IGNORED

Hqplayer4 Remote HQPDcontrol v4

Bushikai

4 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

I have just downloaded HQPD so not that far in, but that seems like something that’s a bug.  Shouldn’t matter as they show in HQP and Client.  @Ales Prochazka Any insight into this?  Thanks!

The program looks at the file extension to know what type of transport HQPlayer should use when playing in album transport mode.
'aif' is an unknown suffix and 'aiff' is a known suffix.

I guess it can be solved better, but at the moment it works like this.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, lpost said:

After removing and reinstalling a couple more times the client has forgotten the previous IP but still won't autodiscover. Network is completely flat.

I've entered the IP of HQPe manually and on the playback screen it shows Roon is supplying the data, shows the incoming bitrate and upsample rate plus details but no cover art and I can't seem to find anywhere to change settings like invert phase or change filter or noise shaper, etc. Volume works but that's it.

Please advise

Hi,

The filter settings:

https://prochazkaa.cz/pub/Qemu_2021.03.03-01.28.55.02.mp4

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Hi @Ales Prochazka

I've run into an issue where certain albums, when I select "Add album" or "Add album and replace" will correctly add the playlist to HQP, but will disappear from the app. Here's an example. First here's an example that worked. Here is the view in the app:

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 3.15.52 PM.jpeg

and here it is on HQP:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 3.17.02 PM.png

Here is the "bad" case:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 11.29.15 AM.png

because it shows up as blank on the app:

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 11.30.10 AM.jpeg

I'm trying to figure out what is so special about this album, but have not been able to. Have you seen this before, and could you tell me if there is something I can do to address? I'll be happy to upload the album to you for testing, if you want.

Thanks!

Yes, please upload.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 7:31 AM, Outlaw said:

Removed old version of HQPlayer 4 remote HQPDcontrol v4 on IOS.Autodiscovery doesn't work says not implemented.Manually enter ip adress works.Under albums how do i get to group by artist.No matter what setting I try it is by album name ?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question correctly.

Sort settings by artist on the "Albums" screen:

https://www.prochazkaa.cz/pub/RPReplay_Final1624444810.MP4

2 hours ago, Lio_B said:

I tried with the setting icon, I did not imagine that it could be in the speaker icon 🤔
it was not in my logic 🙃
thank you Ales

You're right. It's kind of my laziness.  😫

When I will put these buttons in the "Settings" tab, I'll have to rearrange the contents of that tab (depending on the screen size of the device).

6 hours ago, giordy60 said:

hi Ales
with the new release of HQPDcontrol I see the covers on very large tablets, while on the mobile they are as before
I wonder if it is possible to resize them .... if so how?
thank you

mobile phone and tablet 

Hi Giordy,

Resizing by the user is not possible.

2 hours ago, jrobbins50 said:

@Ales Prochazka, I have had HQPDcontrolv4 for a while now and have yet to be able to get it to work at all.

I use an iPhone 7+.  HQPDcontrolv4 app version is 6.1.2, version code 449.  In about, the app recognizes that I use HQP Desktop v4 on Windows.  "Allow control from network" is selected on the HQP Desktop.  I've enabled your app to access my phone.

HQP Desktop is on my music server, running Windows Server 2019 under Audiophile Optimizer.  IP address of the server is 192.168.0.138, which is what I have set in the app host connection setting.  The app Port setting is at the default 4321, and to ensure no issues there, I have TCP/UDP port forwarding specifically open for 4321 in my Orbi router.  I use HQP Desktop through Roon for playback and have three microRendu devices running through HQP.

When I run autodiscovery of HQP, I always get the "not implemented" error message.  I shut down Roonserver entirely, just to see if that was interfering, but still get the same error message.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iPhone, but that makes no difference.

I want to use your app to be able to switch between HQP settings for my three microRendu endpoints, without having to log into my music server to change directly in HQP Desktop.  I want to continue to use Roon to search for content and control the playback through HQP from there, as I've been doing.

What am I doing wrong with the app?  Thanks.  JCR

Hi,

Compatibility should be iOS 12+.

