!!!! Just simply wow!!! I have never seen a company with such integrity and pride. Such a proud owner of the original MicroRendu, OpticalRendu and now OpticalRendu 2. I swear my system sounds noticeably better this morning. Probably expectation bias but as long as we don't tell the guys on ASR we will survive this together.

There is no fun in ordinary. 

That reminds me...If you want the best out this product you need the best power supply you can afford. Event the guys at ASR know this;)

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

@vortecjr I’m all in; even if I don’t qualify for a free upgrade.

Would this swap out be the equivalent of purchasing a new Signature Rendu SE Optical V3? You guys had to swap out my MB/CPU to get Sonic Orbiter OS V2.9 to run. I had to send it to Andrew.

V3 would = Deluxe

I just have to discuss this change with Adrian my VP who handles the logistics of the Signature Rendu. 

3 hours ago, MartinT said:

As a UK owner of a Signature Rendu SE (superb product), will you be providing upgrade kits to the UK importer Audiostore? It would be good not to have to ship the unit to the US.

We are working with them on updates so yes it can be done. 

2 hours ago, BlueDL said:

So, to be clear then, there will definitely be no upgrade offered to owners of the standard opticalRendu?  The only option would be to sell it then purchase this latest incarnation? 

I don't see this right now because we have a limited number of boards for current orders and Signature Rendu SE updates. After that we need to sell units at full price to cover our investment and pay bills. 

On 3/13/2024 at 12:24 AM, Guy M said:

I was waiting for an optical rendu de luxe powered by the standard SGC 7v power supply and I’ d like to try a better ps to hopefully having a better sound. I heard the Sonore ps is great but at $1100cad (before delivery), it is a bit too much, Anybody is using a significantly better 7v ps (than the SGC one) without an astronomic price on the OR? Was thinking about the TeddyPardo mini. Anybody did try its with the ps with the OR? Other suggestions?

These are a very good option:

https://sonore-us.myshopify.com/products/ciaudio-7vdc-mkii-power-supply?_pos=1&_sid=0ecff3918&_ss=r

11 hours ago, Superdad said:

The Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe.

Wow, that’s a mouthful of a name!

Reminds me of a classic muscle car I owned and restored 25 years ago, a 1966 Chevrolet whose full model name was Chevelle Malibu El Camino Deluxe. 
It was a screamer, not a streamer—but I wished I still had it.  Sold it to become Superdad…x-D

It was actually car inspired:) Those are cool cars…my mt biking buddies have a pair and everywhere we go they get looks and comments. 

11 hours ago, Superdad said:

The Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe.

Wow, that’s a mouthful of a name!

Clarifying things on the name. All the optical network in and USB audio output based units are named Signature Rendu SE on the front panel of the enclosure. The Deluxe part is only a designation on the data plate on the bottom of the unit so can track the current upgrade. 

8 hours ago, Guy M said:

Hello,

I just received my Optical Rendu de Luxe (with SGC generic FMC & SGC power supply) to replace my Zen Stream / SBooster combo and I have a few questions :

First, the Optical Rendu de Luxe has more details and I can hear more ‘nuances’ in the music. Instruments are also better defined. It is a better streamer. However, the sound is a bit ‘clinical’...and less ‘emotional’. Therefore, I was wondering :

1. Do you know if the OR needs some burn-in? It sounds a bit ‘cold’ (like an ‘un-burn’ Dac).
  2. I suspect the SBooster is a better power supply than the SGC one. If I buy a better ps (ex : Claudio ps on the Sonore site. Some are saying it is almost as good as the Sonore one. Is it?), will it help for the ‘clinical sound’?
  3. Do you think an Optical module (instead of the generic FMC) can help that aspect? In my mind, it should not as it is on the dirty side but I was wondering.

To be clear, I do not look for more details (the OR has plenty) but for a ‘warmer’ sound (with the details / nuances of the OR, it would be fantastic).

Thanks.

PS English is not my first language

1. For burn in you can run high sample rate DSD though the unit in a loop. This will get the cpu cycles up and heat the board. 

2. I spoke with Andrew at SGC early last week and explained that their power supply does not have the type of synergy that the opticalRendu Deluxe will need and that our customers will demand. The opticalRendu Deluxe is exceptionlly good and it needs a power supply that is comparable. I consider the SGC power supply a starter supply that should be replaced with a higher quality unit as soon as possible. I recommend that purchase a Sonore power supply or use the SBoster power supply. With the SBoster power supply use 6 VDC or 7 VDC. I do not recommend 9 VDC as the unit will run very hot. Do not use any voltage higher than 9 VDC.

3. I use the opticalModule Deluxe in combination and all testing here is done in combination. The SGC power supply or the CIA power supply would be appropriate.  

There is no magic dial to increase and decrease detail or warmth. What we are trying to do is accurately stream the audio without adding noise so the next device can properly do its job. The power supply plays a huge role and it sounds like you are on the right track looking for a better one.     

For the record

From a hardware design process point of view there is never a conversation about dialing in the stream for some desired treble, mid-base, base or anything in-between. Doing this would be disingenuous. BTW We have been wrongfully accused of doing this in the past:)

21 hours ago, Superdad said:

No “waving” at all. Just very focused and technical engineering refinements!

[John and I spend many hours per week on the phone, and when he is immersed in work on a Sonore project it often takes him some time to debrief (it’s part of his brain process) before we get to discussing status of UpTone projects. There is also some overlapping tech to learn so it’s interesting to me. I’m sworn to secrecy, but I can assure that there is no voodoo or snake oil involved—just brilliantly inspired engineering based on decades of his experience in digital design. B|]

Funny he tells me all your secret projects:)  

2 hours ago, kurb1980 said:

Hi Jesus 

As a customer who had purchased ultrarendu then opticalRendu what are the advantages of deluxe version vs the opticalRendu run?  I’m on so2.9 with opticalRendu is it worth the move to the deluxe?  Have you done a comparison between the two subjectively can you hear a difference.  Objectively does it outperform it in noise, thermals, and etc?  I appreciate any insights and thankful for your support.

My VP emailed me after a weekend of listening and says the Deluxe is substantially better.
I have also been listening to it and I wish everyone could experience it.

We have various measurements but we are not going to share them.