IGNORED

Do i need MQA Streaming

Both Amplifiers im thinking about dont support MQA

Yamaha R-N803D

Marantz PM7000

Are they worth buying now if they dont support MQA.

Right now im using Amazon Music Unlimited i get for just under £7 a Month. Can only use Amazon by Bluetooth as Yamaha dont support it, the Marantz supports Amazon Music. Thank you for reading this.

3 hours ago, Cabunag said:

Both Amplifiers im thinking about dont support MQA

Yamaha R-N803D

Marantz PM7000

Are they worth buying now if they dont support MQA.

Right now im using Amazon Music Unlimited i get for just under £7 a Month. Can only use Amazon by Bluetooth as Yamaha dont support it, the Marantz supports Amazon Music. Thank you for reading this.

Amazon doesn’t offer lossy MQA music, so you be paying extra for a feature you can’t use. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

You do not have to have MQA unless you are locked into Tidal for streaming.

I myself will not touch MQA with a 50 foot pole.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

18 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Where I live the Marantz is 50% more expensive than the 803D, any reason to spend more?

Trying to understand your problem: the use of AMU is quite limited as far as the integration goes for HiFi equipment. Which means, if you are sold to one of both devices, Amazon Music would need to run on another piece of equipment. Solution: use a streaming service that is integrated, like Qobuz. Otherwise look for gear that offers AMU integration 

Re: MQA

You could solve the non-existing problem by buying extra equipment (DAC) that does MQA.

That is the way MQA earns money. But you would need a streaming service that offers you MQA.

Re: non-existing problem

Playing non-MQA flac or hires audio gives you the full bitperfect transfer of your music,

allows you to chose you gear as you like it, doesn't need extra equipment and does not include extra tax for MQA's lossy format.

Good luck, Tom

Many thanks for that can you tell me what AMU is, thanks.