IGNORED

Introducing Lossless Audio with Apple Vision Pro & AirPods Pro

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Interesting that Apple has reduced the bit depth to, I’m guessing, save bandwidth. 20 bits is most likely enough in this application. 

I hated CD players until HDCD came out, so that 4 bits does matter. Apples Bluetooth SQ  limitations are pretty frustrating, sounds like a proprietary

Bluetooth alternative to keep users buying into the Apple eco system.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

6 minutes ago, davide256 said:

I hated CD players until HDCD came out, so that 4 bits does matter. Apples Bluetooth SQ  limitations are pretty frustrating, sounds like a proprietary

Bluetooth alternative to keep users buying into the Apple eco system.

I think the best DACs can reproduce a maximum of 20-21 bits before the thermal noise of the electronics come into play. 

HDCD got up to 20 bits right?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

11 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think the best DACs can reproduce a maximum of 20-21 bits before the thermal noise of the electronics come into play. 

HDCD got up to 20 bits right?

Yes. What killed it was the over complexity of engineering to master an added 4 bits into least significant bit of a 16 bit recording and that the full feature set for playback

was proprietary to Pacific Microsonic chips. Reference Recordings is one of the few remaining sources of new HDCD's

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Nura had introduced the NuraTrue 2 and it was going to do lossless Bluetooth, but then Denon bought them and they evaporated before I could try them. I think Denon is starting to introduce  the former Nura line under their own brand. If you want a decent wireless earbuds then look there.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open