IGNORED

Article: Streaming Services Through HQPlayer Natively

3 hours ago, firedog said:

Okay, but what's needed to run the Client on, say, a laptop, that doesn't have the Desktop version installed? Is there a standalone version of the client? 

I'm asking b/c I tried running it on a laptop, and I'm getting error messages that I need all sorts of .dll files from the desktop installation for it to run. 

I used the client on my Mac. I only installed the client, not full desktop. However, you can do a full install of desktop and client, but only use the client that doesn’t require a license. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, Pashmeister said:

Is it possible to control Qobuz music through the HQPDControl app? I can only play/pause/skip but not search for albums/artists. It would be awesome if this is possible. I could unsubscribe from Roon. 

I believe @Ales Prochazka is looking at this to see if it’s possible. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

12 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

So one has to use the client to control HQPlayer and then Qobuz via the embedded SW ?

So you will need an extra PC, or does there exist an IOS client ?

Edit

Just read the article one more time. Will test with the client on my PC. I see this is a requirement. 
Would be nice if could be possible by the IOS app. I assume it’s technically possible. 

Yes, this would be even better if / there's an iOS way to control it. I hope HDPDcontrol can do it eventually. 

2 minutes ago, luisma said:

I'm going to go out of a limb here and say that my expectations were that HQPlayer direct will sound SOOOOO MUCCCHH BETTERRRR than Roon+Hqp

But after listening I feel it sounds either the same or a "small preference" towards Roon+Hqp

Go figure, I must have no ears at all :)

Cheers everybody, enjoy the music and the season

The beauty is everyone has the option. I’m happy to hear you’re happy and enjoying music :~)