IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

2 minutes ago, Mouna said:

R1200CL

thank you - your indirect answer showed me that I should have ordered the ER version - the clock is already on its way to here - and if it improves my system I will order the other one.

Thanks - best

Mouna

You can already now request a return. Seller won’t get any money before you saying item arrived. 
So you can already now order a second unit. The extra cost is of cause the freight of returning.

Make sure you at least got a 75 ohm unit. 

Good luck however you proceed. 

9 hours ago, sgr said:

About the LT 3045s, are we discussing adding them somewhere inside the Dapu clock,

Yes.
I have also asked seller, which again have notified manufacturer. Maybe they’re willing to change the PCB design.

9 hours ago, sgr said:

I’ve thought about using fiber between the two but as they are within a foot between the two I’m not sure I’d hear a difference.

If connected A to A side, why not try. Should be very cheap to do. 

https://finddiffer.com/rg6-versus-rg11-coaxials-whats-the-difference/

I’m not sure RG11 as the 4731 is, is worth all that extra hassle. I find the link above quite informative. 

I think asking Ghent to do the extra shielding (JSSG360), is easiest way to go. I know he can do 4694R, but I haven’t checked 4794R. 

https://catalog.belden.com/index.cfm?event=compare&cp=PF_4794R,PF_4694R,PF_4731R

I noticed the 4794R has equal outer shield as the 4731. 

20 hours ago, jacques_racine said:

Hi,

Just received my unit.

Still trying to figure out how to power it.

Based on what I read here, it seems we should feed it with 12.5V - Is this still the case?

Is there a ready made LPS you can recommend that would fit the bill?

Keces does 12V, not 12.5V.... Many thanks

Maybe not what you’re looking for:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000475036942.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1bf85590zuVlfP&algo_pvid=6c739b54-2aca-4ea6-b827-69a3135389c3&algo_expid=6c739b54-2aca-4ea6-b827-69a3135389c3-0&btsid=0bb0624016039650501982504e471c&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

The Gophert NPS-1601 is actually quite nice. You can add LT3045 boxes after them. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

No extra requests I needed to give to them?

No, but you can ask how a possible modification of PCB is ongoing. Using LT3045’s  instead of the present regulator. Seller promised me to talk to manufacturer about this. 
(And you need to find a clock cable). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, FIndingit said:

Now we only need somebody to look at the Chinese ocxo boards and say whether the square wave implementation looks good or bad.

I don’t think there is any isolation of the signal, which the expensive ones have. 

I think @JohnSwenson is supposed to have one, if Alex has sent his over for evaluation. 
I guess not a prioritized task 😀

48 minutes ago, yy said:

The phase noise of the external Nadac Clock-L device is -130dbC @ 10Hz. The BG7TBL (based on DAPU spec) is -125dBc @ 10Hz, so it should be still a major improvement. 

I thought it was the opposite. Higher numbers was better. Anyone can comment?

48 minutes ago, yy said:

The Adjustable BG7TBL should be able to generate this 692Khz signal on its output, no?

If seller says so. I haven’t studied the device. Maybe you should ask how this is achieved? And if specs is same on all frequencies and outputs. 
I must admit I don’t know enough about these things. So maybe don’t pay to much attention to my comments. 

Edit:

Closest you get is 690 KHz (probably doesn’t matter). 
Adjustable Frequency Range/Step: 10K-180MHz/Step 10Hz

13 hours ago, ambre said:

From afterdark 2 types / brands. The Giesemann emperor (up)  and Cybershaft 14 up. See pics below. 

I personally struggle with spending to much or more than the price of the EtherRegen on a clock. 
So what is the difference from Prince and up to your start point ?

Will a version with only DC input save a lot ?

Would be interesting to have a picture of those AfterDark clocks inside. 
It’s the same clock being used in all versions?

EEF4AFA9-132A-4682-807F-94E0A3817A82.jpeg