IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

On 5/28/2021 at 6:27 AM, R1200CL said:
On 5/3/2021 at 9:26 PM, ambre said:

Do you use equal 50 Ohm Clock cables delivered by Afterdark?

I tried, (different length), but didn’t help. 

It seems removing the mini circuits helps. No dropouts last 24 hours. Maybe the Cybershaft T acts as a filter as well ? I don’t know. 

The clock raise the SQ on the SU-2. Maybe not so much on EtherRegen in my system. But I’m using B>A, so it’s an expected outcome. 

So using the Cybershaft T, may be a way for others to go, instead of purchasing a second clock. 

I’m also using this cable 30 cm. (And a longer AfterDark cable). 
https://no.mouser.com/datasheet/2/1030/141-12BM_2b-1699951.pdf

29 minutes ago, Tokyokyoto said:

Doesn’t the SU-2 have a clock output that can be used instead of the Cybershaft T?  According to the manual there is a variety of settings.

My understanding is that the SU-2 isn’t retransmitting a 10Mhz signal in 50 ohm, but rather offering word clock signals in other frequencies. Maybe I haven’t understood the full potential here ?

https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/singxer-su-2-dsd1024-usb-digital-interface-femtosecond-clock-interface

https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/download/5f695bdc5123a.pdf

21 minutes ago, Johnnydev said:

couldn't it be that with all the ideas and malfunctions you have, you have already ended up in it?

You’re are not making any logical explanation here. The only issue I had was using the mini circuits filters in combination with the Cybershaft T. Leaving them out seems to solved the problem. Using them on one single device was never a problem. 

What does  this have to do with Jesus possible acceptance of my suggestion to make an upgraded opticalRendu with 10 MHz clock input, which you originally made a comment on ?

Please explain what’s your issue ? What rabbit hole will in general any digital device suffer from, if added an external clock interface ? You don’t see this beneficial ? Why not ?

Since you’re posting here, I suppose you’re using a clock yourself ?

It seems you don’t like my ideas. Please use the opportunity to respond in the forums I posted my other ideas if you have any issues with my suggestions in general. 

@alsterfan

Did you open up the clock and verify what brand and model is inside ?

5V is a nice option. I think even the clocks AfterDark is selling can be ordered from the manufacturers at 5 VDC. Maybe he isn’t interested in offering that, since he is also selling a (no name/rebranded) 12V power supply. 

44 minutes ago, alsterfan said:

As I mentioned before,"those flimsy cords (to be seen on 1 picture) have been replaced by a 2.5mm connector."

s-l1600.jpg

Wouldn’t 2.1 mm be a better choice, as this is more in line with the “standard” ?

You know you easily can operate a screwdriver yourself and discover the inside ? 😀

On 6/7/2021 at 7:11 PM, richard_crl032 said:

150+ db at 10K

Bad numbers. 

If it was 150 dBc at 10Hz, it would be very (extremely) good. 

On 6/7/2021 at 7:11 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Get the filter and we are all set ?

It may help. Most BG7TBL is 50 ohm natively. (As is AfterDark clocks). 

Standardize on 50 ohm is good. Not everyone agree. EtherRegen is also available in 50 ohm.

You may consider 5V clocks as maybe easier to power them. Same clock can sometimes be available as both 5 and 12 V.

I recommend the AfterDark version you can afford instead of BG7TBL 😀

21 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

In consideration of Afterdark options but hoping more educated bros here can comment on BG7TBL

I advise purchasing a reasonable priced AfterDark clock instead of BG7TBL. Ask phase noise numbers upfront. (Don’t necessary follow his naming convention). Then get a confirmation about return policy and options. 
The option is to just test AliExpress.  But there is no guarantee what you get. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 11:18 AM, richard_crl032 said:

you may want to ask seller for preferred Talema transformer instead of Bingzi as they are variants with it.

I did. Another $33, only 230 VAC. But this is a unsealed transformer. You still recommend to use ?

27 minutes ago, richard_crl032 said:

and if unsealed I have no experience with them.

But do you know if it’s a better option in general ? Just placed the order, but still $33 to be paid.  So maybe I shouldn’t add the Talema. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dbastin said:

Has anyone who has daisy chained 2 ERs put Master Clock on both?

I think it’s important to state how this is done:

A>B>A>B and also what’s connected to last output. And If fiber and what type is involved, including SFP’s in use. 

A side out with fiber, may be different than B side out. 

Also what power supplies is in use. 

B>A>A>B

B>A>B>A

A>B>B>A

Switch upfront as well. 

It may be so that an optialModule first will achieve same results.

If one is going to the extreme of dual EtherRegen with individual quality power upfront plus’s dual clocks, also with quality individual power upfront, it’s staring to get expensive. And you can spend a lot of money in cabling as well. 

9 hours ago, Oggo said:

I tested the BG7TBL (build for ER with 3 square wave outputs) on 1 ER and on 2 daisy-chained ER with Blue Jeans cables and Zerozone LPS. Sound was clearly degraded in both cases, so I took the BG7TBL out of my audio chain and kept the 2 daisy-chained ER.

ER run a>b>a>b.

The reason for this is most likely cause the clock is braking the moat if used several places. If the clock didn’t help only on one EtherRegen, I can understand you’re not tempted to try the AfterDark clock. Thanks for sharing. There is another poster here, that didn’t hear any difference either with Adark queen. 

In my system the AfterDark clock is best used on a Singxer SU-2. I’m trying to purchase a second clock from Adrian, to be used at my EtherRegen, as a T splitter wasn’t a good option.