IGNORED

searching music on lumin u1 mini

@wklieHi, I am an new owner of lumin u1 mini. I have installed lumin app on android phone. At the start of lumin app I have connected to qnap file server. The music was found instantly but only via UpnP browsing which means that I can select, the file artist, the file song, the file album etc but I can not perform a search on the files of artist, song, album etc. Moreover, the music is not distributed among the following

• Song Title
  • Album Title
  • Artist
  • Composer (optional)
  • Genre
  • Year
  • Newest added to the server

Do I have to do anything else ?

thanks

Nikos

15 minutes ago, nikolaos1969 said:

@stefano_mbp@wklieBut, if I disable QNAP DLNA Server then it would be impossible to watch photos or movies on the TV screen. On the other hand one of the QNAP apps is MinimServer. I will try to install and operate MinimServer and see if Lumin app finds the MinimServer. Yes, I have tagged all the albums properly via QNAP app.

Then leave the QNAP DLNA server enabled.

In Lumin app, choose the library to be MinimServer instead of the QNAP DLNA server.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

@stefano_mbp@wklieI entered QNAP with the home IP - NOT via myqnapcloud because then you have to create port forwardring and that might be a little risky for safety reasons- and instantly accessed the web page of MinimServer, got the 30 days free trial and the library MinimServer on Lumin app was discovered immediately. The outcome was fantastic.  I use Samsung S8 which runs very very smooth the library.

• 6 months later...

Some Lumin U1 Mini advice please.  

I am considering buying a Lumin U1 Mini to feed into my DAC but the use of MinimServer with the U1 has me confused.  I don’t want to now have to pay for MinimServer.  I currently use a SOTM Ultra streamer  and want to get away from that and use the simplicity of the Lumin App & streaming features. I want to continue using Roon with the Lumin for streaming Tidal and the music stored external SSD out of my Mac Mini.  Roon Core is on Mac. 

I thought I could just plug in an SSD (I wanted to copy my music onto this second 2TB SSD)  out the back of the Lumin and direct stream my stored music from there into my DAC - I think this would sound better than my music via Roon.  I assumed the Lumin App would just let me do all this but it seems I have to install a server.  Is the correct?  I am now thinking of a Innuos Zen instead.

I have a QNAP NAS on my network but I do not want this anywhere in my music set up.  

I have just upgrade my DAC to a Denafrips Pontus II so the DAC only is staying.

Any tips on a better streamer option?