IGNORED

Building NAA for HQplayer

kwatch

21 hours ago, Miska said:

All current BIOS should pass the regular power button messages so that HQPlayer OS / NAA OS initiates nice shutdown on short button press. For hard power-off, you would usually hold the button down 10 seconds. This is pretty much standard. In some BIOS you can set power button to immediately force hard power off. But usually that's not a problem either.

For security reasons there's no default password.

Hi Miska,

The initial question was to shut down the naa pc over ssh,is there where is asking for password.Someone says should create a user prior to connect to naa over ssh.

1 hour ago, danielB said:

The initial question was to shut down the naa pc over ssh,is there where is asking for password.Someone says should create a user prior to connect to naa over ssh.

If you want to access HQPlayer OS over ssh, you first need to create a user account with password through local console.

But HQPlayer OS anyway has shutdown option in the web interface, so this shouldn't be necessary.

If you are using something else than HQPlayer OS, then it is within scope of the particular OS rather than HQPlayer.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

If you want to access HQPlayer OS over ssh, you first need to create a user account with password through local console.

But HQPlayer OS anyway has shutdown option in the web interface, so this shouldn't be necessary.

If you are using something else than HQPlayer OS, then it is within scope of the particular OS rather than HQPlayer.

I am using naa os,but i guess is easier to move to hqplayer os as naa than to mess with naa os.

Thank you.

30 minutes ago, danielB said:

I am using naa os,but i guess is easier to move to hqplayer os as naa than to mess with naa os.

IIRC, both have have ssh installed the same way these days. But please note that this won't work on the ramfs image of NAA OS, because it is read-only rootfs, so anything you modify will get reset on next reboot. OTOH, if you are using ramfs image, there's nothing to shutdown, you can just safely pull the power plug. (and also pretty much safely pull the plug anyway, regardless)

7 hours ago, bogi said:

An alternative solution is to install Win10 or Win11 on UP Gateway, Windows version of NAA and Windows driver which works on your HQPlayer computer (it seems to be Windows from your picture), if you installed it separately.

I do have Windows 10 on the UP (I boot from a USB stick for the Linux NAA) so I may play with that for the fun of it, but since it now does what I want without putting the NAA in-between my server and the DAC,  is there any advantage to using the NAA instead of the HDMI from the server?

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have recently purchased holo audio cyan 2 and hqplayer desktop. Now, I am planning to have a raspberry pi 4 as naa. 

I followed the instructions and downloaded naa images, burned it with etcher but pi4(b, 8gb ram, version 1.4) was not able to boot. I tried image versions 4.5, 4.6 and 5.0. I also tried Hqplayer OS, no success. I got 4 green light blinks in sequences, and if I understand correctly that means some issue with boot image.

As a next step I tried Ropieee to test if my pi 4 is defective. I managed to boot Ropieee and set as naa. Working with roon->hqplayer desktop->ropiee naa-> cyan2.  I used the same sd card and etcher.  Pleaese can you help me to understand why I could install Ropieee but no Hqplayer Naa? I would prefer to use the hqplayer naa image.

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, dbarna said:

I have recently purchased holo audio cyan 2 and hqplayer desktop. Now, I am planning to have a raspberry pi 4 as naa. 

I followed the instructions and downloaded naa images, burned it with etcher but pi4(b, 8gb ram, version 1.4) was not able to boot. I tried image versions 4.5, 4.6 and 5.0. I also tried Hqplayer OS, no success. I got 4 green light blinks in sequences, and if I understand correctly that means some issue with boot image.

Did you extract the .img file from the 7-Zip archive first?

If you are on Windows, you can also try to use Rufus for writing the image. But if some other image worked with Etcher, so should mine. However, the boot system on my images is different than what for example RaspbianOS uses.

I extracted the image files and I also tried Rufus. No success. I am on windows. Etcher managed to flash the image to sd card and the verification was successful. My board is Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4. I bought it second hand. 

7 hours ago, dbarna said:

I extracted the image files and I also tried Rufus. No success. I am on windows. Etcher managed to flash the image to sd card and the verification was successful. My board is Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4. I bought it second hand. 

