IGNORED

Trust your ears

14 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

If anyone knows an example of an object that exists without the knowing subject, please share, it would be very interesting 🙃

I'm sure there are an almost infinite number of objects that exist without my knowledge of their existence.

Asking someone to identify an object that they know nothing about though is similar to asking questions like "Did you forget something?" or "Are you asleep?"

By the way, how do we "see for ourselves what's actual"?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

13 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Do you know they exist without your knowledge?

Yes, because I am constantly discovering new things that I never knew existed before.

33 minutes ago, Iving said:

The Thread Title (and possibly intent) is bait.

You can't debate both sides of "Trust your ears" harnessing empirical data. It's implicit in "Trust your ears" that empirical data are overridden.

In Objective-Fi, the Thread as launched ("omg i thought i could hear a difference, but i hadn't even changed input source - geddit?") is at best an echo chamber. At worst it becomes tinder for the same old tensions.

The gap between soft-Objective and soft-Subjective can/should be had out as argument. But not here.

It seems to me that the fundamental problem is that many subjectivists want to have their cake and eat it too.

They want to be able to freely share their opinions on the rest of the forum without being "harassed" by objectivists AND come into this sub-forum to attack those with a more objectivist view of the world.

41 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's also not lost on me that @March Audio seems to find his way into every argumentative thread. 

Let's not forgot the folks that seem to follow him from thread to thread, nipping at his heels...

21 minutes ago, Allan F said:

The "problem" you refer to is, at least with respect to this thread, the result of a topic Trust Your Ears that intentionally or otherwise invites replies from subjectivists. I agree with Teresa who, appropriately in my view, questioned whether this topic belongs in the Objective-Fi forum.

I agree but the "problem" of subjectivists taking potshots at objectivists in this sub-forum isn't confined to this thread, IMHO.