But:

1. The autodiscovery function is disabled on iOS because I have problems with it. So you have to enter the IP address manually. HQPDcontrol must be on the same network as HQPlaeyr, ie 192.168.0.x.
  2. HQPlayer input and output device settings cannot be changed from HQPDcontrol.

46 minutes ago, jrobbins50 said:

Thanks, @Ales Prochazka.  Hmm, well, I have manually put 192.168.0.138 in the setup, which is the IP address of the HQP server. That isn’t working. 

But, it sounds as though I would not be able to make use of the app even if it did function because of your point 2 above. No volume control either?  JCR 

I now tried HQPD 4.11.0 on Windows 10 Pro:

The first thing - the HQPD function "control from network" did not remain on after restarting HQPD. Ok, I had the "Output Device Settings" set incorrectly.

Now enabled "control from network" function will survive the restart HQPD.

The second thing - the control still doesn't work. I use ESET antivirus on Windows 10, which has its own firewall. It can show which network communication it has blocked. Shows HQPD. ESET allows you to allow each blocked communication (create a rule), so I allow it.
Resolved, HQPDC connects to HQPD.

By the way, after entering/changing the IP address in HQPDC, I recommend restarting HQPDC.

22 minutes ago, luisma said:

Hi Ales @Ales Prochazka the Android version to download is the "green one" with v4 correct?

Some content in my case can't be added to the playlist for some reason and sometimes the control on HQPe doesn't work as expected, I need to add the tracks using the library in HQPe's interface then control with your app.

It is a great app I'm not complaining, I was just wondering if you would like me to troubleshoot any of my issues and send these over with a good description of what's happening.

Thank you for a good app

If you are using HQPE version 4, then the green version of HQPDC (v4) is the correct one.

Yes, describe the problem in more detail.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, jamesg11 said:

My issue is ‘duplicate’ albums ... which result from my simply altering the album text titles on my hard drive collection - when I sync to HQP the old text title is retained. Over time this has accumulated!

Both HQP scans & clean scans do not fix this.

Suggestions?

Sorry, I probably don't quite understand the problem.
Can you be more specific?

1 hour ago, copy_of_a said:

@Ales Prochazka

Thanks for the update re Matrix presets 👍

HQPDcontrol shows „[default]“ on start instead of the actually loaded profile but it works as former versions so that‘s fine with me.

I‘m puzzled how the „Playlists“ tab is supposed to work … I can‘t access playlist stored on the computer HQPlayerDesktop is installed on. Do I have to store playlists at a dedicated location (drive/folder) … or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance - and again many thanks for the great app and for the continuous updates! 🙏

If you have any "m3u" playlists in your music library, they appear on the "Playlists" page.

24 minutes ago, Lio_B said:

Hi Ales,

when i click on the speaker icon have 2 mistakes 

• instead of the volume level on the right, I have a spinner that rotates continuously
  • I can not change the choice of play mode, random, repeat ...

thks

I don't know how to find the cause.
Both of my devices work.
Android 11, iPadOS 14.7
HQPE 4.24.2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 3:10 AM, MrDerrick said:

I am experiencing the same problem as Lio_B.

No volume control wheel, just a spinner like the wheel is trying to launch.

The repeat, repeat once and shuffle keys do not operate.

If I do not hit stop, a track will repeat itself on its own.

There is no functioning volume control for HQPlayer anymore for me.

I am running 4.25.0 embedded, I cannot roll back to 4.24.2 on the Sonic Transporter i9 once I have updated.

All was well with 4.24.2 embedded.

Listening to Qobuz through Bubble I used to have a volume slider, that has gone away also.

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but it made no difference.

My interface is a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 running Android 11.

Android 11, HQPE 4.25.0, HQPDC 6.1.5-452

I tried to play through Bubble.
I have volume control accessible.
The "Shuffle" button is disabled in the HQPE playback state (OK).
The "Repeat 1" and "Repeat" buttons can be turned on/off, but are irrelevant for HQPE in render mode (this is controlled by Bubble).

I was able to simulate the state you are describing only by entering the wrong or no IP address in the HQPDC settings.