IGNORED

Dirac Live 3 with systemwide correction

I'm pleased to inform my fellow forumers that we are going to release an update of the Mac version that will align it with the Windows version... as a result it will be possible to use it for systemwide correction of all audio from your Mac as it adds a virtual audio card.

If interested in testing it please open a ticket on the HelpDesk here:

https://confluence.dirac.services/display/DLS/Dirac+Live+Support

so that your findings and comments can be shared with the developers.

Thanks for your time :)

Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

4 hours ago, flak said:

I'm pleased to inform my fellow forumers that we are going to release an update of the Mac version that will align it with the Windows version... as a result it will be possible to use it for systemwide correction of all audio from your Mac as it adds a virtual audio card.

If interested in testing it please open a ticket on the HelpDesk here:

https://confluence.dirac.services/display/DLS/Dirac+Live+Support

so that your findings and comments can be shared with the developers.

Thanks for your time :)

Flavio

That’s great news! I have been really looking forward to this.Any idea on the timing of the final release?

• 2 weeks later...

Great product and this really is what I've been hoping for.  Been testing the beta on two machines, an Intel 2014 Mini and 2020 M1 Air, latest OSX on both.

It's working well on the Mini after a bit of re-working - creating a new directory in Library that didn't appear when running the install - this prevented installation of the Dirac Processor driver and therefore it didn't place the Dirac Processor as an option to select in Audio MIDI.  However, doing the same thing on the Air hasn't produced the same result so the Processor (although showing the driver files in Library so it all looks OK) is not showing as an option and therefore I'm unable to select it.

As it's the same load script link being used, I'm unclear why it should work for one machine and not the other.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

• 1 month later...

Any word on any progress?

I checked at https://www.dirac.com/live/downloads/ and as of today August 19, 2021 they are still offering…
“Dirac Live – Version 3.0.14 2021-03-18”

I guess they don’t yet have “an update of the Mac version that will align it with the Windows version... as a result it will be possible to use it for systemwide correction of all audio from your Mac as it adds a virtual audio card.”

A test version is working superbly on an Intel Mac Mini, but an M1 Air with exactly the same OSX version, set up and software is not.  The developer is working on this still.  I can't comment on the Windows version.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

Neither the Plug-in or Standalone beta are working so well with my 2018 Intel Mac Mini with latest OS. Have a ticket in and hoping to find a resolution.

Server: Mac Mini 3.2GHz-i7, 512Gb - 16Gb macOS 13.x & Audirvana Origin  DAC: Benchmark DAC3B  Linestage: Benchmark LA4  Amp: Benchmark AHB2 x2  Speakers: Revel F328Be

When you're racing... it's Life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting.
- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

• 3 weeks later...

For system-wide Audio Unit plugin support on mac, I've use this with great success:

https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/

I use an older late 2014 mac mini.

While I haven't tested it with the Dirac AUs (and I do plan to soon), I can confirm that it works flawlessly for FabFilter and Goodhertz AU plugins.  You may find that you can simply load your Dirac AU (with the correct filter file for your room) into 'soundsource'.  Who knows?  

I'm going to be evaluating the Dirac Live 'Room correction suite' in the next few weeks and will report back.  Mainly, I'm going to be using it as a plugin with Audirvana 3.5 once the filter is generated, but I'll also test it in 'Soundsource' for system-wide correction potential. 

-Vince

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 8:49 AM, SteveS1 said:

A test version is working superbly on an Intel Mac Mini, but an M1 Air with exactly the same OSX version, set up and software is not.  The developer is working on this still.  I can't comment on the Windows version.

This has been resolved with an updated copy and is working superbly on both Macs.

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 8:14 AM, SteveS1 said:

This has been resolved with an updated copy and is working superbly on both Macs.

Monterey looks like it's thrown a spanner in the works - will report any updates or fixes for the test version which was working fine on an M1 Air.  I will not upgrade my Mini (Intel) until I'm sure it will work.

I installed on 11.6. I didn't have time to use it, I just saw that Dirac had showed up as a sound output option. Then I upgraded just today to 11.6.1 which is a new security update. I didn't want to go to 12.0 because it's new in general and had the problem reported above in specific. After I upgraded to 11.6.1, Dirac disappeared as a sound output option. So there seem to be spanners in the works for both 12.0 and 11.6.1.

On 10/27/2021 at 4:10 PM, SteveS1 said:

Monterey looks like it's thrown a spanner in the works - will report any updates or fixes for the test version which was working fine on an M1 Air.  I will not upgrade my Mini (Intel) until I'm sure it will work.

Latest versions fixed it for me.  Thank you.

I am still on macOS Big Sur version 11.6.1. I went to https://www.dirac.com/live/downloads/ and downloaded what is now called “diraclive-latest.zip” which now expands into “DiracLive v3.1.2 Setup Darwin”. After reboot, Dirac Virtual Audio Device shows up as a sound output destination once again. I guess my next step is the directions at https://confluence.dirac.services/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=159566914

• 2 weeks later...

Help me understand this. I’m on a Mac. Will this allow me to correct Roon or Tidal Connect? I’m talking about streaming natively through those apps to an Allo DigiOne Signature, not via Airplay or USB. I currently use a Dirac hardware solution (C658) but I’d buy the standalone Dirac if I could do this on a different system. Thanks.