IGNORED

Anyone Receive Their Fitlet3 or a Time Frame Yet?

Jud

Most recent info I have from correspondence with Compulab near the end of October was that they hadn't started manufacturing yet and were facing "slight delays."  Anyone heard anything more recent (including more recent correspondence that they haven't started up yet)?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

In September I received email of the delay and that they would update with projected dates when they have some estimate to share.

I guess they are suffering the global component shortage. And I wouldn't bet surprised if there are also some delays from Intel.

I ordered mine at the beginning of February.

Aaeon was quicker to ship UP 4000 board which is similar product. Although they don't have their Fitlet3 style "system" product based on the UP 4000 board available for order yet:

https://up-board.org/up-4000/?UP4000System

Likely for similar reasons.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

9 minutes ago, Miska said:

Aaeon was quicker to ship UP 4000 board which is similar product. Although they don't have their Fitlet3 style "system" product based on the UP 4000 board available for order yet:

https://up-board.org/up-4000/?UP4000System

Likely for similar reasons.

However they don't show an option for optical Ethernet input, which is the main attraction of the Fitlet for me.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 minutes ago, Jud said:

However they don't show an option for optical Ethernet input, which is the main attraction of the Fitlet for me.

Yes, that's the case. That's the advantage of Fitlet.

On new UP there won't be direct USB VBUS feeds either, so it gets closer to Fitlet2/Fitlet3 in that respect too. Since these use 12V PSUs, instead of the 5V.

So far, my solution has been to use UP Gateway for Holo Audio where you have isolation for USB. And for other cases I've been using Intona USB isolator. And yes, the Intona really works, objectively.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Miska said:

My fitlet3 is now on the way, received shipping notification today!

Christmas in March!  (-;

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Finally, after a long wait, arrived at super speed:

image.thumb.png.7f98878bbf5678685b51fe1e4ad4a0f6.png

I wouldn’t suppose measurements would be any different with medical grade vs. original power supply, but will be curious to learn whether that’s true.

13 minutes ago, Jud said:

I wouldn’t suppose measurements would be any different with medical grade vs. original power supply, but will be curious to learn whether that’s true.

Agreed, I would be curious to see how the original power supply measures and if I need something fancy. I do have an older spared IFI IPower + 12v4a PSU.

• 1 month later...

Curious who else may have received their Fitlet3, and when you ordered. (I ordered in August, eagerly awaiting shipment notification. 🙂)

I was looking at the Fitlet3 as a Roon Rock server with the potential to run Euphony in my second system. With the delays I ended up picking up one of these $250 Mele mini computers off Amazon. Got Roon Rock onto it last night with little issue. Will be trying to install and run Euphony here in a couple days. I predominately stream Tidal and Qobuz with occasional up-sampling. Will be comparing to my older 7th gen, 2 core i7 NUC in fanless case to see if there is any noticeable sound delta. Left it running music last night with 2X upsampling in Roon and its just the slightest bit warm this morning. There is a version of this same computer in an even smaller case but be warned the power input is USB C not the more common 2.1mm/2.5mm barrel connector. Its a bit less monies however. See second link.

https://www.amazon.com/MeLE-QuieterHD3-Computer-Ethernet-Business/dp/B0B6P731J9/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2DSEWQD1J7NBV&keywords=Mele%2Bfanless%2Bpc%2Bquad%2Bcore&qid=1683724905&s=electronics&sprefix=mele%2Bfanless%2Bpc%2Bquad%2Bcore%2Celectronics%2C144&sr=1-8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/MeLE-Quieter3C-Computer-Function-Industrial/dp/B0B73LCVBC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3H6EAW2S1EH08&keywords=fanless%2Bpc%2Bquad%2Bcore&qid=1683475286&refinements=p_n_feature_thirty-five_browse-bin%3A35913669011%2Cp_n_feature_twenty-three_browse-bin%3A7817224011%2Cp_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A1264444011%2Cp_n_feature_seventeen_browse-bin%3A23697638011&rnid=23697635011&s=pc&sprefix=fanless%2Bpc%2Bquad%2Bcore%2Caps%2C142&sr=1-1-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNVpLUkU0RDFCSTFXJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDM2ODI4UFU3OFZTODhMWDBRJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2NTMxNDkzTVMyUkw5TDM1NkVTJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant

