On 9/15/2020 at 4:02 PM, patatras said:

Hi

Did anyone use Roon with Hqplayer and Ered-dock (Engineered) as upnp/dlna ? 

Pierre 

Hi Pierre,

can  Ered-dock works with HQPlayer? I don't think so, but I'll be happy to be wrong.

I use  Ered-dock, but with Bubble UPNP and Linn Kazoo, this is the only way I have found. Roon is also not supported for what Iknow. 

Regards,

Giuseppe

On 9/25/2020 at 12:42 AM, Superdad said:

The included Watson Music app (for iOS only) does look nice enough. 9_9

You forget the Roon compatibility which is announced for Emerson and it's not seems available for eRed-Doc.

Yes, maybe even that's not enough to justify the price difference, but I'm still unhappy that the board that could have grown through future updates looks like something that's overshadowed by the new Wattson Audio.

In case you're wondering if the firmware for Emerson can be installed in the eRed-Doc, the answer it is not, I just tried.

Regards,

Giuseppe

• 3 weeks later...

New Firmware updated is out. V1.36, latest was 1.31

Change log:

* v1.36
- Add a new custom UPnP service that provides several information about the renderer (sample rate, output format, version installed, ...)

- Add support for the OGG Vorbis format

* v1.34
- Add Roon Support (but needs to be certified by Roon on case by case to be active)

* v1.33
- Special characters for friendly names are now supported

* v1.32
- Volume control uses now a zero-crossing technology with dithering
- Volume and mute status are stored when the eR-MOD is switched off
- Output is now faded out/in when paused or muted
- UPnP DB volume is now fully working
- Add selection of DxD dual/single mode output using SPI
- Output does not stop anymore when nothing is played, it still outputs silence at currently used frequency/format (this avoid switching noise when music stops)
- Mute output pin is now much more accurate and is always in sync with real output
- Fix issue preventing to play TIDAL streams with mConnect
- When the ethernet connection is lost, then back, the eR-MOD now always reconnects to the network

If we bring all the changes together, we can say this is a major release.
The infamous 'tick' during track change, (especially when resolution change) is completely fixed.
Even some issues with the gapless album is gone. 
I do not have Roon, so I can't comment about Roon Support, or supposed Roon Support.
If I'm not wrong, without the certication, roon can't be used at all. It is also not clear how we can ask roon for a certification, and what exactly "case by case" means. 

There are also some aspects that I don't like:
From the main page, the current firmware version disappeared as well as the current friendly name. For sure the capability to update the firmware and to change the friendly name are still there, but nothing is displayed of the current settings.
I would have liked the system to display more information on the main page, like sample rate, output format, version installed, friendly name,  etc.)especially now that a new service claim to provide such information's on request. 
I can't customize any  parameters, like fade in/out during track change or when pause is pressed. 

The board is far away more oriented to OEM, versus final users like I am, and even very basic functionalities are not there (buffer size adjustments, and other settings). 

Unfortunately this board sounds better than any other renderer I've ever tried. Love and hate. 

Regards,

Giuseppe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...