IGNORED

ASR Audio Science Review forum YouTube Channel

asdf1000

18 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Remember the state of the art gear on this planet are designed by engineers and engineers use these (and more) measurements.

The majority of the "lemons" were designed by Engineers too e.g. Sony CDP101:

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

5 hours ago, plissken said:

If you are curious about specifics I would encourage you to register and ask.

How much commission are YOU being paid to increase ASR membership ?  😄

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If an objective site thinks it’s good, then everyone would love to see more info about it. If it’s bad, then tell the world. 

Something else is at play. If you don’t think so, you’re drinking the cool aide. 

Chris

Unless, I missed it at a quick look,   Hydrogen Audio also appears to be silent on this issue, so perhaps something else IS at play here ? If they have discussed it, it certainly isn't in the General area in the last several months.

Alex

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That's not a HiFi site. 

No, but as an Engineering site, there should at least be some mention of it in this attachment 

Hydrogen Audio.jpg

25 minutes ago, danadam said:

Last activity is 2017/2018.

That says it all.

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yep that’s me. One of the audio press who actually accepted the bribe. Not. 

52CB8E16-D729-44F6-A861-76162D94D100.png

You could associate quite a few Audio Reviewer  names,  and a few forums to that one ? 😉

Why has a forum with Audio in it's name (Hydrogen Audio)  and has such a high % of qualified technical members been silent on this issue for 3 years ? MQA is one of the biggest technical advances (if you believe the hype) in recent years .

39 minutes ago, danadam said:

Maybe they don't believe the hype?

At least they could have included it in the LOSSY FORMATS group !😉

9 hours ago, Miska said:

Not that I feel that the site would have much to offer for me, and the stuff I could give to the forum wasn't welcome either.

That is their loss for sure !!!

3 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

My Sennheiser headphones came with factory measurements.

Really ? With a frequency response plot too, or a general statement of a LF response from xx to a HF response of yy WITHOUT .dB limits specified ? e.g. Statements like :

... and are tuned to accurately reproduce extreme low and high frequencies (5 to 40,000 Hz) while maintaining perfect balance. - Audio Technica M70x 

3 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

Yes really ... with a frequency response. Just because you weren't aware of it, doesn't mean it isn't a fact ;-)

Feel free to Google Images it and you will see HD800 and HD800S owners sharing their individual plots.

I am not interested in seeing OWNER plots which are there from numerous sources with the same headphones. and usually  vary considerably.

Feel free to post the frequency plot supplied by the manufacturer of your headphones.

10 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

You misunderstood. Each owner receives their own plot for their own serial number - from Sennheiser. For their serial number.  

I doubt that other lower priced  headphones in the Sennheiser range do this, any more than other manufacturers except for the rare Flagship model. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I just think it's bad form to trash another audio forum.  And that's what we're doing here,

There has  already been more than enough trashing of A.S. and it's sponsors in ASR, however, 2 WRONGS don't make a RIGHT