OK, no idea then why it wouldn't work. Most of mine are 4 GB models. AFAIK, there are no other differences between the RPi4 models. Supported hardware with the image:

RPi 4 Model B

RPi 400

RPi CM4

RPi CM4s

But it could have something to do with the bootloader. NAA OS uses different bootloader than for example Raspbian OS.

7 hours ago, dbarna said:

I know pi 5 is an overkill for naa and you plan to release an image for pi 5. Will that come in the near future?

Yes, I will make NAA OS build once it is mature enough. Currently in beta.

Meanwhile, you can install the regular bookworm package on Raspbian Lite OS (which is bookworm based).

5 minutes ago, dbarna said:

I managed to make some progress after the update but I still do not see the naa has been connected to the network. I switched all the firewalls and vpn off.

Do you have some DAC or other audio hardware connected to it? Is the DAC powered on and the USB input selected?

If HQPlayer doesn't show any devices for Network Audio Adapter backend, please try also the IPv6 one, it is usually better option. If there are no audio devices behind a NAA, then no devices are shown, but HQPlayer still reports finding the actual NAA in the log file.

20 minutes ago, dbarna said:

I managed to connect a monitor to the pi 4. 

I have the following on screen:

Seems like it is not recognizing the boot media at all...

Just to check, you are trying to boot this up from microSD card, inserted in to microSD slot, are you?

On 4/8/2024 at 6:40 AM, dbarna said:

Yes, I use the micro sd slot. Raspberry Pi OS also could be installed. I tried 2 different sd cards.

When you load Raspberry Pi OS, can you open a terminal and run "sudo apt update" and then "sudo apt full-upgrade"

That should also update the firmware as well as the Operating System. 

Maybe then you can try your choice of Operating System. 

i5 7600 fanless pc running Ubuntu 22.04 and HQPlayer Desktop > Cisco switch > 10Gtek fibre network > Raspberry Pi4 HQPlayerNAA > IFi purifier 3 > SRC-DX > Chord Qutest > Jotunheim 2 preamplifier > Ncore monoblocks > KEF R5 speakers.

10 hours ago, dbarna said:

Please can you check if you have Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4 and what is you bootloader version? 

It’s labeled model B but nothing for Rev. I don’t know how to determine boot loader

sorry

11 hours ago, blueninjasix said:

When you load Raspberry Pi OS, can you open a terminal and run "sudo apt update" and then "sudo apt full-upgrade"

That should also update the firmware as well as the Operating System. 

Maybe then you can try your choice of Operating System. 

Thank you for the hint! I run those commands and after that I tried to install the naa but still no success. I think I will try to trade it for a 4gb version. 

I have tried and tried but am unsuccessful in getting either of my 2 Fitlet2’s  to boot @Miska’s latest 5.0.0 NAA image from microSD.  I am careful to download the 7z file, unzip with 7zip and multiple flashes from balenaetcher, Rufus, and raspberry pi imager all unsuccessful - the bios doesn’t seem to even recognize the SD as bootable - although SD is selectable in boot order.  

I don’t have any issues booting the same NAA image from USB- I was just playing around with the microsd option for lower power consumption/theoretical lower noise.

Has anyone else had success with Fitlet2 booting NAA from microSD?

I checked the bios version on the fitlet2 and I am on the latest.  I also tried both micro SDHC and SDXC cards 32gb and 64gb respectively.

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.

3 minutes ago, cpcat said:

I have tried and tried but am unsuccessful in getting either of my 2 Fitlet2’s  to boot @Miska’s latest 5.0.0 NAA image from microSD.  I am careful to download the 7z file, unzip with 7zip and multiple flashes from balenaetcher, Rufus, and raspberry pi imager all unsuccessful - the bios doesn’t seem to even recognize the SD as bootable - although SD is selectable in boot order. 

You could try with USB attached SDcard reader. It should look exactly same as regular USB memory stick to the BIOS and OS.

Kingston for example makes tiny metal cased readers that are suitable.