IGNORED

I have had it with Roon, their lack of support, their user forum, and it's users...

9 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

(1) How do I use my existing convolution filters, created for use with Roon, in HQPlayer without utilizing Roon?

You use highest rate convolution filters you have in HQPlayer instead.

(2) How do a I listen to Qobuz streaming through HQPlayer without utilizing Roon?

If you use HQPlayer Embedded, you can use for example mConnect Player app on iOS/Android and likely BubbleUPnP Android app works too.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Also, I just now tried loading my local files into HQPlayer embedded. I provided the path on my sonicTransporter where all of my files reside. HQPlayer told me to wait 10 seconds, and then ... only 75 of my 1,000+ albums got imported. 

Are those in one of the supported formats?

Is there some guidance available on how to load convolution filters created via Audiolense for use with Roon into HQPlayer? I certainly would utilize HQPlayer without Roon to play my local files (I have a lot of them!), if I knew how to apply my convolution filters via HQPlayer without Roon.

I think Audiolense can export mono WAV filters these days and you can directly use these in HQPlayer. Just generate filters for 382.8k rate and you have pretty optimal situation.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:54 AM, davide256 said:

HQPlayer does endpoint USB out great but player interface is a la late 1990's...  1 step removed from DOS, kissing cousin to Foobar2000

Can someone please explain what is the late 90's part in HQPlayer GUI? I've tried to make it pretty modern with transition animations and everything...

916407901_Screenshotfrom2021-09-0614-27-33.thumb.png.903210d851b29c3b717decac36a04695.png

517529123_Screenshotfrom2021-09-0614-29-17.thumb.png.dfbb8e28dfa080000134ef8d84b105ad.png

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

for library display with album cover grids, filter/sort order choice and metadata search.

The only time you see a path box is when adding a new library location, otherwise

you are just scroll/paging through  library album objects  or a library search result to find what you want to play.

OK, so can you explain why this doesn't match above? What I find useful is that I can easily search for example for DSD64 content with search term "DSD64".

1336923724_Screenshotfrom2021-09-0700-30-45.thumb.png.b53fa61a0f588e12d370bc365c4c5aa0.png

HQPlayer embedded seems worse, you have

to know the qualified linux path, you don't get a directory hierarchy screen to help you discover the library path.

This path is supposed to be prefilled by the hardware manufacturer where the storage mount point is. You don't need to know more about filesystem structure.

41 minutes ago, davide256 said:

@Miska  how does one add a NAS music directory in HQPlayer embedded?  \\{NAS ip address}\music gives a success result but no albums display

On HQPlayer OS, you have a link at bottom "NetworkShares" which appears under mount point "/smb" which you can scan for on "Library" page (should appear on the drop-list). On other OS it depends on the OS / device manufacturer.

41 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Miska actually has a separate client interface included with the desktop player install

Graphical player interface is separated completely from the server on HQPlayer v4, on purpose. HQPlayer Desktop server process GUI is as minimal as possible on purpose without eye candy to keep GPU and other graphics processing at minimum possible level. HQPlayer Embedded of course skips this GUI part completely and provides just a minimal web interface.

This is explained on the HQPlayer v4 quick start guide:

https://www.signalyst.com/quickstart.html

16 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am connected using SMB. I did not know this setting was even available until yesterday. If it isn't there in every version, it damn well should be.

At least I'm not seeing it on my Roon server... Although I hope they are using inotify() or similar to watch the filesystem. But I don't think it actually works on SMB and similar network mounts...

• 3 weeks later...