IGNORED

Dirac Live 3 with systemwide correction

hi Flavio

DIrac always one step ahead 👌

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

On 12/9/2020 at 7:40 PM, giordy60 said:

hi Flavio

DIrac always one step ahead 👌

Hi Giordy,

I've very limited time for forums but it's great when I have the opportunity to hear from you again 🙂

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 10:28 PM, flak said:

We are beta testing a Dirac Live version which adds systemwide correction of all audio from the computer by adding a virtual soundcard in addition to the plugins.

It's available for Windows only and it works as Stereo and Multichannel.

If interested in testing it, one can contact us as usual at https://helpdesk.dirac.se

(you'll need to "Sign up for an account")

:) Flavio

Trying out the Beta version and it seems to work really well. I can finally use Roon with it which is great ! Way to go....

• 1 month later...

It was released, right? 

2021-01-28

Dirac Live Processor v1.4.0 Changelog

Added

• Standalone version for Windows
  • 7.1 and 7.1 SDDS surround configuration

Fixed

• 7.1 surround rear and side channel configuration error during the measure process
  • Show about window could crash some 32 bit hosts
  •  

I used yesterday for the whole day new driver with TuneIn. It worked nicely, but only in 44100 Hz (as Windows Audio exclusive). Sound was mostly distorted for anything else than 44100

TuneIn, Spotify, Netflix - sadly these apps don't have any rudimentary settings for device selection and sample rate controls.. 

P.S. This standalone audio was a complete surprise for me. It was really frustrating after removal in Dirac v2, these virtual cables never worked for me, the only thing worked was Jriver audio driver, but it was so heavy..  Really nice Dirac re-introduced standalone processor and also improved it on previous version. 

On 12/8/2020 at 12:58 AM, flak said:

We are beta testing a Dirac Live version which adds systemwide correction of all audio from the computer by adding a virtual soundcard in addition to the plugins.

It's available for Windows only and it works as Stereo and Multichannel.

If interested in testing it, one can contact us as usual at https://helpdesk.dirac.se

(you'll need to "Sign up for an account")

:) Flavio

Hi @flak

Does this now include multichannel bass management and DSP crossover support?

5 hours ago, michael123 said:

I used yesterday for the whole day new driver with TuneIn. It worked nicely, but only in 44100 Hz (as Windows Audio exclusive). Sound was mostly distorted for anything else than 44100

TuneIn, Spotify, Netflix - sadly these apps don't have any rudimentary settings for device selection and sample rate controls.. 

P.S. This standalone audio was a complete surprise for me. It was really frustrating after removal in Dirac v2, these virtual cables never worked for me, the only thing worked was Jriver audio driver, but it was so heavy..  Really nice Dirac re-introduced standalone processor and also improved it on previous version. 

Hi @michael123

So for example using Spotify, does this mean you only need 2 apps? Just Spotify and Dirac Live app?

No need for a 3rd party app to route the audio and no need for a VST plugin etc etc ?

Can you show some screenshots showing what it looks like to have Spotify playing through Dirac Live ?

18 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Hi @michael123

So for example using Spotify, does this mean you only need 2 apps? Just Spotify and Dirac Live app?

No need for a 3rd party app to route the audio and no need for a VST plugin etc etc ?

Can you show some screenshots showing what it looks like to have Spotify playing through Dirac Live ?

Dirac Live is a calibration app, you don't need for playback.

Processor is the Dirac DSP, which is available as either VST or, now, standalone, app, that is (1) wrapper around VST (2) Sound Device driver.

You just select a system device as 'Dirac', and then Spotify (or anything else) uses it.

The problem is that for the sound is not acceptable at the moment - cracking

4 minutes ago, michael123 said:

or, now, standalone, app, that is (1) wrapper around VST (2) Sound Device driver.

You just select a system device as 'Dirac', and then Spotify (or anything else) uses it.

Thanks! Regarding this part quoted, can you kindly share screenshot how this visually looks, for Spotify for example

39 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Thanks! Regarding this part quoted, can you kindly share screenshot how this visually looks, for Spotify for example

I attach here, but this is not really 'how it looks', I merely opened here sound devices, properties, and config panel of the processor.

Spotify looks like Spotify. As I said, there is no any place in Spotify related to device selection or options, this is not Roon neither JRiver.

You select your system output device in Windows, and that is what Spotify will use.

Dirac.png

50 minutes ago, michael123 said:

I attach here, but this is not really 'how it looks', I merely opened here sound devices, properties, and config panel of the processor.

Spotify looks like Spotify. As I said, there is no any place in Spotify related to device selection or options, this is not Roon neither JRiver.

You select your system output device in Windows, and that is what Spotify will use.

Dirac.png

Thanks!

Ok so Spotify (or Netflix etc) plays to "Speakers Dirac", which is actually 'Dirac Live Processor'.

And in Dirac Live Processor you can set output to USB DAC?

That's kind of the screenshot I was after, as that would be the most important screen showing how to get Windows audio to USB DAC.

1 minute ago, asdf1000 said:

Thanks!

Ok so Spotify (or Netflix etc) plays to "Speakers Dirac", which is actually 'Dirac Live Processor'.

And in Dirac Live Processor you can set output to USB DAC?

That's kind of the screenshot I was after, as that would be the most important screen showing how to get Windows audio to USB DAC.

Yes. 

You select available mechanisms - Windows Audio, Asio, then select the actual audio device, and buffer size. 

8 minutes ago, michael123 said:

Yes. 

You select available mechanisms - Windows Audio, Asio, then select the actual audio device, and buffer size. 

Thanks can you share a screen of that? As that's the most important screen that ties it all together.

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/14/2021 at 5:12 AM, hiind said:

Any clarity on a Mac release?

We are working on it right now 🙂 ... on a different subject, Dom Brown in his studio at his home during this lockdown.
Dom Brown, lead guitarist for Duran Duran, has performed live or in-studio with artists and producers from Duran Duran to Mark Ronson, and Justin Timberlake to Liam Gallagher of the rock band Oasis.

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)