41 minutes ago, sandston said:

I was looking at the Fitlet3 as a Roon Rock server with the potential to run Euphony in my second system. With the delays I ended up picking up one of these $250 Mele mini computers off Amazon. Got Roon Rock onto it last night with little issue. Will be trying to install and run Euphony here in a couple days. I predominately stream Tidal and Qobuz with occasional up-sampling. Will be comparing to my older 7th gen, 2 core i7 NUC in fanless case to see if there is any noticeable sound delta. Left it running music last night with 2X upsampling in Roon and its just the slightest bit warm this morning. There is a version of this same computer in an even smaller case but be warned the power input is USB C not the more common 2.1mm/2.5mm barrel connector. Its a bit less monies however. See second link.

https://www.amazon.com/MeLE-QuieterHD3-Computer-Ethernet-Business/dp/B0B6P731J9/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2DSEWQD1J7NBV&keywords=Mele%2Bfanless%2Bpc%2Bquad%2Bcore&qid=1683724905&s=electronics&sprefix=mele%2Bfanless%2Bpc%2Bquad%2Bcore%2Celectronics%2C144&sr=1-8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/MeLE-Quieter3C-Computer-Function-Industrial/dp/B0B73LCVBC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3H6EAW2S1EH08&keywords=fanless%2Bpc%2Bquad%2Bcore&qid=1683475286&refinements=p_n_feature_thirty-five_browse-bin%3A35913669011%2Cp_n_feature_twenty-three_browse-bin%3A7817224011%2Cp_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A1264444011%2Cp_n_feature_seventeen_browse-bin%3A23697638011&rnid=23697635011&s=pc&sprefix=fanless%2Bpc%2Bquad%2Bcore%2Caps%2C142&sr=1-1-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNVpLUkU0RDFCSTFXJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDM2ODI4UFU3OFZTODhMWDBRJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2NTMxNDkzTVMyUkw5TDM1NkVTJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

There are lots of minicomputers available, but my reason for the Fitlet3 is the available optical Ethernet input. Haven’t been able to find that in another minicomputer in this price range.

I missed the SFP option. That is an exciting option. 

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant

5 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

Ordered back in April 2022, almost forgotten I had ordered it. hahahaha

If you're on the same 13-month schedule as Miska, this could be the month. 🙂

Not Miska but I believe these are your answers for Linux Mint:

1. Download networkaudiod_4.4.0-56_amd64.deb from jammy or any of the other Linux naa directories updated March 19th 2023.

2. Open a terminal where you downloaded the deb file.  Then do sudo dpkg -i networkaudiod_4.4.0-56_amd64.deb to install.  After that start and enable networkaudiod (sudo systemctl start networkaudiod and sudo systemctl enable networkaudiod).

Question for @Miska, or @dericchan1 tomorrow: What is the inside diameter spec for the barrel plug of the fitlet3's power adapter? I'm guessing it's 2.1mm or 2.5 mm, but which? (Thinking I will buy an inexpensive CUI power supply and try it, and want to get the correct one.)

Edit: Never mind, found the spec.  It's 2.5mm.

45 minutes ago, Jud said:

Question for @Miska, or @dericchan1 tomorrow: What is the inside diameter spec for the barrel plug of the fitlet3's power adapter? I'm guessing it's 2.1mm or 2.5 mm, but which? (Thinking I will buy an inexpensive CUI power supply and try it, and want to get the correct one.)

Edit: Never mind, found the spec.  It's 2.5mm.

It actually comes with a stock 12v3a psu. Perhaps that is pretty decent as well.