IGNORED

Allo DigiOne Sig support issue - dietpi-update fails

RDaneel2

Question

New Sig, immediately jumped to 70 C - even after adjusting the power usage control down to "Conservative". :(

Trying to install newer version of DietPi - hoping it might help with power usage / temperature - but it repeatedly fails with APT install process saying that it is unable to locate rpi-eeprom and rpi-eeprom-images... no, multiple retries make no difference.

Any suggestions?  Or questions?

DietPi.thumb.png.4aab8d42460ef53477bbadc5d5376179.png

7 answers to this question

Thanks... while I could acquire the tools (both H/W and S/W) needed for this level of surgery - which is not considered "exotic" in the hobbyist world - I was hoping for something a bit simpler.

For sure, I could even really start from scratch and try with RoPieee, for that matter.  But.

A ["fully assembled and ready to use"] device that is both cooking itself and unable to complete the needed initial "update to current" operation right out of the box is a bit worrisome.

Perhaps an Allo representative will have another suggestion(?).

Thanks, TCA. :)

This looks like a nicely constructed forum (or set of fora?), but as I found my way here this time from the Allo site - as a way to get (and give, typically) Allo product support, I must say it wasn't obvious where to go and what to do create an Allo support item... this generic "Questions" section was a guess.

Other than the tag saying "Allo DigiOne Signature", there seems to be nothing tying this to Allo-specific areas here.

Is there a more direct way of placing an item so as to receive Allo attention, or is some magical incantation like @allo.com the way?

Because otherwise, it would leave proper placement to moderators - or you - and I don't know that you scale that well. ;)

(... and, should I repeat my original question somewhere else, but with this @allo.com tag, or perhaps with the @ALLOsupport one?)