IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

I would suggest a fully gimbled Tx platform furthur isolated from the chassis, aloong with underboard suspension pieces and damping features on the circuit board and on all interfaces would be a basic starting point for any quality design of any sensitive electronic circuits.

With clocks its a simple but effective solution, I do have  model of a triple oven prototype sat on a solid block of copper some 15Kg in density using an electron micrco isolation platform plus many other vibration control devices that was used in University dissiation, did it result in such a large leap in total reduction of phase noise, NO but used in conjuction with other electrical and RF control mathods produced far more desirable results.

I do have a couple of the Cybershaft units and not to shabby they are either.

Reality is somewhat stranger than fiction with audio, beware those bearing audio gifts, all that glitters is usually poor sounding equipment contained within over engineered and nice looking cases with an equally impressive price tag to match.

Areospace & Audio designs with a retail outlet Musical Coherence

• 1 month later...

I would agree and I use two of them in the electroncs lab to slave my analysers including a UXA signal analyser as well in the audio systems which it delivers vary natural and articuate music.

Would also suggest the the Cyber Shaft & Abendrot Audio are also very good

Reality is somewhat stranger than fiction with audio, beware those bearing audio gifts, all that glitters is usually poor sounding equipment contained within over engineered and nice looking cases with an equally impressive price tag to match.

• 3 weeks later...

This would be an FDN frequency dividing network.  As John has pointed out. However every time you use one of these to change / split the frequency you will incur noise and artefacts you really do not wish to have imho, some of these can be mitigated however not all.

Many of the chifi dac's use a 100Mhz master clock generator (some synthesised) which is then broken down (internally via FDN etc) to the required sample frequency for the incoming audio serial data rates.

The Mutec ref10-SE-120 uses a single frequency 10Mhz OXCO clock (Not Axtal) to generate its ultra-pure low phase noise reference 10Mhz signal. I recently designed an FDN/Synthetisers one for a Merging dac which uses 625Khz Master clock input frequency.

If you are referring to the individual sample rates such as 44.1-768Khz such as dcs et al, then usually the SE-120 or similar is used to slave the companies proprietary word clock device.

I did some serial data measurements not so long ago on the SE-120 see below. I know Leo Bodnar is in the process of purchasing either a R&S FSWP or Keysight UXA for ultra precise phase noise measurements. I have something a wee bit special coming for this every purpose towards December that will sort the wheat from the chaff as far as genuine clock measurements go.

John, I know has a phase station which is very fine tool for this also and he is well versed in PN measurements no question.

SG120b2.jpg

SG120b3.jpg

SE-120 wavepro jitter kit--00000.jpg

SE-120 wavepro resjit histogram-00003--00000.jpg

SE-120 wavepro SDA full0002--00000.jpg

SE-120 wavepro wfa--00000.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

As with everything in audio currently they will be good deals to gained all round I feel. Patience may help here.

The Ref 10 Nano, our first allocation we could have sold at least twice over!

• 3 weeks later...

You chaps may wish to see how quality phase noise measurments are made in real time Holzworth have released this informative video.

Phase noise measurements

We have one of these Holzworth, a Keysight UXA with PN application including the cross correlation method which can take a wee while lol Also a new AAronia V6 special 3Thz sweep speed and upto 2Ghz of real time bandwidth and 122Million FFT's its pretty special.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure why you don't source a dedicated superior correct primary voltage transformer?

The cybershaft clocks can be improved as can pretty much all of the Audio word clocks

There will be a new reference clock along in the not distant future by a long-established UK electronics company. No ourselves for this one, but its due very soon. All measurements using the R&S FSWP.

Personally I've finished my new standard for the main lab its -129dbc @ 1Hz with absolutely ultra minimal spurri on the phase noise plot without having to use smoothing techniques on the measurement instrument 

When I have finalised the psu configuration I will be heading to listening room!

• 3 weeks later...