IGNORED

About CPU frequency function on the sMS-200 and sMS-200ultra, 

We’ve tested it with the following settings, 
- Set Network speed 1Gbps(when set the Network speed 100Mbps, it had an issue, so it should be tested with 1Gbs.)
- Enabled the latency tune 
- Used Roon ready. (When used the app such as required faster processing like LMS, MinimServer, BubbleUPnP Server, it requires high frequency. When used the app such as Roon ready, MPD, HQplayer, Shairport, LibreSpot, Squeezelite(not LMS) , they would work with this setting environment. .
- And the kernel version no. is 6.1.60-211(it's currently in our beta server)

Result.
- The unit works upto 312Mhz, it becomes slow, but no problems for operations and playback.
- But the frequency set below 312Mhz, the unit itself became slower so even accessing to the web gui is difficult. There is 144Mhz set available when set below 312Mhz CPU frequency, but this 144Mhz selection has an issue such as when trying to accessing to the Web gui or doing other tasks while playing music, it’s impossible to do it, so 144Mhz set option will be removed in the next upgrade.

Conclusion.
- When tested with 312MHz, we can achieve the best sound quality. Compared to the default setting, we can proudly say the sound upgrade with CPU frequency settings is more than twice. Considering the price of the product, it was good enough before, but if you set up CPU FREQUECY, then I would say it is the best value for money.

7 hours ago, Philippe Bill said:

May,

is there an audible difference between 312MHz and 528Mhz ?

We've tested it in the kernel version 6.1.60-211, what is your kernel version? and you've tested it with Auto-negotiation On and 1Ghz network speed?

will you test it on the  best server? the latest kernel version is now available in our beta server.. 

1. Access to http://<ip address>/beta.php and then enable the beta server.

2. Go to the System config page, and then update the kernel(click the kernel check button)

3. Check the kernel version number is now updated to be 6.1.60-211 and test it out.

4. Once finished the test, don’t forget to disable the beta server, you can connect to http://<ip address>/beta.php again for disabling the beta server.

Thank you.

On 1/18/2024 at 7:14 AM, MayfromSOtM said:

kernel version 6.1.60-211

With this kernel version and cpu frequency set to 312MHz (on sms200 Neo) it works fine using MPD&DLNA but using HQPlayer NAA (4.5.0, the last one) after few minutes a lot of noise arise with music … like something is frying 

… network speed is set to 1Gb/s

Stefano

My audio system

17 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

With this kernel version and cpu frequency set to 312MHz (on sms200 Neo) it works fine using MPD&DLNA but using HQPlayer NAA (4.5.0, the last one) after few minutes a lot of noise arise with music … like something is frying 

… network speed is set to 1Gb/s

yes, depends on the app/programs, suitable frequencies could be different..

16 hours ago, Philippe Bill said:

we should have the minimum CPU frequency by software (without having to test it on our side)

yes, so we consider removing the value below 312Mhz. And depends on the app/programs, settings suitable frequency value could be different, so it should be tested for proper use.

On 1/22/2024 at 7:35 PM, Philippe Bill said:

if we only use Roon
is it useful to uninstall MPD, Shairport,..

If the function is not activated (running), it will have VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY little effect which is hard to catch up by even golden ears. In short, it doesn't matter.

Should we use the highest frequency that still maintains stability?

My system (NAS > sMS-200 > Modius DAC) seems stable at 100BASE-T and 312Mhz CPU speed, using MinimServer and BubbleUPnP.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.

10 hours ago, audiobomber said:

Should we use the highest frequency that still maintains stability?

My system (NAS > sMS-200 > Modius DAC) seems stable at 100BASE-T and 312Mhz CPU speed, using MinimServer and BubbleUPnP.

yes, I would say it's upto you. Our conclusion is using Roon, 1000BASE-T and 312Mhz settings, but other users had shared that using "Roon, 1000BASE-T and 144Mhz settings",  "MPD/DLNA, 1000BASE-T and 528MHz" or some other configurations brought the improvement in their system, so it's upto you. :)

thank you!

5 hours ago, Philippe Bill said:

May,

My System (NAS > Nuc/Roon > SMS200Ultra) do not accept 312Mhz CPU speed !! The minimum is 528Mhz (Kernel 6.1.60-211)
With 312Mhz, the sMS-200 is blocked, I don't understand the cause of this problem

what network setting is applied? 

14 minutes ago, Philippe Bill said:

The setting seems okay, I recommend having a new micro sd card and install the latest image file on it for further test.. Because if Roon ready does not actually use the Web GUI, it will run at the slowest frequency(144MHz)...so I assumed maybe in your case, it's because something else is going on internally and that's why I'm telling you to try it with new mSD card again.

9 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

I recommend having a new micro sd card and install the latest image file on it for further test.. 

so I have a new sd card with the latest image with the new Kernel
- 528Mhz version works perfectly

- but with the 312Mhz version
I see Eunhasu on the network
the sMS-200 communicates via USB (volume)
but impossible to access the web Gui
and after a few minutes Eunhasu disappears from the network

On 1/27/2024 at 12:44 AM, Philippe Bill said:

so I have a new sd card with the latest image with the new Kernel
- 528Mhz version works perfectly

- but with the 312Mhz version
I see Eunhasu on the network
the sMS-200 communicates via USB (volume)
but impossible to access the web Gui
and after a few minutes Eunhasu disappears from the network

after disappeared Eunhasu, playback stopped ? the unit seems disconnected from the network? 

hi

After a long absence for personal reasons, I am resuming my Hifi installation
I have an SMS 200 Ultra neo.
I use HQ Player like NAA.
I don't understand this CPU frequency option.
What frequency should I use? It looks like it's 528.
is there an option to put in performance?

why have frequencies higher than 528? Who is it intended for?

please tell me the best choice for my use