IGNORED

Bad customer support from KVS Audio (I'm sorry they didn't give me any other option)

On 8/22/2021 at 8:30 PM, PedroS said:

To update you about this issue...

KVS agreed to refund me.

I have received the 1st part and should receive the 2nd next week.

Update...

First, I have to say that without Mr. Alvin's help, I would still waiting for any refunds...

Yes, I have received a first small part, and then, after several emails, from me and Mr. Alvin, I received almost the full refund... almost...

I cannot understand, only from a person and a company that doesn't earn that name, why on earth, one shouldn't refund the amount agreed. I still have to receive 150€. That much? In fact, how can some one tear apart its name and the company's name for such a small amount??

After all the struggle and "fight" I can only strongly warn against KVS. Please stay away from them. They don't honor the business.

After more than 30 years dealing with HiFi companies around here and abroad, it's the 1st time such a thing happened to me.

I also have to say that this issue has nothing to do with Denafrips, or its products, only with KVS. Issue is KVS is, or self-styled as a  Denafrips distributor..

I'll toss on another helpful hint: If the vendor takes American Express, and you have an AMEX card, use it.

First off AMEX will extend most warranties by 1 year, second the coverage can vary from $1000 to $10000. I have a business card so it's $10K.

If you have a documented problem like the OP you just make the call and AMEX WILL sort it out and most likely >90% in your favor.

7 hours ago, plissken said:

I'll toss on another helpful hint: If the vendor takes American Express, and you have an AMEX card, use it.

First off AMEX will extend most warranties by 1 year, second the coverage can vary from $1000 to $10000. I have a business card so it's $10K.

If you have a documented problem like the OP you just make the call and AMEX WILL sort it out and most likely >90% in your favor.

And this is just one of many reason I use an AMEX for everything possible. I second this.

No electron left behind.

• 8 months later...

Hello everybody , 

answer from KVS audio :

We are the ONLY denafrips agent which offers 14 days money back warranty . You can check and ask even vinshineaudio if they offer this .

The product was special order (and according the law we have the right to refuse )  we refunded . Needless to say , the whole amount .

in fact we are the only one who honors the EU law and issued a refund . We have 30 days to do this , even we did it earlier . 

We have many many clients and Pedro is the only one complaining . I have to admit I issued smaller refund by mistake. 150 euro are not the thing to ruin our name. Using  the opportunity to thank to all our happy customers, and Pedro of course! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 1:32 PM, AudioDoctor said:

And this is just one of many reason I use an AMEX for everything possible. I second this.

There are many companies that will not accept American Express credit card payments, presumably because of their significantly higher fees.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

5 hours ago, Allan F said:

There are many companies that will not accept American Express credit card payments, presumably because of their significantly higher fees.

You are correct. I suspect that another reason they don't is because AMEX goes to bat for their customers, strongly.

No electron left behind.

• 8 months later...

Today I received an email from Kamen (owner of KVS). It was totally unexpected, I must say after such a long time to receive such an email, excusing and explaining all the past issue.
Thus, it is easier to understand all the mess generated and the effort they made to become a better company.
I don't hold grudges, and if at that time it was important to report the negative side, now it is equally important to say that it seems to me that they are a very different team, focused much more on excellent customer service.
Learning from mistakes shows humility and willingness to grow in the right direction.
It is quite possible that, in the near future, I may do business with KVS again.