IGNORED

Remember when Hendrix just plugged into a Marshall amp ... ?

I spend about half my time on the web viewing audiophile stuff and the other half guitar related stuff.  A guitarist chasing his tone is as bad as an audiophile searching for theirs.  YouTube is indispensable for this addiction.

I do find it funny how audiophiles scuff at the notion of hearing a YouTube video of a music system at a trade show, a dealers show room or a home system.  Where as guitarists just know (without having to retell everyone watching the video) that the video their watching is compressed.  Your getting the idea of the sound which is close, not an exact replica. Good guitar reviewers will do multiple mic settings like DI out, live room mic and speaker mic to give you a sense of what the product sounds like.  Obviously nothing is absolute.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

I think this picture is from his June 4 "67 appearance at the Saville Theatre in London. Not exactly a giant stack:

670604-jimi-hendrix-experience_01.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)